TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 31, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor in Paradise Season 2 - General Discussion: Archive through August 31, 2015 users admin

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Welcome, Tex. :-) Sorry I misunderstood.

If I was Joe's mum, I'd be absolutely horrified how he acts towards women.

Very true about how they 'use' each other to stay on the show.

Jasper, you had said a kiss and a date and they are looking for a ring...ha ha ha.

One thing Juelia said about Joe....that he was talking of moving. Now that is really low, when he said he was ONLY there in order to meet Samantha. Those two deserve each other.

I will say I found it grating that Juelia kept saying she'd left her daughter (and this for a second time) in order to find true love. Well, no one forced her to be on the show...no one forced her to stay.

If she is finding it difficult finding a nice guy in her home town, then she should open her laptop and join one of the innumerable dating sites that are out there. She won't even have to leave her daughter, in order to do it.

Dahli

11-27-2000

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
I'm sure joes mum not only knows and approves
I bet she is the biggest reason he behaves as he does towards women, apples don't fall far .

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
that is rather unfair. he is a grown a$$ man. So every jerk adult is the fault of their parent?

Dahli

11-27-2000

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
Yah pretty much

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I can't wait till Ashley I. hits 30 and realizes what an "old lady" she is. Argh!!! I went through a divorce when I was 33 (after having been married for 10 years). I dated a LOT of younger guys. In fact, my first husband was 2 years younger than me. Before I met my current husband, I dated a guy who was 15 years younger than me for a whole year. He was one of the best boyfriends I even had. He always called me when he said he would, never played games. I also dated a guy 8 years younger and one 5 years younger. Age doesn't matter when you have chemistry and interests in common. My current hubby and I have been together now for 17 years. He is 9 years older than me. Age is irrelevant after middle school.

Ashley is very, very immature. Can't wait till Jared dumps her for someone with more substance.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I agree, Babyjaxmom...I'd never dated a guy younger than myself before but I am now. He's 8 yrs younger and I couldn't ask for a more sweet, attentive, caring person.

Ha ha...Ashley I is 27, going on 7. I have a feeling that both she and her sister have been raised with the "princess" syndrome and unless she gets a reality check, she is never going to find someone and be happy.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
My husband is 5 yrs younger. It helped that neither one of us wanted children.
I'm still watching, I don't know why, but I am. I feel like this show was all figured out before filming, I thought that last year too.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
And Ashley S. with the massage and "fruit" conversation across the screen. I am no prude but the show seems to be definitely crossing some lines this year.

Mikey seems to have toned it down considerably and Juelia is fortunate she got a "do over". Hopefully she is not playing him again.

Sam...man, who knew what lurked beneath the surface when she was on Chris' season. Not that I can feel sorry for Joe. Karma is definitely working well on this show.

Now, if Sam gets what she deserves. She is a piece of work. :P

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I just thought the whole Juelia thing was ridiculous. Yes, Joe is a jerk and she got screwed over. But the way they were all going on & on about how she deserved to stay and find love.... I noticed they were all saying that JJ or Dan should give her a rose, but none of the ones already coupled up were willing to give up their time in paradise so she could stay. One of the couples guys could have given her the rose, and then the couple could have left together into the sunset since they had already found "love". I guess they thought she didn't deserve to be in paradise more than them, just others! Then, her going to Chris H., and requesting they bring Mike back, and they did it.... wonder how many others would like a "do-over".... The whole thing just seems over the top to me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I started laughing when one of the girls said that this was Juelia's "last chance' to find love..... what, she's going to go into a hole or something when she goes back to her daughter???? There's just as many places at home to find someone (friends, church, single parent groups, etc) that may have better character than people on Bachelor in Paradise. Not that everyone there has questionable character......

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
This show is so fun. Yes, the drama over Julia's "last chance". And the one older lady "retiring" from Bachelor shows. It's just all so good! I could not believe how much alcohol that one couple consumed on their massage date.

And poor Joe. NOT! He's getting just what he deserves and Sam is just a master manipulator. She is not coming across well at all.

And yes, this is well planned out. They have to get singles that have an interest in each other and then they want to have 1 person they are also interested in show up later to create drama. But it's so juicy to watch! :-)

Smokey

07-07-2003

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I absolutely love the opening of this show. It's hysterical.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Can't wait for After Paradise tonight. I think Joe is going to be on it!!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
so now Joe is a victim??? oh puhleeze............can't wait for After Paradise!!!

