TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 08, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Kaitlyn - General Discussion (NO Spoilers): Archive through July 08, 2015 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm confused (as usual). Isn't the common assumption that they all take their relationships to the "next level" with the fantasy suites? How was this all that different?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Because it was so soon.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
She didn't exactly 'let' Nick into her bedroom at the hotel, it was all her idea and she practically dragged him in.

I thought it was an 'unwritten law' that you wait for the Fantasy Suite to have sex.

That was part of the weeding out process.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
She also TOLD Shawn because she felt he needed to know.

But last week, she said she was very concerned that Nick would tell the guys what happened and she wanted to beat him to the punch and tell Shawn about it before he heard it from Nick. That's the impression I got--she figured he was going to find out anyway, so coming from her was the best way.

I don't hate her. But I do think this season isn't very good. I actually like a lot of things about her, but it seems like she just doesn't get it as far as why sleeping with Nick would be upsetting.

Jimmer, what Karuuna and Dogdoc said. She slept with him before the fantasy suites thing, which I don't think has ever happened before.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think when others have had sex before the Fantasy Suites, they've been called out for it too. I only have a vague remembrance, but I don't think it's unique to Kaitlyn.

Juan Pablo?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think she told Shawn because if she picks him in the end and he finds out about it later, it would be very, very bad. She wanted him to know sooner rather than later. And yes, I would have loved to hear her say "sorry that I hurt you". Maybe she did and it was edited out.

I find Nick completely adorable and charming.

This show is so weird because they all act like they are in an exclusive dating situation because for the men they are -- they are only dating ONE girl. But she's dating a dozen. So it's just so out or whack with normal life where you'd be dating here and there and then decide to be exclusive at some point. You don't know about all the other dating the person is doing.

Did Courtney and Ben fool around before the Fantasy Suite? I don't really recall anything this obvious. This seems like a first for the Bachette for sure.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
And oh yes, Joe. Joe looks bad. Bye, bye Joe. We didn't get to know much of you and now I'm glad about that. Jared was a total class act. He'll be dating up a storm after this.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ben and Courtney did the deed on the beach.

Kaitlyn is shamed for this. Andi waits a whole extra week or two, has sex with two guys in two nights and tells both of them she loves them and that's somehow seen as better than what Kaitlyn did?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Like Kaitlyn said, "I am a grown woman. I can do what I want."

Yes, the show should be all about her. She, after all, is the Bachelorette.

I just find her more self absorbed than most of the other women have been.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm puzzled too Jimmer as to why Andi is excused but Kaitlyn is shamed. I guess the fantasy suite is seen as the "free pass"?

I don't know if she's more self-absorbed. If she were I don't think she'd be crying so much. I think she's a freer spirit and more than a bit flakey and flighty.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think she is crying for herself, not for the men that get hurt.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nailed it, Dogdoc. Her tears are more in the realm of, "Uh oh, I screwed up and now I'm gonna get in trouble," than "I'm so sorry that I hurt someone I cared about." I do feel she's very self-absorbed.

Thought there's sex certainly going on in the Fantasy Suite, it's not always that way. I'm sure there are some (I hope!) who choose not to sleep with multiple people over the course of a couple of days. Ewwwww! Plus if you're really falling in love with someone, why would you even want to have sex with someone else? That just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Plus if you're really falling in love with someone, why would you even want to have sex with someone else? That just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Well ironically that is what seemed to be bothering Nick about Andi and her proclamation of her endless love for Josh. He hadn't said anything up until when she started going on about how it was an easy decision for her and how much in love she was with Josh.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kaitlyn is shamed for this. Andi waits a whole extra week or two, has sex with two guys in two nights and tells both of them she loves them and that's somehow seen as better than what Kaitlyn did?

The difference is we don't really *know* what happens in the Fantasy Suite, and yes, it's presumed that some sex goes on there, but unless someone says so *afterwards*, we don't know if it's with all three, or one, or whatever.

When they have sex before then, it's caught on *camera*, (or audio) and yes, then we *know* and then just like Juan Pablo, people are gonna judge.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
People are gonna judge. Absolutely!! Fairly or not, they will judge. Its what we do ;)

I for one, don't find her tears fake at all. Some people are really painting her out to be a cold hearted all about me person and I honestly don't think that's true. at. all. She may be too honest for this show... where as some others might of had the common sense to keep things to themselves. Maybe shes too young or too flakey or both... but this show has not done her any favours that's for sure. Sometimes I think the producers must hate her, Shawn and Nick... ;)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Cinnamon, you hit the nail on the head. The producers hate her, Shawn and Nick. The way they manipulate Shawn is mind-boggling, but it is what they do.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
How are the ratings this season? This seems like it should be ratings gold to me.

I agree Cinnamon, I don't find her tears fake either.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree Lexie and Cinnamon and that is what I've been saying all along. It's like the producers gave up on this season from any remotely serious standpoint and are just messing with them (and us) at this point.

Good point about the Fantasy Suites being private so at least there is some air of discretion. Though I think Lexie has claimed that "everyone" knows they have sex. Not sure how though?

Peeper

06-14-2004

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peeper a private message Print Post    
Talking about Kaitlyn's tears, the show where Kaitlyn was out on the balcony the morning after the deed: At first she seemed happy with no regrets, then she seemed to get scared and regretful. I believe there was a producer? or one of TPTB on the balcony with her telling her she may have ruined the show and all the men might leave if they find out. I think her tears and cries of mistake are because she thinks she might be in trouble for messing up the show and not because she regretted sleeping with Nick

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Not everyone has sex. And not everyone talks about it.

What I've seen is that Bob slept with the most women (more than 3), and that Sean and the blonde with the daughter (her name escapes me) slept with no one.

Other than that, we only know for sure on the few that have come forward, like Nick.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think Ashley slept with anyone, not even JP (or whatever initials he was) until they got married? But that is a rare case.

I don't care what they do but it IS more than I want to hear through a door and frankly, shame on the producers/camera people for that but since I'm sure the rules were laid out they didn't think the cameraguy was going to just discreetly go away.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://www.pinteresttoldmeto.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-bachelorette-episode-8-recap-secret.html

SO funny!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was funny. This show is a treadmill to (not a good place).

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It was Sean and Catherine that waited until marriage. Never got that impression from Ashley and JP.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oops, Sean and Catherine.. someone probably didn't sleep with anyone in that case, let alone three.