TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 01, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben : Archive through February 01, 2016 users admin

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Funny, Sea! It's so unusual to have Oprah's face pop up on regular tv and not her own network, I was very surprised to see the ad, too.

Olivia...self-centered (always interrupting, to steal Ben away) and just plain old mean (her comment to Amber about the Teen Mom show).

It's time for Ben to say something about the constant interruptions...or show her the door.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Honestly, I think it's more comfortable for Ben to let the other ladies interrupt than for him to have to say "OK, we're done here, next!"

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 25, 2016 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
SO happy that Lauren B got that rose, and NOT Olivia.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
The interruptions of private talks with the Bachelor happen so often (more this year with Olivia),I thought it was some kind of Bachelor rule that if someone interrupts, you have to relinquish your time. Has anyone ever said "No, sorry we are talking right now?"

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
It does seem as if there is some sort of unspoken rule RL because I've been waiting and hoping that one of them would say that exact thing.

One of the girls last night mentioned she'd only been talking to Ben for three minutes, Naja...so Olivia barging in so soon seems totally unfair but Ben doesn't seem to realize that this is his show, so to speak and he could gently remind Olivia that he has only just sat down with this other person.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Why, oh why, oh why did Ben save the 'best for last' and give the last rose to Olivia!

What is his problem!

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Maybe on some subconscious level guys are initially flattered when a women shows so much interest in them, Doc? It does really boggle the mind that Ben is so clueless as to her real character.

The previews for next week are heartening, though. It appears as if more than one of the women let him know exactly how Olivia has been acting...yay! :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The producers may have asked Ben to keep Olivia around a while longer.

I recall another Bachelor asking someone who interrupted to come back because he hadn't had enough time with the person he was currently talking to so it's not like the show doesn't allow it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have to think he was told to keep Olivia around and I wish I thought she was in on the plot.. to keep a crazy acting delusional woman around, maybe with promise of Bachelor in Paradise.

I still cannot get over the facial expressions she gets.. she is supposed to have a job or have had one where she is ON CAMERA like news anchor! That would be so distracting, so I have to assume either her job was more about being a character maybe on a TMZ like show where the "anchors" are part of the entertainment, or if she was on actual news that she is now acting this part of being crazy and part of that is constantly opening her mouth wide like a baby bird who is hungry.

They seem to feel the need for at least one delusional one who constantly talks about the current bachelor being her husband starting with episode one.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Olivia is train-wreck gold. The producers are forcing him to keep her. He already has his top four women. The producers have say-so in who stays and goes as far as the rest of the women are concerned. The producers are also the ones that have the girls interrupt when someone else is having private talk time. This is all staged by production.

Ben and Jojo's daytime date must have been super-boring for them not to show it. They aired them getting in the helicopter during the day and the next thing you know they are dressed up for dinner at night.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Does Olivia realize that she is train-wreck gold and playing a part or is she being real?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Everything I have read about her - that is the real Olivia

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
This is her reporting the news.
https://www.romper.com/p/these-videos-of-olivia-caridi-as-a-news-anchor-show-the-bachelor-contestant-in-a-whole-new-way-4498

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There are youtubes of her doing her news anchor job but unfortunately, youtube is just giving me a green screen these days.

Olivia Caridi

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I am not a fan of Michelle Collins. I just find her abrasive. Plus she's from The View, which I hate and refuse to watch. When those nurses came on the screen on Bachelor Live, I wanted someone to point out, "See, Michelle??? Nurses wear stethoscopes. They have to listen to patients' hearts, too." Ugh. Can't stand her.

Was that bit about Olivia calling Amanda a Teen Mom from this week's show, or was that a preview for next week? I could swear it was in the previews. I don't remember seeing it in this week's show. I think I'm losing my mind.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Joy Behar was the one who made the stupid comment about nurses.
http://www.eonline.com/news/696230/the-view-co-hosts-facing-backlash-after-mocking-miss-america-nurse-monologue-why-does-she-have-a-doctor-s-stethoscope

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
She calls Amanda a team mom next week.

She really is freaking nuts quitting her job. News anchoring is a cut-throat business. There are more news anchors out there looking for jobs than there are jobs for news anchors. And the odds of finding another job when you come across bat-shit crazy on a popular reality show are even slimmer.

Andi Dorfmann quit her job at the D.A.'s office because she thought she would hit it big in Hollywood. That never happened. It falls under one of the most stupid moves ever. The D.A.'s office was going to hold her job for her while she was the Bachelorette. She didn't realize she wasn't as popular as she thought she was. The last I heard, she was in NYC looking for work.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm not just youtube, seems like any video is coming out with a solid green screen.. on my computer.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the same thing about quitting a news anchor job.. Sheesh. And she probably worked hard to GET that job.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Texannie, Joy may have started it, but I remember Michelle making light of the nurses being offended and just kind of saying "get over it." There was no sincere apology. I am not a nurse, but I have many friends and relatives who are, and I was very offended on their behalf.

As far as Olivia goes, I've wondered all along whether she actually "quit" her job or they asked her to leave. News anchors (and reporters) come and go on a regular basis in the Sacramento market. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turned out she was fired. Who quits a job as a news anchor to go on the Bachelor???

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I agree that the producers are making Ben keep Olivia. I am basing my opinion on the really, really pained look Ben had on his face when he said her name at the rose ceremony. Since the end of filming he has gotten better at doing the "blank smile" to hide what he is thinking but during these first episodes so far, his emotions are easily read on his face. I find it very endearing.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
According to OK Magazine she dumped her job and boyfriend for publicity.

This link is from Star Pulse and does contain Spoilers but they seem to think she is an opportunist.

<The claim is speculation and the actual spoiler is not easy to miss at that link>

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2016/01/07/olivia-caridi-dumped-boyfriend-for-bac

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
link

Sheaffer's blog, which does not contain spoilers.

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 1:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
Naja where in kc area do you live. I lived in Warrensburg less then hour from kc.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, February 01, 2016 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Okay, after seeing the previews for next week, it appears to me as if Olivia yet again snows gullible Ben and he doesn't de-rose her. HUGE disappointment, if that's correct.

Jubilee seemed all over the map emotionally with her feelings and treatment of Ben, so it was no big surprise that he sent her home.

Amanda seems to be a sweetheart, I'm really liking her.

Please send the villain home Ben, we're really tired of seeing her and the other women are even calling into question your sensibilities, by keeping her around.

Oh man...is this the show making him keep her yet again?