TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 01, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Kaitlyn - General Discussion (NO Spoilers): Archive through July 01, 2015 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, is that for sure or are you just speuculating? I was thinking Ben Z. might make a good Bach or one of the other guys. Not sure I want to see Josh again.

Yes!!! I did worry about Cupcake falling off the cliff! Actually I was a little nervous about both of them falling off the cliff. I'm from California, and we're taught not to get too close to the edge cause it can crumble. I'm terrified to get too close to the edge! When we were in Hawaii, our tour guide drove our van out onto a cliff and I was double terrified: edge of cliff plus being trapped inside a car that could go over the cliff. Aaaaaaaack!!!

I also am wondering if Kaitlyn is mature enough for this process. I don't think I am either. Every time the guys are drooling over her and telling her how wonderful she is, all I can hear in my head is "Damaged Goods!" I couldn't help but wonder if production changed the order of the show to postpone the hometown visits so that they could reduce the number of families who are embarrassed by this show.

I cannot wait till next week to see what happens when she comes clean about doing the Deed with Nick.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
TPTB have been courting Josh M. as the next Bachelor for the last several months (it was no accident you saw him sitting in the audience on Dancing with the Stars). As long as he isn't involved with someone when they start shooting in October, he will get the gig. Josh really is the whole package - he is good looking and very successful. He was also very well-liked on Andi's season (he was probably liked more than Andi was on her season).

Sorry Brenda - Nick is hated by way too many fans (as well as production) to ever be the Bachelor (and that goes back to Andi's season). Production wouldn't even pay Nick's way to appear on the show. When he said he wanted to meet Kaitlyn, they told him he would have to pay for his own travel to meet Kaitlyn.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wow, Nick paid his own way and people still don't like Nick! I do. Unless something goes terribly wrong in the next few weeks I'll remain a Nick fan.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Brenda, did you watch Nick on Andi's season? He was so smarmy and full of himself and just loved to provoke the other guys. And then he threw her under the bus at the ATFR about having sex with him in the Fantasy Suite. Just uncalled for.

I'm in the middle of reading Kristen Baldwin's recap on the Yahoo! web site. She refers to Nick as "Smarmy McBrillohead." Hahahahahaha!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/bachelorette-recap-dublin-ep-7-122703247310.html

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, and when Joe and JJ were on the two-on-one date, and JJ was toasting them, saying, "I'm really falling for you!" I thought maybe he was talking to both Kaitlyn and Joe, cause all three of them clinked glasses right afterwards. I thought I was watching The Bachelorette Polygamy Season for a minute there. Awkward!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I still think it's a double-standard. If a woman tearfully accused the Bachelor of telling her that he loved her, having sex with her and then dumping her, I bet very few people would feel sorry for the Bachelor and describe that as her throwing him under the bus.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm on the Nick train too and I too have had questionable taste in men in the past. I did not see The Bachelorette with Andi so maybe I'd change my mind if I had.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I just thought it was very unclassy of him to throw that at her. He didn't seem to do it out of hurt or tearfully. He was angry and wanted to hurt her. It was ugly.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I like him too. He seems charming and fun and doesn't seem like a bad guy to me. I don't like that he talked on the show about sleeping with Andi, but I'm sure it was hard on him emotionally to have his heart broken when he didn't expect it. I also lost some respect for him sleeping with Kaitlyn, but I don't think he is a bad person. And as far as making the show more entertaining to watch, he did that for me.

Cupcake giving us all a heart attack!! Back away from the edge!

I actually like Kaitlyn and am enjoying this season. Yes, I think she is being selfish and hurtful especially by telling Shawn he is the one and by sleeping with Nick, but I like her in spite of those two things.

Britt would have annoyed me. Just seeing her face on the last show annoyed me. And she also seems like a very nice person.

I am enjoying this season. To me, Kaitlyn and this season seem less fake than usual.

I thought it was funny when doom and gloom music was playing while Chris H walked up the stairs to Kaitlyn's room. I like the shake up with fantasy suites for 3 coming before hometown dates. I think it's better for Kaitlyn and the guys that she is going to be forced to narrow the field so quickly. I think this process is too hard on her emotionally. I think she really loathes delivering bad news/making someone unhappy.

I also think of Ben as Peter Brady.

