TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 19, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben : Archive through January 19, 2016 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, they do eat - it just isn't shown on the show because no one wants to watch two people chowing down on a date.

I realize it is difficult for them to come up with good ideas for group dates, but the sniff test was plain offensive.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
It is irritating that we have to see through these sophomoric ideas they have for activities and dates.

The Bachelor keeps banging on about this being the most important decision of his life, then we get childish scenarios passed off as "fun" activities.

Yep...could have done without seeing Kris Jenner on the after show. It looked as if she was "crushing' on Chris Soules! :P

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Lexi, it looked like their plates were full when they walked away from the table.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Oh...I meant "sit" not "see" in my above comment.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I thought Ben said he wasn't going to do a lot of kissing!

It is non stop kissing on his first one on one date.

I hate that sound of kissing. Stop it Ben!

Luvbbplayers

07-14-2006

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvbbplayers a private message Print Post    
Exact feelings here...those icky smacky kisses makes me cringe as well as the woo hoo screams

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
The kissing doesn't bother me so much. He's pretty dreamy, maybe the best Bachelor yet or maybe to good to be true?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
not a fan of the smacking, but he is really doing a great job of talking and spending time with each girl and actually talking to them too!

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure if the show has "jumped the shark" for me but I am seriously lacking any kind of interest in this particular season.

Jumping the shark is an idiom popularized by Jon Hein that was used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality, signaled by a particular scene, episode, or aspect of a show in which the writers use some type of gimmick in an attempt to keep viewers' interest, which is taken as a sign of desperation, and is seen by viewers to be the point at which the show strayed irretrievably from its original formula. The phrase is based on a scene from a fifth-season episode of the sitcom Happy Days when the character Fonzie jumps over a shark while on water-skis.[1][2][3]

The usage of "jump the shark" has subsequently broadened beyond television, indicating the moment when a brand, design, franchise, or creative effort's evolution declines.

Ben falls for all the tears and manipulations of these women. He appears to be clueless.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
there must have been some heavy editing on the date with Jubilee. I didn't see any chemistry but at the end he is saying he could marry her. ????
Olivia is a <77>. The look he gave her when she started talking about her cankles after he said he was upset about his friends' death.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, January 18, 2016 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I find myself liking Ben more and more each week and I don't think that's ever happened in previous seasons, usually the bachelor becomes more unlikeable with each episode. Ben appears to genuinely want to know these women on more than a superficial level and so far seems to be in this "for the right reasons".
The women though, yikes! It was pretty obvious to me that Jubilee was joking and has a sarcastic edge to her. As far as the massage went, it was a little over the top, but at least she was showing concern for Ben in his emotional state and not cackling about the other girls and cankles.
Lace taking herself out surprised me, but I don't think that was her plan. She probably expected Ben to beg her to stay!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
yikes! the red dots make it look like i said something more awful that i thought i did! imo, Olivia is rather clueless or at least self absorbed.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
after watching 'after the rose', i think Lace is wanting to be the new bachelorette after 'she works on herself'.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
That was really whacky when Olivia started talking about her features after hearing about the death of friends. I wonder if it was creative editing? I hope no one can really be that self absorbed. I'd hope she tried to comfort him before launching into that and then CRYING about it to him. How exhausting :|

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Won't happen, though...you have to be on the show longer than three episodes! lol

It's exasperating to see Ben being pulled every which way, like a Stretch Armstrong doll, by these women. Wish he'd grow a pair. Instead, he's running around, trying to appease everyone.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
why does this show insist on showing women as so catty? or do they just specifically look for women who are? geez put your big girl panties on!

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Agreed, Keldogg.

They probably have them fill out questionnaires, designed by psychologists, to see who are the right "type' for the show! ;)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Or maybe it's simply that if you put a group of young women together in this sort of artificial situation these are the results that you get?

Another interesting/related question is do the men behave differently on the Bachelorette?

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm...you mean besides developing "bromances", cos the Bachelorette isn't paying them enough attention?

Now that you mention it, Jimmer...the guys do get in each others face too!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, that is "editing" to make it look like they didn't eat. They always eat before they have the talk and give out the rose. They have done this before where they made it look like they didn't eat - yet the contestants said they did eat before "the talk and the rose." This show is notorious for editing things out of whack - like who comes out of the limos first on opening night, who gets the first "chat" on a group date. They edit the hell out of this show so things are not seen in the order they happened. They have also been caught almost every season not showing the roses being given out in the order they are given out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've heard many people say (including Molly Mesnick on the Bachelor Live tonight) that the reason the women get so focused on each other is that they really have nothing else to do. They're stuck together in this house with no TV, no Internet, no magazines. They're bored out of their minds, so they over-analyze every tiny thing.

I really respected Lace for pulling herself out like she did last night. She said on Bachelor Live that she just wasn't feeling it with Ben and the stress of the situation was starting to affect her. I thought it was very brave of her to decide this wasn't for her and to ask to leave. Much better than every single woman thinking she has a connection with the same guy. That's just not realistic.

And Olivia sitting down with Ben to talk about her cankles right after he announced he was sad because of a family tragedy??? No words.

Oh, and I read several weeks ago (right after the first episode) that Lace would be on Bachelor in Paradise, so I think she was playing coy on tonight's BLive.

Also who the heck were those two guys they brought in at the end? I never heard of either of them and found them more annoying than funny. I ended up FFing through their segment. Ugh.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I bet Becca will be the next Bachelorette. Just a gut feeling I have.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I like Becca. I think she and Ben would be perfect for each other, but they haven't given her much screen time. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I like Becca too, but I think after Chris Soules's season she was not ready to jump into the Bachelorette thing yet, so they went with Kaitlyn and the other one. I don't know. Just got a funny feeling she and Ben won't make it, but there is another reason she is on this show.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they'd consider Jubilee as the next Bachelorette? I think it would be interesting, but I would want to see the majority of the guys "her type". What ever that is (as opposed to the seasons they cast for "rolls"). I don't know. Just thinking.