TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 19, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Chris - General Discussion (NO Spoilers): Archive through February 19, 2015 users admin

Codebear

07-02-2011

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Codebear a private message Print Post    
Article about Arlington on TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/17/the-bachelor-hometown-chris-soules-iowa-arlington-video

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, for those of us horrified at small town life, whether or not the _one_ business was open or not makes little difference. No market, no store, no theater, no bank, no restaurant. Only a church!

The US Bachelors have certainly avoided proposals. I don't think Juan PAblo proposed either did he? I'm sure it's strongly, strongly encouraged.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
oh heck, I lived in a town like that in Colorado for awhile. It was actually quite lovely, people were close and friendly and you knew your neighbors.

There was no grocery store, one small cafe, and three bars... LOL.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
DD and I were watching TMZ dd was defending the women as I grew up in a rural area of Indiana - but it sure isn't that way now - and I was laughing when I remembered trying to get to college - Ball State University - it literally was in the middle of a cornfield! and there were no stores, walmarts, or Targets back in the 80's... Now of course its a happening town - BUT to get there? You still drive through cornfields of nothing but corn! So DD point was they may have known he was a farmer, but didn't know what Arlington was, that looked like a ghost town... and that had to be a shock... or I forget her defense, it was quite passionate! lol

Its TV, they need drama!

Kouts IN has to be similar in feel to Arlington, its all cornfields, no town - and like spoton was saying, the HighSchools have consolidated, so like the Bachelor showed, its a high school! But to get to shopping, it takes maybe 20 minutes...

Also, has anyone watched Pioneer Woman on Food Network? She talks about how she was a city girl, but now is wife of a rancher... and when Bobby Flay and FN came out to film the Turkey Throwdown, I think it takes 20 min just to reach their home from the main road - now THAT's the middle of no where!! She talks about utilizing her freezer, and monthly shopping, you can't run to town for milk as town takes 45 min to get to - and she homeschool her children...

and also, did anyone else predict that the last rose was going to come down to the Playboy Bunny and the Virgin? dh lost it lol!

Codebear

07-02-2011

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Codebear a private message Print Post    
The city clerk complained the show wasn't fair to the city. Chris was the one to point out that most of the businesses were closed and their wasn't any job opportunities.
When the girls made their trip to Arlington, they ran into the church's pastor and ask him where they could eat. He said there wasn't any place. He told them people went to Waterloo or Cedar Rapids.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not being mean but what on earth does the city clerk do there anyway. Do they have a Mayor as well?

Codebear

07-02-2011

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Codebear a private message Print Post    
After a little research, I find that Arlington does have a mayor, Donald Handel, 5 council members and a city clerk. There is a spread sheet listing 17 businesses, 3 churches and a library. There is a carry out and a quick stop.

http://www.arlingtonia.com/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=xsYxUnRJuWM&list=PL8505FF4ACFBD717A

These people are as hooked as we are.. or more...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wonder how up to date that Arlington site I s.. went to calendar and clicked on see all items, and only one item come up, in 2009..

But the community center is due for completion later this year.

Codebear

07-02-2011

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Codebear a private message Print Post    
There was a water quality report that was dated March, 2014 on the web site.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My hubby found this article online about the brouhaha over Jade's "nekkid pitchers." Really an interesting read about double standards and how hypocritical this show is about sexy vs. actual sex. Very thought provoking.

link

Codebear

07-02-2011

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Codebear a private message Print Post    
I just found out that Carly's brother was on Desiree's season. His name is Zak.

<imaged removed, no link>

carly

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/
HT_bach_show2_ml_150209_16x9_992.jpg

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Codebear, we need a link for the pictures...

Codebear

07-02-2011

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Codebear a private message Print Post    
Photos of Zak, Carly and Desiree are from Google Images.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Codebear, that is not sufficient. We need a link to the actual sites that host the images, not an image aggregator.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Here's a link for the second photo:
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/
HT_bach_show2_ml_150209_
16x9_992.jpg

Codebear

07-02-2011

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Codebear a private message Print Post    
Remove the images if they are threatening.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's not a matter of threatening. It is a matter of copyright law. :-)

Codebear

07-02-2011

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Codebear a private message Print Post    
The first image is a screen capture from a recording of the Bachelorette from my TV. I record all of the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows.
The second image is from Zak Wadell's Instagram,
http://instagram.com/realzakwaddell/

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Good looking family

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Codebear, I'm sorry, but I had already deleted the first image when I saw your 10:38 am post. It seemed like you weren't going to provide the info we needed to avoid possible copyright infringements.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't mind seeing Carly as the next Bachelorette. She is fun.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I second Carly.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like Carly a lot and I think she'd be great but from what I've heard they don't seem to be considering her.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm do you have an inside man Jimmer? :-)