TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 01, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Kaitlyn - General Discussion (NO Spoilers): Archive through June 01, 2015 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep, feels like we're cheated when we don't get a rose ceremony! The investment banker from CO is giving off huge creepy vibes.

Her exchange with Kupah was strange. I can see her wanting to send him home after that, bit it was almost like she was mad he was talking with the other guys about her. Does she think the guys aren't going to talk about her??

I didn't mind seeing Britt at all. I hope we see more of her!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I have watched this show since the getgo and this season is a no-go for me. Watched the first episode and it is such a train wreck that it isn't worth my time or energy. To all who watch it....enjoy!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Same here, Jag2000. I watched last season and did not care for Britt's manipulative ways--or her TEARS she used to get her way. She is very pretty, she sounds so articulate, but underneathe it all I think there is a very insincere person.

But then I also have to admit that I did not care for Kaitlyn either. She seemed very immature to me and I didn't really think she was looking for a long-term relationship.

I was not happy with TPTB's choices this year, so I'm taking this season off from watching. <77>

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I rarely watch this anymore but happened to watch the first hour last nights show... First, what the heck was with that fighting in the ring comp....That was horrid. Someone could have really gotten hurt and just really a horrible thing to watch. What if you don't like to fight?...why force fighting....ick..
Also, the girl, Kaitlyn... I swear she looked like an 8th grader during that fight comp.. I felt like they were all fighting for a date with a junior high student... So weird. Then I fell asleep so missed whatever happened after....

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I really didn't pay much attention during the fighting. I don't enjoy that. I wonder if she has much say about dates like that? I would have been so turned off. I would not have approved at all or wanted the guys fighting each other. Working out with Ali's daughter was cool, but pummeling each other upside the head is not.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I planned to watch this season, but fell behind with too many shows to catch up on last week and never made it to this one on the DVR. Tried to watch last night, but became rapidly disinterested and shut it off less than halfway through. I may just pass on this season as well. Have enough to keep me busy until BB starts up.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
With respect to the fighting, while I didn't enjoy it and thought it was a bad idea, I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised by it? Didn't they already do this boxing thing on a previous Bachelorette season?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, in the first boxing event somebody was hospitalized too.

I think it is a dumb idea.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, the Bachelorette series has been using really stupid "contests" for any number of seasons and I really hate them.

But the Bachelor tends to use "contests" that make the girls look stupid and usually involve scanty outfits to make them look cheap as well.

I don't really blame the actual Bach or Bachelorette for those, but production. Sure, they could maybe say no way, but it seems to be part of the show, now. And making people "perform" on stage, too.. rap, sing, standup, etc. Like an audition, I guess.

I FF through a bunch of that.

And I hate to say it but I was just irritated that this show was two hours long, so maybe it is losing its hold on me.

However, someone who hasn't watched for a few seasons may be coming to this imposed violence thing as an unpleasant surprise. I can see that.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, they do a lot of stupid dates, some that are bordering on dangerous and others on offensive. I have to wonder how much say so the Bachelor(ette) has in saying "no, I don't want to do that", or are they required to just play along?

I think this season is going to be fun. Looks like a total train wreck! :-) I was not a huge Kaitlyn fan at the start and so far, my opinion is not improving.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Agreed that this season is going to be a total disaster. From what I've seen of Kaitlyn... I have to assume ALL the women that were on last season must have been horrible for ABC to pick Kaitlyn. Was she this unlikable last season??

FYI... There is a new scripted show starting June 1 on Lifetime called UnREAL. It is a fictitious look of what goes on behind-the-scenes of a reality dating show.

You can go to realitysteve.com and watch the first 9 minutes. The producers of UnREAL have worked with realitySteve to help increase the publicity of the show and they have given him several episodes to view.

Don't worry, I just checked his website and there is nothing spoilerish on the first page.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
So sorry if I put something here that was spoiling. I didn't think it was a spoiler, but I apologize if it was against the rules. Can I put this spoiler on the other thread?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Absolutely, Rvon. :-)

Spoton

09-16-2005

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I am liking this season so far. Kaitlyn is funny and certainly not shy about getting to know the guys. Oddly, they all seemed to really be into the boxing. The other group did pretty good at their attempts at stand-up.

I laughed at the end when she went flying out the door to perhaps rescue the production person from Kupah. She's feisty!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Kaitlyn seems less concerned about being glam all the time than some bachelorettes have been.

I wonder why she likes black dresses so much.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
To me, there is much about Kaitlyn that is uniquely Canadian. Little mannerisms, quirks and her sense of humour. I do like her and was a little saddened at the previews of the season to see what she does and what some of the men said in response.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was hoping they would feature Canada more this season..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I really wish they hadn't shown us the scenes from what happens later in the season. It really spoiled my opinion of Kaitlyn. Now I'm seeing her as a little rough around the edges & am more critical of everything she does. I really wish they'd just let everything unfold naturally, rather than show us everything ahead of time. I feel like TPTB spoiled their own show.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Me, too, Babyjax. So I tell myself that the previews are misdirections by the show and it will turn out to be totally different from the picture they have presented.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree that they see too eager to spoil ahead and I don't see the value of that.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I hope you're right, Spoton. I really hate that they "-shamed" her from the outset. I think they may have turned a lot of people off.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
New show starts tonight on Lifetime, UnREAL. It's a scripted show about a dating show... Here is an exert from an article about it on Reality Steve's website... I don't think the Bachelor producers care at all who they embarrass or shame...

The cat fighting, the drama, and the manipulation all play a big part in the show, but when you dive deeper into it, there are definitely some more emotional and deep-seated issues within the context of these shows. You’ll see one in future episodes with Rachel and also one of the contestants on the show. Is it healthy? Is it exploitation? Or is it all about ratings and producers don’t care who they embarrass or who they shame to get their end result? You’ll find yourself asking yourselves the same questions as the season rolls along. Can you still attain good TV by not going to these lengths, or, is their behavior justified? UnREAL will take you on that ride every Monday.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I watch a few shows each season but read the board here thoroughly ;). My take on this season is that nobody is in it for a marriage. These are the worst lot of guys in a very long time.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I started a thread for Unreal in the TV Shows area since it is scripted..

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Sumo wrestlers...good grief