TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 01, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Andi - General Discussions: Archive through August 01, 2014 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
They usually start filming the Bachelor around September or so. If you remember last season, Sharleen had to quit because she had a concert coming up at the end of October in Germany and she didn't think when she signed up that she would have been kept as long as she was on JP's season - so she had to quit since he didn't seem to have any intention of eliminating her. So I guess it is from Sept. through Nov. so everyone is home in time for Thanksgiving.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Hmm... so I wonder if there will be an "after the paradise" show where they will announce the next Bachelor? Do we know how many weeks PAradise is?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing there will be an After the Paradise show for them to announce the next Bachelor.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I TOTALLY think Nick is immature and delusional. When someone breaks up with you and says they have no desire to talk to you, you hold your head high and walk away. You don't go on national television and declare to the world that you had sex with her before she dumped you. That was super low. He totally threw her under the bus. Did he think that would make her like him again? "Oh, yeah! You're right, Nick! I should have picked you!!!"

I never liked Nick from the start. The fact that he seemed to approach the whole situation as "winning the game" (aka being the "frontrunner") rather than finding true love just rubbed me the wrong way. I also don't trust people that have trouble getting along with everyone else. Just shows a problem in their personality.

Another thing that absolutely drove me crazy about Nick is that he doesn't make eye contact when he's talking to people. He looks down rather than looking them in the eye. Unless he's on the autism spectrum and has a real problem with eye contact, that just seemed ungenuine to me. I find it hard to trust someone who doesn't look at me when they're talking to me.

Nick needs to grow up and move on. I think it's pretty definite that Chris will be the next Bachelor. I would love that. Would not watch Nick. Yuck!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
And I can't wait till Bachelor in Paradise! Totally looks like the kind of trash TV you need to shower after. I guess that's what makes it good, clean fun!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
some celebrity rags are saying that Josh was just about winning also... we'll see.

As for Nick, yeah, I agree. But here's the thing, when you've lead someone on, like I *saw* Andi lead him on in that last date, and then you dump them, then I think the mature person helps them move on. It's brutally unkind to refuse to speak to them.

Sometimes people just need to hear it one more time, especially if it was a complete contradiction of everything they had heard before.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I didn't like what we saw of Nick much but Andi did lead him on as much as possible. I can see why he felt terribly rejected and wanted a second chance to clear the air with her.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I strongly suspect the producers "encouraged" Andi not to speak to Nick, so they could have the big confrontation in the ATFR show. I was also really surprised to hear Andi tell Nick in their last date, "It will all be okay" or something like that. I thought she was assuring him that he would be her pick (it actually sank my heart, because I wanted her to pick Josh!).

Still think it was incredibly tacky of Nick to tell America that they had sex in the FS. That was meant to hurt her in retaliation for the hurt she caused him. Very selfish and immature.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, I don't think it was meant to hurt her, as much as it was to refute her statement that she never loved him.

If not, why did she have sex with him?

So, I think she was trying to minimize it, and he called her on it in a strong, uncomfortable way.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that was one of the issues. When she seemed to keep minimizing her feelings for Nick he felt compelled to respond.

Rather than saying that she never loved Nick at all (which I think she said first) she should have said that she didn't love Nick as much as Josh. However, by the time she said that it was too late.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I agree. I didn't see a malicious tattling. I saw someone who really did not want to spill the beans and then just really couldn't help himself but ask "then why did you..." when she said she never loved him. I'd like to know as well! Why did she?!?!

then I think the mature person helps them move on. It's brutally unkind to refuse to speak to them.
Sometimes people just need to hear it one more time, especially if it was a complete contradiction of everything they had heard before.

Totally agree with this Karuuna.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, you are right about none of the guys liking Nick. There's clearly something there that rubbed all of the guys the wrong way that we didn't see.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Interesting to see that video of Nick on the plane. And interesting to read the letter. I still like Nick and I feel badly that he was led on. And yes Reality Steve, people do still say "make love". LOL.
https://m.facebook.com/notes/the-bachelorette/andis-mystery-letter/10153069282652846/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think it was toolish for him to make those statements on the live show (maybe lashing out because she spurned his staking her and because she wouldn't talk to him.)

So they both were toolish in their behavior.

If she had talked to him early on, it would have been easier for her to admit some feelings for him, but waiting until months down the line, for the show, with him not getting over it (most have moved on by then or are trying to) it meant that he wanted her to talk about feelings she presumably no longer has. In fact she must be relieved, considering his behavior since she sent him home.

Think of Melissa being dropped ON the final show.. She was angry but there was much more she could have said to embarrass everyone, but she didn't. (at least that I ever saw)

Bottom line is you cannot MAKW someone feel what you want them to feel and if you coerce them into a relationship it would be doomed anyway.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Totally! I've had relationships that have ended suddenly like that. When I was younger, I would have guys pursue me and then when I developed feelings for them, they were all, "Oh wait! I didn't mean for this to be a relationship! I'm out!" Some people can be very immature. The best thing to do in those cases was to try your best to move on. You're not gonna make somebody feel what they don't feel, and the more you push, the more you push them away. That interview with Nick was extremely uncomfortable to watch. I kept thinking, "Don't they have psychologists that work with these people?" He definitely needs some counseling to move on.

As far as her having sex with Nick, I think she got caught up in the moment and let things get out of hand. It happens. And yes, "making love" doesn't necessarily have anything to do with love. People who aren't in love do it all the time.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Gawd... Walton & Johnson were talking about The Bachelorette this morning and even they were bewildered by the "making love" comment. Even more bewildering is that Walton & Johnson watch this hot mess of a show.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sure. I know lots of people who had sex with someone the day before getting engaged to someone else and then saying that they were fully head over heals in love with the person they got engaged to at the time they were having sex with the other person. Uh .... actually I don't. Plus that sounds about as incoherent as it is.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
You just made me choke Jimmer. LMAO.

I'm still bewildered by it all myself. I wonder if they get any say so in the order of the fantasy dates. She should have had Josh go first so that after he proved himself worthy, she wouldn't have had to test drive Nick at all!

Oh, and I'm not bewildered by the comment as I totally understand why he said it (fury of a woman scorned -- Nick being the women here), I'm bewildered by the act itself! I guess she just had an itch she needed scratched?!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There's another possibility. She was very much into him, until she slept with him. And then it was awful so she chose the other guy...you just don't know.

Ariasmum

07-21-2006

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ariasmum a private message Print Post    
Am I wrong or did anyone else see Nick in some of the previews for Bachelor in Paradise? It was a bit of a spoiler then if they were showing the promo Mon night before Andi had made her decision.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
No, I haven't seen Nick in any previews for Bach in Paradise.

Yeah, I suppose that's a possibility Karuuna! Nick could have been a dud compared to Josh. Those pesky test drives can be revealing! :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - Now that is a possibility, Kar!

I guess what bothers me is Andi's over-emphasis of her love for Josh (that it was practically love at first sight and so on) and her de-emphasis of any feelings she had for Nick. It just doesn't fit well with her sleeping with Nick and I think that was part of what led Nick to call her on it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
He said as much in an interview -- that she was so cold to him.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/nick-viall-interview-i-only-revealed-i-had-sex-with-the-bachelorette-star-andi-dorfman-because-she-was-so-cold-16568.php

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yes, Jimmer, I agree. It just didn't add up, once we knew they had done the dirty deed. Or if you're Nick, made love. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is the cast list for Bachelor in Paradise. There are no spoilers in this list. Even with the pictures, I'm still having a hard time remembering these people.

Cast of BIP