TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 26, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor in Paradise - General Discussion: Archive through August 26, 2014 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think many of the ruins have been closed to climbing for 2 reasons -- people falling (someone fell and died at Chichen itza) and then the damage to the ruins that having thousands of tourists climbing on them does.

Ek balam still allows climbing and I have to say it is a fantastic experience. And yes, very steep and scary! If you walk up in a zig zag it helps. I've also heard Coba still allows climbing, but I've also read they are closing to climbing, so not sure. Those are all in the cancun area.

Having spent time in that area for the past 2 summers I'm really enjoying the setting for Bach in Paradise! I hope those little hut things they are staying in have A/C because it's so hot and muggy there. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I recognized the ruins also, and when we were there last year, you couldn't climb on them either. They may have set it up so the date was before or after hours so it would be deserted?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it looks like Tulum closes fairly early in the late afternoon /evening. That surprises me, but I guess it shouldn't as most of the MExico tourist things close by 5pm it seems. So, I'm guessing they went after closing as it looked like the sun was starting to set.

I read Tulum has been closed to climbing for many years. I hope they understand what a rare treat it was, and why the ants were so angry! :-)

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Tulum has been closed to climbing for many years

I'm glad to hear this. I was shocked when they began climbing on them. Nature alone can take a toll without humans all over them.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
This show, so far, reminds me of Paradise Hotel from about 10 years ago on Fox, I believe.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 4:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure about this show. I wonder how many days it was filmed? I'm thinking maybe Two weeks. These girls seem to get attached almost immediately. I also noted that they were all staying at a hotel right before production started,so is it really a surprise when a new bachelor/ette shows up? Is this show different than Bachelor Pad, I never saw it. It just seems like it's all scripted and they all got together before hand and decided who each one would get together with and how it will play out.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The finding and reading of the letter taken out of the back pack sounded staged.

I would think the guys would have just put it back.

I liked Paradise Hotel better.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I loved the music they played during the speech by 'what's her name' after Dillon refused the rose.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It's really a train wreck..... so hard to look away from....

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, it is different. On Bach Pad, there were competitions. They were playing for money at the end.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I liked Bach Pad better. The challenges and competitions were at least a bit interesting. The voting created the drama. Here, if they didn't have that loopy blonde it seems like there wouldn't be much of a show. Bring back BAch Pad!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I LOVE this show! So entertaining! Poor Elyse just couldn't understand what Dylan was trying to say and really sabotaged herself every which way. Chris Bukowski doesn't seem to be a very nice person (was going to use a more descriptive term, but knew I'd get the red dots of shame and probably a scolding from the mods). Looks like he's going to be sorry he ever started with Elyse very soon.

I was so wishing Sarah would just give her rose to Dylan. So seems so sweet and he really seemed to like her. They would have made a cute couple. She worries too much about what other people think. Or maybe she knew crazy Elyse would chop her hair off while she was sleeping if she and Dylan got together.

I hope things work out for Claire and Zack. They seem like the most normal, down to earth people on the show.

And Marquel almost talked himself off the show, telling Michelle, "I think you like to drink." WTH? Judgy much???

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Brenda, I liked Bachelor Pad so much better. This is kind of snoozy without the challenges. I will agree the different Elise scenes were very amusing. She was painfully clueless!
And yes, I will still continue to watch...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
For the first time in 14 years, I can't bring myself to watch this show so I'm relegated to read RS's recaps which are far more entertaining. I hope they bring back BP next summer. Some of my friends that tried watching BIP said they were done with it by the second episode.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Never saw BP but why did they change the format?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
They climb on the ruins again!!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've love to know Lakecat. The old format was just fine. Maybe Mexico is cheaper? Maybe they didn't want to set up tasks and challenges?

Some ruins do allow climbing. I wasn't familiar with the ones they were on. I have climbed on Ek Balam and it's a fantastic experience.

Poor Michelle Money. It's like she tries too hard. She needs to find a nice divorced man with a kid or two of his own.

And note to Graham: RUN!!!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 4:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Chris and Alise leaving the show and running (well limping) off together!!!!

That should last as far as the airport.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 21, 2014 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm really looking forward to the in-studio finale! I'd love to see how many (if any) of these couples are still together.

And can I just say that maybe Claire needs to see a counselor? When she was crying over the anniversary of her dad's death, I thought maybe it was only a year or two. But 10 years?! If she's still sobbing after 10 years, she needs to talk to someone. I get teary over my dad (after 26 years), but outright hysterical sobbing is a little over the top.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
lol The guy from Emily's season going on a date by himself.

There is just something 'off' about this show.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, funny that he went by himself. I'm not sure why he didn't ask one of the guys to go with him. I wouldn't have given up the date either!

Ashlee is one of those girls that puts on a "nice" show, but can be pretty evil when it comes down to it. If Graham doesn't get the hint now and keeps ignoring these red flags, then I guess he gets what he deserves!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, and the show says "to be continued" lol.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
Reminder that it is continued tonight for some reason. Guess ABC is hurting for something to show!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I agree something seems off about this show. It seems very fake. I'm glad it's on again tonight though. For some reason I always expect Big Brother to be on Tues nights and am always disappointed when I remember it isn't.

I hope they bring back Bach pad for next summer.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Bbpeach, I thought we would have to wait a week to end this cliffhanger! lol

Yes, I would take Bachelor pad over this.