TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 17, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Chris - General Discussion (NO Spoilers): Archive through February 17, 2015 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I avoid spoilers and was upset when I was googling for Jade's photos and read a blurb that she was the finalist, so imagine my surprise when she left tonight! Yay, I prefer it so much better when I don't know a thing. I really have no clue who he will pick. I think the fertility nurse is ready to give her career up for him and I'm not sure that's the best thing for her. I'm not sure Kaitlyn is small town material. Becca may be the best match.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Spoton... so there is shopping 10-20 minutes away. I could totally live like that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Brenda, they recapped Megan leaving and then again rehashed the Britt saying how much she loved Arlington (after telling the other girls how she could never live there, but she did stress that she changed her perspective.

Also showed what a brat she was when Kaitlyn got the rose on the group date instead of Britt.

She talked to him about that and he ratted out Carly for ratting her out about saying she couldn't live in Arlington.

Lots of angst and she planned to talk to him at the cocktail party so of course he cancelled the cocktail party.

So she interrupted the rose ceremony to talk to him and he sent her home. She sobbed loudly outside for awhile.

Meanwhile the others were afraid she would return and Carly was especially strident about it.

But in the end Britt did not retun and he sent Carly home. She cried a lot.

Then he started the home visits, with Shreveport and Becca, who still hasn't told him she is a virgin.. and her family seemed to be signaling to Chris that something was up, she had never been interested or involved, even to the extent that it was the first time she had been seen by them holding hands with a guy...

And that has to cover what you missed, hopefully.

Each home visit was awkward in some way.

Whitney and the make a baby thing but at least she didn't make him produce sperm.. and her sister not wanting to give her blessing until more women were gone wasn't all bad.

Kaitlyn is really adorable. The rap thing served him right for dates he put them through.

And Jade's family of course was hinting that she was wilder than he thought and then she did tell him about the nude playboy pics and then showed them all to him.

He said it didn't change things but then he sent her home. And I do think it would be difficult in his milieu to bring her there with that out there..

I still think it is highly unfair that Whitney still hasn't seen that desolate town, even with the downer of a minister of the church, saying that what people do there is leave.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I didn't think Whitney's practical joke about wanting a sperm sample was funny.

You could tell Chris was really uncomfortable with it.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Isn't it a little weird for Becca's family to discuss her being a virgin? At age 25, not sure why that would be a subject for family discussion. I thought her sister was totally out of line for saying she wasn't affectionate or intimate.

Arlington is certainly bleak as I'm sure many many farm towns are. That would be a sticker shock for any of these girls. I guess one could still have a career working from home, or maybe a 2-3 day/week travel to Chicago until they have children, or hopefully one of the neighboring towns would have a doctor's office.

I'm glad Britt and her crying is gone.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for clarifying that, Spoton. I was thinking there had to be some livelier towns nearby. Plus that's a very valid point about lack of traffic and easy driving. It's not all about distance.

I wasn't at all sorry to see Britt go. I'm sorry Carly got so snarky at the end (and I'm sure that turned some people off) but I still love her personality and humor.

There's certainly nothing wrong with being a virgin but I don't think it should be a center point of your life. Neither should posing nude but I guess that's how it is. Nudity doesn't fly well in rural America.

I still think it's going to be a struggle for any of these women. Plus we're seeing it when the weather was nice and not in winter. For example, Whitney loves her career and I can see why. She has such a vibrant enthusiasm for life.

Sadly, I think Jade was his first choice (or close second to Whitney) before the nude reveal. She was the one that he took to see his farm and meet his parents. He seemed to really get to like Whitney on that one on one date where she met his friends and she told him about her Mom. We'll see what happens.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
He told jade it had nothing to do with her photos. He kept saying she was shy and that their time together didn't progress as much as everyone else's. I think he liked Britt best until he figured it all out. I think he will pick Becca but I'd find it to be a red flag to be 26 yrs old and never brought a boyfriend home or have her family say she's not affectionate. Also to have been in a relationship for 4 yrs and not had sex. I dunno.

Codebear

07-02-2011

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Codebear a private message Print Post    
Jade Roper on Good Morning America
(Video is age restricted. Will need to turn Age Gate Off.)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hf5xj

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're probably right about him liking Britt best at first. I never found Britt attractive (and she seemed so totally wrong for him) so maybe that's why I discounted his feelings for her but he clearly was interested in her.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Codebear. That was a nice interview (I don't know what Age Gate is but I didn't need to do anything but watch it).

I still think that Jade was so right for him because of her background (uh ... aside from her Playboy venture). She seems sweet. It's too bad.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Hey people!... I just want to say.. that Phoenix AZ is NOT all back alley's.. graffiti .. and billboards... I've lived in Tucson for over 20 years now.. and Phoenix is so much more.. (Hey they just played the Superbowl there....LOL!) .. I just found it weird that Kaitlyn showed what she did...

