TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 14, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Kaitlyn - General Discussion (NO Spoilers): Archive through June 14, 2015 users admin

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm jaded... I think most of the people cast on Bachelor/Bachelorette are there for the exposure/notoriety/the travel... and not to find love.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Cass_cat, I was jaded a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago when I found out how production interferes with everything (and it has gotten worse over the years)- including what they say in their confessionals.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh I agree that a lot of the show is fake. I'm just saying that it isn't 100% fake.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maybe I'm not watching for the right reasons, but I love this show for the fantasy dates (not that we've had many of those this season) and the beautiful locations. And the drama. I'm shallow like that. 😎

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's why we watch. We have no serious expectations about an ongoing relationship. If that happens (as it does very occasionally) then that's a bonus.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
That's one reason why I watch as well... the pretty gowns, the beautiful/exotic locations, and the fun dates.

This season has been a bummer on all accounts... the dates have been atrocious.

I also like to watch the train wrecks... so there's hope for this season after all.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Does anyone watch Bachelor in Paradise?

I liked Bachelor Pad and didn't watch Bachelor in Paradise last year... just wondering if it' worth watching.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I watched it, but I will watch anything.

It was kind of fun! Not as many sexy situations as in BP.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Bach in Paradise wasn't quite as much fun as BAch Pad because there's a push for romance and coupling, but it was entertaining. I'll be watching again.

Yes, this season's dates have been really disappointing. I hope they improve!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that the dates this season have been awful. Little of which is Kaitlyn's fault as the dates are planned by the producers. Few beautiful locations, etc. Where's the romance in boxing and sumo wrestling? Those producers must hate her.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
or that roller rink episode on the Bachelor.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They could have at least gone to Canada for the stupid dates.. something different

Rvon

12-11-2003

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I think the producers actually wanted Britt as the Bachelorette, but she was not that well liked by the girls in the house or the audience. There was always something about her that seemed insincere. I do think she would have been a much classier Bachelorette than Kaitlyn.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I watched Bachelor in Paradise last summer and thoroughly enjoyed it! They were in a beautiful location with gorgeous places for dates. And it was fun to watch all the hook up/break up drama. None of it can be taken seriously, but it was fun nevertheless.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch BIP last summer because the concept sounded terrible. A friend of mine watched it and said she was done by the second episode. She said it was almost too painful to watch. I wish they would bring back Bachelor Pad, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
It is being reported that Friday night, Kaitlyn posted a Snapchat of her in bed with one of the bachelors, essentially spoiling the season. The picture and identity of the guy is available but I don't want to spoil. Easily found if you want to see it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Chieko, I posted the link over in the spoiler section yesterday.

Lexie, I actually enjoyed BIP way more than Bachelor Pad. I hate the stupid competitions they have to do. BIP was like they were all on vacation in Mexico, but they have to have an alliance/romance in order to stay. Every week there's an extra guy or girl (they switched back and forth) who had to be voted out, so it was essential to have a partner if you wanted to stay. The location was gorgeous. I loved it!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm disappointed that people are saying this Bachelorette season is not very good. It's the first one I've watched since Tristas season. I am pretty underwhelmed.
Speaking of Trista, her and hubby have a renovation show on hgtv called Rocky Mountain Reno.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I've never watched BIP or BP.

Lakecat.. I'm confused.. are you disappointed in the season or disappointed that lots of us (not all) are saying it isn't the greatest season?

Not that any season is THAT good, but I guess some have given us more hope of a good outcome, even though in the end the outcomes almost always fizzle with the announcement that the couple is splitting up.

Ashley and JP has been a good outcome and I do hope they continue,together..

Jason and Molly.. well it was an icky start for sure but they seem to have done well.. but we didn't get a great season or season end before they got together.

Maybe the producers thing we will be all verklempt about Britt and the guy who was allowed to knock on her door.. I don't see it as so romantic because I kind of suspect that it could be a case of each of them wanting to "win" and "beat" the others, rub noses in their "success".. and they get to gloat and not have to go through a season of ridiculous "dates" and challenges.

And maybe I'm wrong. Maybe she isn't trying to show how much better she'd have been as the Bachelorette (which we really won't ever know).

As for spoilers, yes, spoilers in the spoiler thread. And remember, something posted and unposted could be meaningful or could just be a tease.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh and I have no idea if it is a tease or what..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Has this current Bachette season wrapped yet? I don't want to look at spoilers, just wondering if the photo Kaitlyn posted is of a date or if they are done dating and she is actually still "with" someone. I figured whatever romance she found would be over before the ink on the film was dry (and yes, I know it's all digital now, but you know what I mean LOL).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think it has wrapped.

Schaefer who blogs Pinterest Made Me Do It (I think).. anyway she blogs about clothing from Nordstrom but she also is really into Bachelor/Bachelorette and she is pretty witty in her posts.. and she is currently over the moon because she was given two tickets to The Men Tell All show which hasn't happened yet (at first she thought it was After the Final Rose but it isn't)

No idea of origin of the photo..

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
pinterestoldmeto i love her bachelor/bachelorette recaps!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I sub to her blog, just for the bach recaps..

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i actually read her blog. she tickles me. LOL