TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 03, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben : Archive through February 03, 2016 users admin

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i got the same feeling rupertbear. on the after show, he seemed a little ticked off after watching all the shows. makes me wonder if he is just kicking himself now.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i do have a question, if everything is so fake, manufactured, scripted...how do couples like Sean and Catherine, Des and Chris, Molly and Jason, Ashely and JP happen? Do they get a bonus if they get married and extra money if they stick it out and have a baby?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The easy answer to that is some of it's fake but it isn't all fake.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I think he felt he was doing the "heart" thing by giving her the early "date rose" I don't think that was producer driven (but what do I know - I wasn't there ;)

I did watch the Live show, and they polled the audience (not sure how I didn't vote) Should Ben take back the rose (the show ended on a cliffhanger - Chris comes in, all set to announce time for the Rose Ceremony and Ben asked Chris if he could talk to Olivia first - then we get the....du dum duh - TO BE CONTINUED screen! roflol!

The poll basically had 94% felt Ben should ask for the Rose back - Michelle (mentioned above, she does try to be a comic, but it doesn't resonate with me) She was the only one that said, no he can't take the Rose back - and I agreed with her - once you give that rose, you gave it for a reason - its not like you can't send her packing next week!

They were also previewing the Valentine show - the top 20 most amazing .... smh... but still roflol, this show makes me laugh, and I need to laugh!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Didn't one Bachelor take a rose back during the ceremony because he called a wrong girl's name by mistake?

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Doc--it was Jesse Palmer, 25 a quarterback, who mistakenly called out the wrong name.

627926%2C00,http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,627926,00.

p.s. I don't know where the numbers at the beginning of the link come from, as they aren't in my post.

Perhaps a mod can fix it? Thank you.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The girl he took on the date in Mexico where they did the fashion show (sorry, hit or miss watcher) - she was so sweet but her voice would drive me absolutely crazy!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Ben's too nice to take back the rose.

It was interesting to see him 'miffed' at Jubelee for not taking his hand when he offered it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Tex, technically Sean is the only "Bachelor" to marry the woman he picked. Jason did not originally pick Molly. And out of all the Bachelorettes, Ashley and Des were the only two to get married. Using my trusty calculator, 3 out of 30 is a 10% success rate.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
You forgot Trista :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
True about Jason but he did meet Molly on the show and was very close to picking her. Jade is also getting married to someone who was on the show. So there are connections being made. I'm not sure what a good success rate would be considering that people normally date a few people before finding a marriage partner.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
On the Live show Ben would not talk about Olivia's breath.Did he really give her some mint to chew on when they were food shopping?

I think Olivia is playing harder than any of the other girls. It seems like she intimidates them.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jade is marrying someone she met on Bachelor in Paradise. I don't watch BIP so I have no idea who she is marrying.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Jade Roper & Tanner Tolbert announced they are getting married very soon and wanted Chris Harrison to officiate.

http://tinyurl.com/zjmen8d

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, they are married now! It will air in a few weeks on TV.

I'd take a 10% success rate. In the dating world that seems pretty darn good to me!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
What about Ryan and Trista?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The women are certainly more successful at picking. We are wiser in so many ways. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
There have been 19 seasons of The Bachelor (Ben's season is NOT included in this number) and 11 seasons of The Bachelorette. I don't really count Jade and Tanner as a "success" story to the franchise because neither was the lead and they hooked up on BIP.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
lexi, i meant bachelor to include both, just didn't want to type out bachelor and bachelorette. thought everyone would know what i meant since i included the ladies who picked the men :-)

the point i was trying to make was, if it's all fake, manufactured ect how do ANY of these marriages happen?

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
As Lexie said last Friday, the "lead" of the show probably lets the producers know which people they are actually interested in, then the show tells them to keep x and/or y also, to create drama/antagonism etc, Texannie.

So, even though they are interfering on some level, the persons "real" choices are not really tampered with.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Other than messing with their minds wondering why he kept that ringer..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Texannie, people fall in love on TV shows all the time. Look how many stars of TV shows end up dating, marrying and having babies (not necessarily in that order) with their co-stars.

I think Ben is too nice to take Olivia's rose away, plus she will snow him with her charm and he'll keep her around for a while. I'm watching the Bachelor Live show now (it's been a busy week), and I have to say I won't miss this show (the after show). It seems like a lot of filler. I hate the call-in questions, can't stand Michelle Collins (I find her abrasive, rather than funny) and I sure didn't need to see Chris Soules. Ugh.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't miss the after show; stopped watching..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sea, as I was watching it I knew I was totally wasting my time. I kind of enjoyed it during BIP, but I cannot stand Michelle Collins and I just hate the call-in/Skype stuff. It just seems so disjointed. I enjoyed the summer co-host so much more. Maybe that's the problem.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
They are trying too hard -- having too many guests, too many fan call ins. The first shows were the best. They lost their way. I won't miss it.