TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 28, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Kaitlyn - General Discussion (NO Spoilers): Archive through July 28, 2015 users admin

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Too funny, Kookliebird! I think you're right on the money! :-)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
She dodged a bullet.

Northstar

09-29-2008

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northstar a private message Print Post    
Ack, I was never a Nick fan, not by a long shot but I thought he held his own against the agenda of the production team. But how he responded to Kait, ugh.

I wish Shawn and Kaitlyn well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Andi did tell him beforehand and he still came on final rose and trashed her anyway..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I will say he didn't throw the expensive ring and box.

He put it aside and took off the Claddagh Ring he got with Kaitlyn and threw that on the floor. They bought matching rings there and he had his on and showed it to the jeweler.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OMG.. all those hours of Bachelorette and it turns out Jimmy Kimmel was much better!

Picture Guillermo and Jimmy in bridesmaid dresses.. Kaitlyn in various goofy wedding dresses with a life sized cut out of Sean.. and another cutout of Nick poking into the screen..

Jimmy stuffed into Kaitlyn's leather leggings,etc.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 4:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
not really a Nick fan, but was never a Sean fan. He just rubs me wrong, and I never believed the relationship, but i have always thought the way the Bachelorette does the final rose is just wrong. With the Bachelor, no matter how clumsy and wrong, he is the one talking to the girl that he is rejecting NOT like the Bachelorette where SHE lets the guy SHE is rejecting babble on and then rejects him! It's awkward and painful and unnecessary. I think the contestants that have let the suitor go before then are much more kind. I don't blame Nick for saying he didn't want to hear her drone on about how much she did love him even though she didn't pick him. He was right, she didn't love him enough.
I do think Nick was in love. I don't think he is that good of an actor to fake the relief and excitement he felt when it was Neil Lane at the door.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I agree with Nick when he said Kaitlyn should have told him sooner.

She said that she knew that morning that Sean was the one, but she was not ready to talk to him (Nick) about it.

Well, another man shot down. I wasn't fond of Nick at all. Didn't he say he was hoping the other girl was going to be the Bachelerette?

On to Bachelor in Paradise.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Andi did tell him beforehand and he still came on final rose and trashed her anyway

Yes, you are so right about that Seamonkey! I was shocked at how he could act with no class like that.

I suppose we all have our own take on what we saw....that's why the police get so many versions of what happened at the scene of a crime...lol...but I am hoping the two of them make it, as I think their feelings are genuine.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Yes, on to BIP, Doc....a soap opera with lots of canoodling and drama! :-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didn't think production let them tell them before hand so that you can get their reaction when they are rejected.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Huh, that makes sense Lakecat, though it does seem cruel of them to do it. They must have thought allowing her to tell him ahead of time would be too anti-climatic.

Maybe Nick's family weren't as confident of the outcome and that's why they were in the audience, to console him.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think I saw Kaitlyn hug Nicks little sister when everyone came up to the stage when the credits were rolling.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The Bachelorettes have a history of letting someone at the F2 know that they aren't "the one." Ali, Emily, Andi have all let someone know beforehand that they weren't getting the final rose. I can't remember if Ashley and Des let someone at the F2 go early so they wouldn't have to make a jackass of himself on a mountaintop overlooking the ocean professing his undying love before getting dumped.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Awwww, that's cool...when you come right down to it...they advertise it as "entertainment" but this is, for the most part, real emotions we are witnessing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I call Nick out for wanting to twist production every which way in both seasons. If you didn't like it in Andi's season, then don't force your way back on the show.

If you were fascinated by Kaitlyn, then you should have moved faster and met her BEFORE the show. Or maybe he assumed she wouldn't be the one the guys picked for Bachelorette so he could scoop her up.

Let him produce his own show if he wants to create the rules..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The whole concept is cruel.. and they signed on for it. Nick added to that by basically crashing the party.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, when Nick said he hoped Britt was going to be the bachelorette, I think it was because he wanted to have a relationship with Kaitlyn, or at least meet her in person and explore that possibility since they had formed a relationship through texting and phone conversations before her season started. If Kaitlyn hadn't been the bachelorette, it would have been much easier for him to just pursue that relationship with her.

Chris H. really harped on that prior relationship so much it was irritating.

I feel very badly for Nick. Poor guy.

I don't see her and Shawn lasting. I think she could have had a better future with Nick.

I see Shawn as jealous and pouty. I don't think his type of personality bodes well for his future relationship with Kaitlyn.

I think Nick's family knew he got dumped before they attended the live finale last night. I think they are allowed to share news with their immediate family. I could be wrong though.

Kaitlyn definitely let Nick say too much. At least she stopped him before he proposed, but she should have stopped him much earlier. I like how he put it that those words were meant for his future wife, not her because he was not who she had chosen. Kaitlyn's reason for not letting him go earlier in the day was really bad, really lame. If the real reason was because it was in the contract that she not dump him earlier, she should have thought of something else to say. Or just accepted what he said, listened to him, and apologized.

I am pretty sure that Ashley let Ben get down on one knee. I think she actually let him say the proposal, but I am not sure about that part.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Happymom, yeah... I wasn't sure about whether or not Ashley let someone go before the F2 ceremony. But as I posted above, other Bachelorettes have so that was a pretty lame excuse on Kaitlyn's part.

Nick and Kaitlyn had been texting and talking on the phone for several months prior to her season starting. He had plenty of time to meet her if he really wanted. At the end of the day, he was looking for more TV time. Nick is only in it for Nick.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And to "win".

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Happymom, I didn't understand what Nick met about wanting the other Bachelorette to get the 'job'.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought that if Britt were the bachelorette, Shawn would have pursued Kaitlyn anyway. Both said the attraction at the first meeting was mutual.

I suspect that Kaitlyn was told to let Nick have his say. Rumors are that the production people didn't care much for Kaitlyn... they said she had too many demands and would not be on time for scheduled shooting. The speculation is that production made changes to the schedule that would not show Kaitlyn in the best light (i.e. overnight date before meeting the families). I don't know if that is true, but, to me, it appears that way.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But Nick wouldn't have known about Shawn or any connection.. and if she was out of the house, he would be texting her and they'd get together. Shawn may not have had a chance. And would Shawn have walked out of the house if Britt had become the Bachelorette? All conjecture, anyway.

Ariasmum

07-21-2006

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ariasmum a private message Print Post    
I was fully expecting them to show Britt living happily ever after with her new man in the finale. I am surprised they didn't mention her since they seemed to want to highlight her throughout Kaitlyn's season. I even waited to see something while the credits were rolling!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They didn't mention her because that relationship had already ended at about the time the first episode was aired.