TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 09, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Kaitlyn - General Discussion (NO Spoilers): Archive through June 09, 2015 users admin

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
I kinda sorta get Chris Harrison's point in this interview about pushing people out of their comfort zones. http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-bachelorette-chris-harrison-clint-jj/ But I still think the sumo wrestling was ill-advised and not at all fun to watch or useful.

I'm waiting a bit longer to see how Kaitlyn adjusts to this role. It seems like she's out of her comfort zone like Chris was last season, but he improved as the weeks went by.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
was it Ben Z that said he hasn't cried in 11 years?

um

Isn't that a plot line in a movie? I mean seriously! (I'm thinking the movie The Holiday with Cameron Diaz character says she hasn't cried since her parents died. She falls in love with Kate Winslet's brother Graham, but its time to go back to California, she's in the car, and starts crying, yells stop and runs back to Graham because she cried) If Ben Z cries, they so got the storyline from the movie!! lol

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Reader, that's kind of a common reaction. My brother never cried when our older sister died, when our grandmother died or when our dad died. But when Roy Rogers died, all that pent up emotion came out. That happens to people all the time. They just pent up their emotions until something finally breaks the dam.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I remember in an old Big Brother thread that one poster said that he had not cried since he was three years old.

His father told him men don't cry and he never did.

A lot of us were upset that his father said that and we told the poster that was bad advice.

But he said no. His father was dying and he, at the age of three, was going to an orphanage. Boys that cried in the orphanage would be punished. (This was probably in the late 40's or early 50's). I guess it was good advice for him.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
well, just put it down to me not believing this particular set of storylines...

I get it, because I know my dad never cried. He was a man's man, he had his mom come live with us when she had cancer, and died while we were all around her... Then some silly show many years later, and I saw him cry - it surprised, shocked me

I guess I was speaking more to the contrived (imho) situation - or I wasn't buying what he was selling! -

(and btw I have to tell you now my used -to -be- very -male -chauvinist father has an African Grey Bird - that he cleans up after, you could've knocked me over with a feather when I saw him using a vacuum, then he used a spray bottle and a roll of paper towels! )

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
That was such a weird episode.

( I think her bird tattoos are swallows)

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
I also am not loving this season of Bachelor. Yet, I continue to watch this tasteless season. Tony was right, he seemed sincere in wanting to know the Bachelorette, yet, the guys are all acting like frat boys, so stupid to have them wearing diapers and boxing, then wrestling, then stupid sex ed in front of kids. What happened to romance? None of these guys and Kaitlyn appear to want a real long relationship, just appear to be in it for fun and tv time. Just my opinion.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Oh, I agree Nessie.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I agree her tattoos look like swallows... I was surprised she said they were doves... but then to someone who is afraid of birds she probably thinks they all look alike.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm actually enjoying this season. It's so bad it's good. I can't wait for Mondays!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I find it all very contrived. Seems so unnatural and fake. Did not like the activities in this past episode....yuck to the wrestlers and yuck to the "sex" education. Poor taste; not fun to watch.

No one seems "in it to win it".

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
To me they do seem "in it to WIN it", but I'm not seeing genuine romance at this point. The corny dates don't help for sure.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I agree with Jasper and Cass_cat. The tattoos are swallows with their split tails. And the swallows of San Juan Capistrano are famous for returning but I don't know how Kaitlyn could get her story mixed up and call them doves.

Chy

07-19-2003

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
Ha! So all that Brokeback was setting JJ up to tell the sleazy side of JJ!

Again I started late, just got into the 2nd seg. I am like the rest of Bachs just hoping that Kait will sent JJ on the same plane w/ Clint. But..... She just said no Rose tonight ... Chris said trip around the world, 1st stop NYC.

Chy

07-19-2003

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
BTB, I do believe hearing Kait say those tats were swallows as well.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched much of this season, but I am watching tonight and I am not "feeling" Kaitlyn. I don 't know why.

Chy

07-19-2003

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
Rap battle for group date w/Doug E. Fresh.... Date card said keep the love fresh???
I dont really care for whatever Kait thinks she has about Rap music....

At the end of the Rose Ceremony that didn't happen, Clint was mad that JJ didn't back him up --- but was the one to demand apologizes from Clint for wasting every body's time! Kait seemed to have bought that act.
Then we had a few seconds of JJ crying his eyes out, followed by JJ saying, I'm here to look for a girl friend, not a boy friend. Tell me that wasn't promt by producers??

Chy

07-19-2003

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
Nick is wooing her just the right time.

Ashly(w/ the Kardashion make up) brought Nick?
*Proud that I dont know how to spell that name, hehe!

Chy

07-19-2003

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
Those guys should be upset. The ones who voted for Meg ought to just quit this "journey" down the rabbit hole.

Chy

07-19-2003

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
Meg????I meant Brit.

Even crazy Ashley(the person Kait choose to discuss this Nick or not matter???) didn't seem to agree w/ having Nick jump in now. But we know he's coming, especially since they already locked lips in the first few minutes they met. --- According to Kait, they talked, texted, but never met until that Rap battle.

Okay, like the guys, I'm sick about talking about this guy now.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
This show has lost all my interest. I feel like it's jumped the shark; they are trying too hard to shake things up and make it about how to "entertain" us with what they think we want. I am not that interested in Kaitlyn and don't like all the stupid activities and the guys.

I may read posts here but won't watch anymore.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Is it just me or does Ben H. remind anyone else of Peter Brady???

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Me, Me! I was thinking Peter Brady for sure, But a really, super cute Peter Brady! :-)

I think the editing of tonight's show could have been tighter. I understand how Nick and The Bachette would want to get to know each other a bit if they'd already flirted online. He must ooze a bit of charisma. Andi liked him too. I'm glad she's keeping him. Should make it interesting, at least for one more week for us.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 3:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
pinteresttoldmeto does the funniest recaps and she has been calling him Peter Brady since the beginning.

i am done with this show.

Peeper

06-14-2004

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peeper a private message Print Post    
Poor producers. Kaitlyn does not seem at all interested in any of the other guys but seems super infatuated with Nick.

It is so obvious that she is obsessed with Nick and could care less about the other guys. The guys weren't the only ones let down when the producers allowed Nick to join the show. As a viewer I feel like the rest of the season is a complete farce. It is hard to watch any season of the bachelor/bachelorette and believe that a man/woman can meet and fall in love with someone in such a short time while dating multiple people, but to allow the bachelorette to bring in a guy she is obviously infatuated with and then expect that us viewers believe she is actually trying to connect with the other guys...SMH.