TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 24, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: The Bachelor - All Seasons: Archive through August 24, 2015 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sean and Catherine are going to be on the next season of Marriage Boot Camp.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
hmmm...wonder why? he has talked on his blog about how hard they work at their marriage because of how they kind of did things backwards, but i haven't gotten the feeling things were bad.
i hope not.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think it pays well. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Reid and Aviva's manager is suing for her 10% commission over the $100,000 they were paid for appearing on that show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep, it sure pays well..

Of course it could stir things up for good or ill but that is a chance you take when you do any sort of therapy or counseling.. and then they add in cameras!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wow, 100K? For about a week's "work". I can see why couples go on it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sounds like Jeff and Jordan on this season. They don't really have any huge issues, but they're getting paid. And who couldn't use a little fine tuning on their relationship?

I'm watching this season because of Kendra and Hank. Guess I'll be watching next season now, too.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think Jeff/Jordan have some pretty huge communication/conflict resolution issues. Evident on TAR, evident here also.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. As much as I like Jordan (Jeff a bit less) I don't get a good vibe from the Jeff and Jordan relationship. I don't think they communicate well at all. However, if I were them I sure wouldn't be going on TV to resolve personal issues so I hope they are just doing it totally for the money.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, that season is several episodes in and while Jeff and Jordan seemed the model couple compared to the others, their issues are basic and I think could be solvable with some good work. Jordan isn't good at role playing and is really self conscious when things go deep, so she laughs. I can really relate to that.. A lot of our training for rape crisis and later trainings too, did involve role playing and that was difficult for me but the more you do it the better you get at it. And in real therapy, mine was individual but I found that I could let go of the self conscious part of me and really work and I hope that after this show Jeff and Jordan will do therapy off camera, not just give up.

It could be that she will decide to move back where she actually owns a home (that is a fear Jeff has), but I hope they give it a chance and if they decide to split, it isn't just a giving up but that they do the work and either build up their ability to deal with conflicts and communication.. or split with more tools for the next relationship.

The last episode had all the couples doing an exercise where they took the half of the couple who is usually the leader and blindfolded them, put the pair in a canoe/boat and the one who could see had to direct the one who couldn't (who also had the only paddle.

Some did well, others were terrible and shouted, one actually used her leg to try to paddle instead of relying on the one with the paddle.

Jordan just gave vague and fairly useless instructions (that ignored the fact that Jeff couldn't SEE) and Jeff became angry which didn't help him to get better instructions.

I think the type of problems Jeff and Jordan have are often overlooked because they aren't dramatic from the outside.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Let's face it, Jordan is more than a bit dimwitted. I love her, but she's not the brightest bulb. So, a task where she has to give directions to someone blindfolded and she's pointing. Well, LOL, that just isn't going to work. All the therapy in the world isn't going to fix that. Jeff either needs to love and embrace that dim side of her or move on. I have no idea what their home life is like, but they sure seem like a sweet couple and I think they could make it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 29, 2015 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Actually, Jordan shuts down when Jeff gets frustrated with her. So it's a bit of both of them. So if she makes a mistake, instead of asking her to explain better, he gets angry, she gets more flustered and shuts down, he gets angrier.

So, I don't think you can pin it all on one or the other. The fact that Jordan can't communicate well is not a reason to get mad at her. That's wrong.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree.. Jeff used to and probably still finds that charming in her but when something is public or on the line he gets frustrated, and that doesn't help her to communicate.

And she I suspect relies on cute/ditsy and it gets her through much in life but sometimes it simply doesn't work.

I think she feels inferior to Jeff at times.. he's fast on his feet and has had to learn to be better at that.. his interviews are improving. And I imagine he has worked to achieve that. She's never been as confident and most of the time may just defer to him.

That can work in relationships as long as the one who is relied on remains reliable.

Reliable cannot be counted on.. people leave, and people die. I've known couples where when the husband died, the wife had NO clue of their financial situation.. one woman hadn't even paid bills or written checks in her life (now that would be paying online probably).

I think therapy/counseling could help and I'd like to see some life coaching for Jordan. He needs to learn patience and she needs to gain confidence in herself.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Hope this is the right place to post this. Tonight on celebrity wife swap, the wives of Sean Lowe and Jason Mesnick swap places. ABC @ 10 p.m.

Ariasmum

07-21-2006

Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ariasmum a private message Print Post    
I stumbled across it and watched last night. I felt sorry for Catherine having to take on so much of Molly's busy life. Especially motherhood. I lost a little respect for Sean too because their life together really does seem like it is all about him and poor Catherine is just there to serve her husband. I finally saw that Molly does have a personality afterall. I realize this show is also scripted but I ended up liking Molly more and Sean less.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Ariasmum! Sean was painted in a very bad light. Does he seriously make Catherine iron his socks? Iron your own damn socks! Except that we don't even own an iron anymore! He looked pretty controlling.

Jason and Molly's baby is pretty darn cute. I felt bad for her having a stranger in her house. Babies that little need their moms!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
After reading an article online about the show, I truly believe the producers exaggerated Sean and Catherine's marriage for drama. He doesn't really make Catherine iron his socks. He actually doesn't "make" her do anything she doesn't want to do. And that whole bit about Molly making Sean trade in his Porsche was stupid. It has a back seat and four doors. There's no reason they can't keep it, at least for the first couple of kids. That obviously wasn't a legal trade-in, cause no papers were signed. It was all for the show.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Sean was quite mortified with how he came out looking. He wrote about it on his blog. He said he thought the scenarios the show came up with would come off the tongue in cheek that they thought they were. He did say he loved getting to know Mollie. Also he was sorry the bible study was edited cause Mollie really liked it. He also said he works out of his home so he wears shorts LOL
I follow both them on Instagram and they are always posting pics of them eating out at various places and doing all sorts of things

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/seanlowe/2015/07/5-things-you-wouldnt-know-about-me-if-you-only-watched-wife-swap/

This is Sean's blog. I follow them on Instagram they are always posting pics of them eating out at all different places and traveling all over. So will take his word for it.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
sorry for the double posts!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
No worries, TA! Thanks for posting the link. I'm glad to know Sean's still the good guy we all thought he was.

Ariasmum

07-21-2006

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ariasmum a private message Print Post    
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/12/nick-viall-would-seriously-consider-becoming-next-bachelor

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nick Viall as the next Bachelor? When pigs fly.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
ROFLMAO!!!!

Oh my, I actually snorted when I read your reply, Jaxmom!

I will co-sign that sentiment! :P

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post