Codebear

07-02-2011

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Codebear a private message Print Post    
Jimmer...Age Gate is a blocking tool on Dailymotion. It blocks age restricted videos unless it is turned off. When I first uploaded the video, it was age restricted and then age restriction was removed. Some videos are age restricted when there isn't any offenses.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Needmylifeback, Kaitlyn took him to that back alley as "payback" for taking her to Costco on their one-on-one. I thought it was kind of funny. Phoenix is a big city. I'm sure everyone knows there's more to it than that.

I heard early on (maybe even before the season started) that there would be a virgin in the Fantasy Suites, so I knew he had to pick Becca. She seems to be the best fit for him, too. He seems to have pretty small town values, and she does too.

I see nothing wrong with her being a virgin at 26. That is her choice, and I respect her for saving herself (as old fashioned as that term is) for a man she loves. I wish I'd done a little more of that in my younger days. Would've saved me a lot of heartache.

It is a little weird that her family talks about it. It's none of their business and they shouldn't be talking about her that way. Ick.

Still not a big Kaitlyn fan, but Whitney's baby voice would put me over the edge in about 5 minutes. Plus that whole "let's make a baby" thing was just obnoxious. I can't see her leaving her career in Chicago. They showed her in the previews saying she'd worked so hard to get where she is today. I can't see her giving it up.

So I'm predicting Becca and Kaitlyn for final two. (I picked Kelsey and Britt the first night, so we all know what a good predictor I am!)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had heard the same about the fantasy suite, maybe on kimmel? I don't read spoilers. And I agree it's really odd that Becca's family knows so much about her intimate life and feels free to talk about it. I suppose Whitney could work in cedar rapids, but I bet there's nothing that high tech there. Probably just routine obgyn stuff. And who wants to make that drive in the dead of winter?

I'm not feeling like this season is going to end in a marriage. Call me cynical.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Based on Chris's reaction, I think that Jada was probably the one that he really wanted in the end. Even though he said that her playboy pictorial didn't matter, I think it did when he thought about living in a small town.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping he picks Becca cuz I think she is best suited for him. I think she could do the farm life easy. ANd they just look so cute together. seriously!

Whitney, although I like her, is saying and doing all the right things to win him over but her career is just screaming otherwise. I just can't see her on the farm. Maybe I'm wrong..or they'll work out a 3 day shift in Chicago and 4 days on farm routine..who knows.. you can always make things work if you want it bad enough..

I really like Kaitlyn too. They both seem to have a lot of fun together. Not sure if I can see her on the farm. I could at first, but now, I'm just not sure.

Codebear

07-02-2011

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Codebear a private message Print Post    
Conversations about Becca being a virgin is probably not brought up with family. This is promoted by the Bachelor production. They have a profile on each girl and promote discussions for a story line for each girl.
Maksim Chmerkovskiy was the first Bachelor in the Ukraine show. After his show was over, production changed some of the rules for their bachelor. I have a feeling the US Bachelor has similar guidelines.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Take On "The Bachelor"
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2f5yc2

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
What I thought odd about the way Becca's family discussed her, is that she came across as not interested in dating, and not very affectionate.

I think Chris saw it as well, and will use that to cut her from his consideration.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Well, that was interesting. I'm guessing the same rules apply here in USA. The Bachelor MUST propose and he MUST kiss the girls (I think Maks said six girls). Interesting.....I know it is staged and scripted to the hilt, but never realized they HAD to propose.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
What do you think of Britt as the next Bachelorette?
Harrison: We definitely want to wait until "Women Tell All" and the finale [to make a decision], but Britt would give us a good Bachelorette. She's beautiful, she's articulate; it would be very emotional and the guys would be very happy. She's definitely a candidate for sure.

Becca had the first hometown date and her family immediately brought up her lack of experience. Do you see her and Chris working?
Harrison: She's sweet, she's kind, she's easy to be around, so it's the kind of girl Chris really likes. She's a little bit like Whitney in that way. He likes the small town, simple, easy to get along with girls. If you notice, all the crazy drama and the over-the-top girls are gone. But Becca also comes off very young. She talks about never being in love before. Her family, I don't know if they meant to bury her, but saying you've never seen her with a man, she's never held hands before, she's not intimate, those have got to be red flags for Chris. He's a [33]-year-old man. The virgin thing aside, being with someone who hasn't been loved before and doesn't know what they're looking for is a scary proposition for someone who's going to find someone and take them back to Iowa. It's difficult and a tall order for her.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-bachelor-chris-harrison-hometown-dates/

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So, if he picks Whitney, maybe she could learn to make 'cow' babies.... it can't be all that different

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The same rules can't apply in the U.S. because Brad didn't propose did he?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Unless they've changed the rules, the Bachelor hasn't always proposed. Remember Brad "I Have to Say Goodbye" Womack? He picked nobody (the first time). They gave him a second chance. And Charlie O'Connell (the actor) chose to continue dating the girl he picked, rather than propose. Maybe the rules have changed, but it hasn't always been that way.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://www.people.com/article/bachelor-chris-soules-blog-episode-8

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
According to TMZ the people of Arlington are none too happy about the way their town wS portrayed. They said it was filmed on a Saturday and that's why it wS so desolate. Hmmm. I'm thinking the day of the week doesn't make a big difference.