I hope Josh is not the next bachelor. He's ok, but for me, he is not as appealing/entertaining as other guys. However, I felt Jake was really boring during Jillian's season, but good as the bachelor. Until after the rose show.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Nick was angry because he was hurt. They may like Josh but I find him boring and boring isn't good TV.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
E! has a poll where you can vote for who you'd like to see be the next Bachelor. So far Ben Z. is in the lead. Go here to read the article and vote for your favorite:

http://www.eonline.com/news/671891/who-will-be-the-next-bachelor-our-predictions-might-surprise-you

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm glad to see the Nick love! I did watch Andi's season and I wanted her to pick Nick!
I could feel his pain on the after the rose show. I didn't see anger. I saw deep pain. I think he's a sensitive guy. But I've fallen for tools before, so there's that. LOL.

Josh is boring. Like a Ken doll. Too good looking, too polished. Boring.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Good description.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'll agree with you on Josh, Brenda, but I'm not buying Nick. He just makes my skin crawl.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
lexie, how do you have such great inside info????

Nick commented to her that last season he was full of himself and cocky, so maybe he learned something.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Brenda I agree 100%. To me, Nick was totally hurt about Andi. If I remember correctly she just did an about face with him and never gave him the closure he needed. I felt it was her that handled that whole situation wrong. I didn't have any problem with him calling her out about the fantasy suite. I thought she deserved it for not talking to him beforehand in private about why she didn't pick him.

Josh is okay, but I just dont think he has it all going on upstairs to carry the show... Kinda like Kaitlyn.. I really like her but I think shes in over her head. Making bad moves and trying to backtrack.

I feel bad for Shawn. Hes having such a hard time after she tells him hes the one....and the editors are making him to be a stalkerish nutcase..

Next week should be very interesting. The producers must be loving this trainwreck

I'm all for Ben Z being bachelor. He was a fav from the start. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yay! Love hearing people stick up for Nick. I feel the same way. Andi didn't handle it well.

I think I'd prefer Ben H, but Ben Z would be better than Josh.

I watched the Family Feud Celebrity addition. Jason and Molly were on also Sean and Catherine. It's nice to see real couples that have come about from this show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 2:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I saw it too Brenda. It took a few seconds to recognize kaitlyn because her hair was so dark.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 3:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, the reason production doesn't like Nick (besides the fact that he is smarmy and creepy) is when he was eliminated at the F2 on Andi's season, when he was on the plane flying home he was on his phone bitching up a storm about Andi picking Josh. Someone sitting behind Nick, who watches the Bachelor/ette, realized what was going on and recorded the conversation and sent it to Reality Steve. RS knew who Andi picked before Nick's plane landed and he posted the video when he started releasing his spoilers. Andi was also well liked by production, and they didn't like the way he threw her under the bus on ATFR. When he approached them about meeting Kaitlyn, as much as production loves a good train wreck, they told Nick if he wanted to come on the show, he would have to pay his own way.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Production should learn how to stop holding a grudge. I think Nick has really helped make this season the wonderful train wreck it is!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The fact he was on the phone "bitching up a storm" shows that he was hurt and angry. I still can't get over the throwing under the bus reference.

Production should get over it. Like him or not, smarmy or not, this season would be very dull without Nick. They've practically featured the guy they didn't want on the show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
You are right that it would be dull without Nick, but he will never be the Bachelor.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
Maybe it is because I didn't care for Andi but I agree Nick was hurt by her. I didn't really like Nick on Andi's season because he did seem to not be very friendly with the other guys but this season he definitely seems to be making an effort and seems very nice.

If Kaitlyn didn't want the other guys to know she slept with Nick she shouldn't have slept with Nick.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, considering how hostile all the guys were toward him, it seems he is making an effort.

I think Nick revealing Andi's betrayal on TV made for good television. If the producers really don't like it maybe they need to be producing another show! I suspect some of them saw it as TV gold. It's still talked about.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The reason Andi couldn't have talked to Nick in private and explained to him why she picked Josh is in her contract. She's not allowed to have any of those conversations until they can film it on television. I'm surprised ABC didn't fine Nick for letting their secret out of the bag. That's in the contract, too, and there are hefty fines for violating the non-disclosure agreement.