TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 27, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Kaitlyn - General Discussion (NO Spoilers): Archive through July 27, 2015 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well they didn't hate Nick enough to tell him NO. Plus they've now featured him for half the season. If your information is correct, that must be a bitter pill.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie_girl for the clarification about Nick. I agree, Jimmer, production could have said "No."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ian was strangely awkward, but glad he did apologize.

I think even if they hate Nick, they LOVE publicity .. and I agree, they don't care who they hurt or defame.

OK.. I guess it was more about Shay but Schaefer got some REALLY good exposure there! Can't wait for her blog on this..

She's so funny when she notices some of the strange choices in clothing on the show, too..

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's how I see it, Seamonkey. The show producers love publicity making controversy more than they hate Nick. It's all about the money.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think JJ's nervous/scared look when Chris Harrison was getting ready to make the "big reveal" was more about, "What is this show going to do to me now?" than about him having something to hide. TPTB don't care how they portray people on this show (make them look crazy, closeted gay, evil, whatever) as long as it boosts ratings. I think that look said more about the producers than it did about JJ.

I've been reading a lot of online articles and web sites, and I do think this is the most disliked and unpopular Bachelorette ever. The dates this season were very unfabulous (boxing, sumo wrestling, haunted house) and they didn't travel as much as they usual do. I think the producers realized they had a dud on their hands halfway through the season and decided to cut the budget. What a horrible season.

I'm still watching, but it's like watching a trainwreck. I'm not at all emotionally invested in who she picks. I'm pretty sure from the spoilers posted everywhere online that I already know who it is anyway. I just want this season to be over so we can move on to BIP!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, and I forgot all about the coffin date (such poor taste) and especially the sex ed date. That one was so distasteful, I had to FF through the whole thing. As a mother, I was totally offended by using young children in that way for entertainment. Made my skin crawl!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The whole season was a mess. It's hard to believe they would do this even if they hate both her and Nick. After all, it is their product that they are selling and the producers and crew are the ones who lose out if it fails. They must have thought that some viewers would find it entertaining.

Worst Bachelor/Bachelorette season that I've ever seen.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry, but if you don't want people to think poorly of you, don't sleep with people on TV. I keep thinking what the other guys' mothers would think having to welcome a woman into their home as a prospective partner for their son, when they had (or would very soon) seen and heard her having sex with another guy. That was just icky. We didn't need those graphic details.

We all know stuff goes on in the Fantasy Suite, but it should be kept relatively private between the two people involved.

And before I get accused of being sexist, I had the same feelings about Ben Flajnik when he had sex with Courtney in the ocean. I felt it was disrespectful to the other contestants.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://pinteresttoldmeto.blogspot.com/

It's finally up! And it's great! :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
According to RS, there have been other seasons where the lead has slept with someone before the FS dates, and they were never shown on TV. The producers must really hate Kaitlyn to have aired this when they didn't do it on other seasons.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow. If that is true, that is very mean of them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have no problem believing the producers of this show can be mean.. and are mean.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Apparently, Bob Guiney holds the record for the most hookups in a single season.....

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, July 24, 2015 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I thought I knew which one he was. I Googled his name and yes, it was him. All I can say is....why??????

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Everybody thought he was so "charming" when he was on the Bachelorette. He quickly showed his true colors when he was in the spotlight. He went from Bachelor Nation Sweetheart to He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Well, lets hope the producers have their lackeys reading message boards across the internet, for reaction to their "new format"...or was it really just cobbled together? This season was a total disaster, don't try to fix what wasn't broken. We like seeing it unfold, as it has in the past.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Yes, Rubertbear, I agree. The "double Bachelorette" picking was painful right off the bat! Then the changing of the timing of the Rose Ceremonies just didn't work.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Oh Reenie...I felt so bad for Britt and Kaitlyn, when they announced that the men would be voting for the new Bachelorette. That was a bad omen for things to come.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Well, it will be all over after tonight and can go into history as the show we will be comparing future one's to....as in "is this as bad as Kaitlyn's season?" :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - Thank goodness for that!!!

(Sigh - still watching though. )

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Star Magazine has a small article saying producers shamed Kaitlyn as revenge for rubbing them the wrong way.. says she's really picky and rude with wardrobe, food, towels and then also has "bad work ethic", showing up late to filming.

So supposedly to get even they schedules the overnight dates before hometown visits, knowing she'd sleep with all three before friends and family had a chance to disapprove of them.. and that she did sleep with all three.

Of course, grain of salt, this is The Star, but they often are right.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The Star is a dreadful piece of "journalism" but yes they are right ... rarely. Not sure if this is one of those times but their track record is poor.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
So it's the day before the proposal, and Kaityn is in love with both of them?

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Nick gives her a photo album of their time together. Shawn gives her a big jar with photos of their time together. She's crying because she's going to have to say goodbye to one of them tomorrow .

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
My prediction is that she picks Shawn, but in 3 months leaves him and goes back to Nick!!