TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 14, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Chris - General Discussion (NO Spoilers): Archive through January 14, 2015 users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Thought you might be interested in this- it's the preview for a new Lifetime drama series coming this summer called UnReal that's based on a Bachelor-type series (one of the creators/producers actually worked on the show many years back)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/09/unreal-trailer/

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Jenny McCarthy said on her radio show that the Cray/cray Ashley is her son Evan's babysitter.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
is he going to end up being like Bob Guiney and kiss everyone?????

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Crazy Ashley is crazy.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I guess he was told to pick Ashley for the ratings.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Not really liking Chris on this show. He just doesn't feel that sincere, and more like a kid in a candy store with no self restraint.

Northstar

09-29-2008

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northstar a private message Print Post    
My jury is still out with Chris but dang these women seem so young, like high school young. I did like Chris last season so I'm holding on to that for now.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 12:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I seriously question my own sanity for watching this train wreck.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Keldogg, there are many LOGICAL reasons why you should watch this show.

Here are some of them:

Um, I will get back to you on that.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I also am not liking Chris very much. How many did he slobber with last night? And he does seem very insincere when he talks to them.

Wish I could help out with some reasons for you Keldogg, but I question my own sanity each Monday night!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I watch solely because it is a train wreck... human nature to slow down and gawk when you pass a wreck/crash.

There is no redeeming value to this train wreck of a show... of course there have been some successes... but they are very few and far between. I would be surprised if they take themselves seriously.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Kid in a candy store is a great way to describe it. This could be a Bob Guiney type season for sure!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Between Ashley S. and Kaitlyn, the crazy should be front and center this season.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I figure 75% of it is put on, crazy or not, but it is entertaining to see which seem genuine, which is contestant crazy, and which is production crazy. You just can't take it seriously. I'm OK with Chris so far. I think it's probably awkward at first, so difficult to seem genuine. Especially if you are on TV! I don't care if they kiss all the girls. My guess is they are feeling a bit of pressure to do it from the girls and from production. I think it's just a kissing-friendly environment and not seen as a sacred act. Sort of like an actor in a TV show. Anyway, so far I like this over some seasons, I have enjoyed some of the witty comments. Editing has been good. I especially like the snarky comments from the smarter girls.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Not all of them are so enthusiastic about kissing so many of them that first week.

So, no, they don't have to do. In fact, they get tremendous license, as we have seen. Send someone home outside of the routine. Bring someone back outside of the routine.

I still think Chris is coming off a bit sleazy, and that's the opposite of romantic. To me.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I don't think they have to....I agree it is a choice. And not necessarily a choice a guy who is primarily looking for a traditional wife would necessarily make. Then again, you have to make sure there is some entertainment on the farm!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Heh...well, as long as we are farming, perhaps he could winnow out some of the weeds first... LOL.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Chris gave me flashbacks.. "rocking bodies" or "rock hard"?

Whatever, phrases I haven't heard for a few seasons.

He's looking less and less "adorable" to me, I must say.

Not just all the kissing, but the way he treated them.. group date.. he lets one person monopolize him for awhile and then selects one to turn it into a one on one and the others.. oh.. too bad, so sad. That wasn't even common decency, IMO.

And he really could be more discreet in all the slobbery moments, too.

Not seeing much depth in him.

The second chance thing was just stupid.

Jenny McCarthy is just as cray in her own way..

but Ashley is way over the edge of someone Chris' mom would want to welcome to the family dynasty.

Remember he's not a farmer on some little plot of land.. I don't think he is necessarily looking for a pioneer wife who will cook, clean, bake and then lash herself to the mule to plough the back fourty..

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Good point. From what I understand Chris has quite a bit of money so it won't be life on a struggling farm.

I agree that Chris could display more polish and tact. But last season people liked him because he seemed kind of rough, genuine, inexperienced and unpolished in a good way. How quickly things change.

I'm interested in seeing what happens once he starts to narrow down his choices and it becomes a smaller group. I think he is more than a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I didn't see him on the first season so I have no preconceived notions. I find him very ill at ease. I thought that Ashley I was going to devour him. Such a sloppy looking kiss on screen that I could have done without. Ashley S is just crackers and I don't get what he could see in her, unless he really just thinks she is overwhelmed. I had to lol when Kaitlin did the "oot and aboot eh" to him.I don't find her crazy, just a good, little twisted sense of humour

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, he seems uncomfortable to me in the whole situation.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It often happens that we like them when they are part of the group to be picked, and not the "picker." (Think Juan Pablo, what a cad he turned out to be!)

Hopefully Chris will redeem himself, but right now, like I said, his willingness to make kissy face with everyone is a big turn off. If a woman did that, she'd already be labeled unattractively too.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Watching it now and am in the middle of the group date. What the heck? How can he just abandon the group and go off with one woman. Don't they have one on one dates for that? I think he is clueless to how to proceed which makes me wonder if he really knows what he wants. So far he seems to be a "nice" buy but not very socially adept. Not really charmed by him, at this stage of the show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No Chris fan, but I believe they have done this before in other "group" dates, where one is selected during the date for some special one on one time?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They have had group dates where they have two teams and one team gets more time and the other is sent back home and of course there are always those who wangle more one on one time than others, but this was so early and so abrupt..