TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 20, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Chris - General Discussion (NO Spoilers): Archive through January 20, 2015 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I wonder why they have Chris right down the road from the girls.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I believe its all done for ratings, to amp up the frenzy of the women, get them catty - get some drama on film (well, no one uses film anymore...) One season a girl snuck in to where the Bachelor was, so that leads me to believe the producers do like a good storyline that I will watch! ;)

next week we have Jimmy Kimmel sneaking in to Chris' room (he truly looked asleep in the clip) It had me wondering if it was to stop Jimmy from leaking the RS spoilers - (did he have Chris on his show yet? I've been seriously distracted this year - - in the past when the Bachelor comes on, or Bachelorette he ends the interview with showing pictures of the "contestants" he said one year that one of his producers does do their "research" but it always coincided with RS spoilers -

again - I may have missed Chris on this time around

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i wonder if Farmer Chris is thrown off by Chris Harrison's insistence that 'there are really no rules'. seems to me Chris H's insistence F. Chris can do whatever he wants gives him no clue what to do!!

he may be a wealthy farmer in Iowa but it doesn't necessarily mean he is suave and smooth or worldly. i like how sweet and humble he was in the bachelorette. yes, he is acting like a kid in the candy store and i hate the constant kissing of everyone (eww...Bob Guiney!) but i get the feeling that he hasn't dated a whole lot.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
I seem to be the only one who didn't like him in Andi's season. Everybody else was loving on him and I just saw something I didn't like, but couldn't really put my finger on it.

So I'm not surprised I'm not really liking him this year either. He seems kind of disingenuous, but maybe its just that he's kind of in over his head?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Putter, I wasn't all agog about him in Andi's season.. though I thought it was mean to keep him when she just wasn't going to relocate to Iowa.. but maybe they had her keep him longer so he could be The Bachelor?

As for Juan Pablo I was skeeved out by him in both the Bachelorette season he was on and was really disappointed that he became The Bachelor
and not impressed at all with him on Celebrity Couples Therapy.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i think this is a pretty fun blog about the bachelor
http://www.pinteresttoldmeto.blogspot.com/2015/01/prince-farming-episode-2-rules-arent.html

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That was good Texannie. Prince Farming!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I wanted the other guy they were considering for the Bachelor. Chris was not my choice. I think at least half these girls would not move to Iowa, even though they think they might want to. And yes, I think he's inexperienced and in over his head a bit.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Regarding Kimmel -- yes Chris was on and No, Jimmy did not give his "final 4 and pick" type of analysis like he had been in the past. He did hold up some photos and make some comments, but it felt reigned in and I came to the same conclusion Reader -- that the show has tried to steer him from making his picks by having him participate in the show. I like him so I look forward to seeing him on the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Fun blog.

I did see something online that showed that they targeted that same girl, blocking out various parts of her body for no reason.. odd.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Jimmy just told Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (she's on Big Bang) that Chris did not know Jimmy was coming, and Chris had been asleep for 1 hour and 15 min. Kaley's a big fan and talked about "date night" with her dh watching and laughing about the show, she asked Jimmy to talk Chris in to getting rid of the drunks, and Jimmy reminded her, that's why we watch! roflol!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LMAO... As we all ride the crazy train that is Ashley S. (and a couple of others in this group), this video is awesome. This is who Ashley S. reminds me of...

SNL skit

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Is no one watching?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was watching but I'm off to bed.. will finish tomorrow. The Costco date was very sweet, but he continues to think he MUST kiss everyone.. eh..

And while I DO enjoy Jimmy Kimmel, an enjoyed him on the show tonight, still it is just an enormous product placement and really mocks the show The Bachelor.. which may be well deserved, but odd that they are basically mocking their own show. Or they are desperate.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 4:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I only got to watch about an hour and then the audio went all funky on my recording.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I watched it. I enjoyed the parts with Jimmy Kimmel.

His crying in the limo while going home was funny.

I am glad they had to pay $1.00 every time they said 'amazing'.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the parts with Jimmy Kimmel as well. Poking fun at yourself isn't necessarily indicative of desperation. It's a sign of self-awareness.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought the Jimmy Kimmel bit was funny except for the part in the limousine. At least they had the good sense not to show any women in the limousine on the same show.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I don't like all the kissy crap either.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think Kimmel brought life to a pretty dull episode. He's very funny and I appreciate that the Bachelor knows how to make fun of itself (Chris Harrison has said things as well at the live shows that indicate they have a sense of humor about it). Loved the "amazing" jar bit. I'm surprised the girls just sat there when Kimmel arrived. Maybe they were instructed not to get up. I would have wanted to go meet him!

Yes, too much kissy face again.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The one girl who was sad she couldn't do her Kardashian look, every time she moves in on Chris she is so aggressive. I actually think of V and the scene where someone is swallowing a rat whole. She just looks like she is trying to put on a show for the camera.

Two of the girls who went home tonight I don't even remember seeing. I would have thought he would have got rid of more, this is going to be a long season. And Jimmy is right Chris just trips over his tongue and doesn't really say anything.

And I must say, the woman who they keep black barring, you saw a side view and she does have an amazing ass. I wish I liked to exercise more.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
I've always thought the Bachelor/Bachlorette franchise was self depracating and good at making fun of itself. Sort of a "we're in on the joke with them" thing.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
What was the word the girl used when she was talking to Jimmy about the fact she dated a farmer?

She said '?' farmer and Jimmy repeated the word to Chris.

I don't know what they said. Was it 'real' farmer?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think it was "real" farmer. And my understanding was that she meant they had livestock.

I think the reason Chris is so kissy face is because he doesn't have much to say to the girls. When the conversation lags, they just start smooching!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Brenda!

I hate all that kissy face stuff.