Spoton

09-16-2005

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I'm really not liking the After Paradise show. The women the have on just seem like classic mean girls, and Chris just eggs them on. I don't find that funny or entertaining. (And yet I like watching Paradise, with all it's snarkiness...I must be broken...)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Juliea oh I haven't felt this way in a long time about anyone re Mikey, um yeah you did a couple of days ago about Joe. what is up with this girl? this really is her last chance because if any man sees her on this they will run a mile! she goes from zero to sixty in 10 seconds. Talk about trying to manufacture a relationship. She really takes the cake. Poor Mikey she already has him in the role of father and husband in her head. Perhaps they are made for each other, neither seems like the brightest crayon in the box.

The opening credits are funny and I love the addition of introducing Jorge "the bartender".

Ashley I for all her vanity must never have watched herself crying in the mirror otherwise she wouldn't be doing it on camera. She is a tiresome girl and she is a girl (I'm glad Jared disentangled). I do hope no one takes advantage of her though, as the teasers seem to indicate.}

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Nick reminds me of the Scottish actor Robert Carlyle, every time they show him.

They haven't really shown Jared much, so hopefully they have someone really nice to send there for him.

Jasper, you crack me up with your comments. :-)

I was surprised how involved the guys were in all "the drama", too. At least they realize that Sam is a major manipulator, though she wants to be perceived as an innocent pawn in all the 'drama'. (Drama counter-2)
Must think she's going to get a tv show out of this or something.

I didn't know she's a beauty pageant contestant til I did some reading up on her last night. And knows Jeremy Piven.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I feel kind of bad for Clare. I think she was on the show to find love and was really smitten with Jared.

There is a link I have but it contains spoilers for the show, so I won't link it but she thinks she should have been a Bachelorette and sent an Instagram, quoting from William Arthur Ward about her time on the show.

(Mods-if I'm not allowed to repeat what she said without the link, feel free to delete this post. I'm not 100% up on the rules yet.) :-)

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I think Samantha knows she got little to no air time on Chris' season, and wants to make sure she gets her time in the spotlight on Paradise.

Peeper

06-14-2004

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peeper a private message Print Post    
Jasper I had the same reaction when Juliea said she had not felt that way for so long. IMO this whole Juliea situation is ridiculous. She was the one who told Joe several times she would go on a date with him, even though he was acting weird and moody. Then she decide he was the love of her life and would not let go even though she had several warnings. Then they make her out to be the victim?
On After Paradise she said she wanted to teach her daughter not to put up with being disrespected, but she needs to teach her daughter to love herself enough that she does not have to invent romance with ever man she meets and to be secure enough to be alone if the love is not there.
Also Joe seemed desperate for Sam's affections, so desperate that he was willing to blackmail her to get her back. That is sad too.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It seems like both Joe and Juliea have a lot of insecurity when it comes to interpersonal relationships.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Well, glad to see the last of Joe. Some if his comments suggest arrested development.

Dan was doing himself no favour, seeking Samantha's Medusa glare but he was spot on in his analysis of what life would be like, if Sam had pursued a relationship with Joe.

Sam...wow, either she is an incredibly insecure woman or the "master manipulator", as the others keep claiming.

It was priceless, when she and Dan joined them after the rose ceremony. The camera panned around the group to show their reaction to Sam's explanation of the texts and it was easily seen that not one of them was buying her version of the "truth".

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
It was even funnier when Dan said he was speaking for everyone when he told her that nobody thought she was to blame. He then looked at them and you could hear crickets. He really believes that?

I don't understand why everybody talks about him as being the nicest guy out there. I didn't think he was very nice to Ashley when he broke it off with her or the next one either (Amber?). I think he was very manipulative with Sam to get the rose and stay another week (not that she doesn't deserve it).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think it was Tanner who called her a 'praying mantis eating men' in his video diary. Made me giggle....

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 31, 2015 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sam is just a mess. She's coming across looking so bad. I can't wait to see her explanation tonight. She just looks like a flake and a black widow.

Dan seems to be too full of himself, like he wants to be the all knowing, all wise father figure or something? He seems nice enough in an over analytical way, but he doesn't seem like he'd be much fun. I don't see the attraction to him at all.