TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 23, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Kaitlyn - General Discussion (NO Spoilers): Archive through June 23, 2015 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sure it's probably pretty routine. It's like those pro athlete interviews where they spout all the cliches. The whole so and so set up a date and everything like that is prompted of course because it's just part of setting up the show.

However, I don't think they are completely scripted because I wouldn't think that people would willing agree to looking stupid or worse. It's not like they script someone to get drunk, etc.

For example, is Ian following a script?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, they sign a contract that the show can portray them however production wants to portray that person. I did not read Courtney's book, but I heard it was absolutely fascinating about the depth of production-interference in this show. But it hasn't been a secret that production tells them what to say in their confessionals. Seriously... when someone is out on their first date with someone and after only two hours they say they can see spending the rest of his/her life with that person - of course it is production telling them to say that. Production also encouraged Courtney to go skinny-dipping with Ben. Production arranged for Nick to show up this season, just like they have arranged for Chris B. to show up the last season. And one of the guys that got kicked off earlier this season has been calling out Chris Harrison about how staged everything is.

And I can't answer the Ian question because I didn't watch my recording of last week's episode.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh I agree that a lot of it is staged and most of the contestants cooperate and play along. I'm just not as convinced as you are that all of it is staged.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
For the most part, it is pretty much all staged. If you ever read RS's column on Thursdays, he will usually delve in depth regarding production's heavy hand and staging of the show.

Let me tell you how staged this show is. The episode from the first night where they had to decide between Kaitlyn and Britt. There was a guy who got super drunk that night (he was Nikki's ex-boyfriend - of Juan Pablo fame). Except for one thing... that "first night" was filmed over two nights. So the guys had to wear the exact same clothes as they did on the "first night" and Nikki's ex-boyfriend had to get drunk again because he was drunk the first night.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Is that from Reality Steve?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
yea Reality Steve. I thought that was interesting filmed over 2 nights so the guys had to wear the same clothes again... and get equally drunk again.

Also what you want to watch out for is you hear someone speaking... you never know when they said it... or in what context. But if you see them saying something, wearing the same clothes then there's a better chance that those words aren't edited together from other conversations. I'm very fascinated by the editing of this show.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Chris Harrison has said many times that the rose ceremony takes hours and hours, so it's really not a secret

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think this was there first such long rose ceremony..

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's pretty funny. But as I was saying they just go with the flow so to speak. It's not like they can force someone to behave or speak out of character if they don't want to. Nor can they force the Bachelor/ette to fall in love with or pick someone they don't want to pick. Believe it or not Americans still have rights and one of those rights is to behave the way you want to behave.

Perhaps they have a designated drunk?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Good god man....you are not ever going to be the bachelor

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Please God....don't ever let him be the bachelor

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I read Courtney's book. I don't recall it changing much my opinion about how staged or unstaged the show is.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh my. Ian is SO deep! He's so deep he's drowning in his own BS! LOL!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
This show made its final jump over the shark tonight. From groping, making out and swearing in Christ's Church to having sex with Nick to laying in a coffin. All of these guys should walk out and leave Kaitlyn with Nick. They are made for each other, both creepy and slimy.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I agree, Nick and Kaitlyn belong together.

Those other guys should run away.

Chy

07-19-2003

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
How creepy is the producer/editor/tptb though?
They trained the camera on that bedrm door and the captions kept saying : Kissing sound,... moaning,...sheets rustling,...

Chy

07-19-2003

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
K just exposed Britt (having sex w/Chris). News to me. But was that much later in the "journey"?

Chy

07-19-2003

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
Yikes! That's immature and selfish and bad timing.

She could be one of those girls who needs to get physical really soon to prove things to herself. That would be alright in her private life, but not there and then.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I didn't think she exposed Britt. I thought she was asking herself how she would have felt IF Chris and Britt did have sex.

I'll admit that I would fall for Nick. I would. I know it's baffling. And even though I knew he was bad news, I would find him hard to resist!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I rewound. She didn't expose Britt. She's lamenting about "has this ever happened before"... and then saying she doesn't want this to affect things. Then she says "I'm trying to think if Chris and Britt did have sex, what I would have done?" Then she says she doesn't feel guilt about the act, just guilt about caring for other relationships.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
OOOO...Nick reminds me of Bozo...no attraction at all..but she likes him.....and yes...all those guys need to run for their lives..... I cant believe I am watching this...so wierd....

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
All the other guys should run for their lives! I know it won't happen, but how fun would it be if they left together?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I just don't know how she expects them to stay when she can't even wait for the fantasy suite nights? The sanctioned snuggle time? LOL. I can't see how the guys could trust her now. It's an odd season but highly entertaining!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure how trust exactly comes into play when you're dating one woman with a bunch of guys.

What Kaitlyn did was no different than Andi sleeping with Nick and then sleeping with Josh the next day and then claiming that Josh is the love of her life. In fact, Andi may be worse but Nick took all the viewers' wrath over that one.

Wow does Ian ever have a big ego!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, the Fantasy Suite is kind of an agreed upon free pass. She didn't have a pass last night. :-)