TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 29, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Andi - General Discussions: Archive through July 29, 2014 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
With Andi, I could see how she chose Josh over Nick. Nick was 'passion'. Your mind gets clouded with 'passion' and that person is not always the best mate for someone in the long term. When the passion dies, what is left. I think she gave into the passion in the FS and probably regrets it.

To me, Nick thought if he could just talk to her and declare his undying love... that she would realize the mistake she made and they would like happily ever after.... I think he needs to grow up a bit.

With Josh, I see more of a long term relationship. I see friendship and love there. I always hope they make it, but am never surprised when they don't.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Exactly Jimmer. Some of the Bachelorettes have even said they wanted to go to the suite to "Talk all night" or some other such thing. They can just hang out all night! IT doesn't have to be a honeymoon situation.

And Jimmer your 7:04 am post is spot on.

Why did she do that to Nick? I mostly enjoyed her this season, but not as much now.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Good post Kookliebird. I agree with you.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think Nick actually said that he couldn't say that she'd made a mistake-- that Josh was a great guy, etc. So, I think they wanted to portray him as some stalker type who wanted to convince her to change her mind, but he didn't seem to be saying that. I think he wanted her to explain why she led him on, to maybe admit she had real feelings for him. But without seeing or knowing what was in that letter, we really can't know. But I didn't think Josh came off poorly like some of the other 2nd place people have. He just seemed genuinely hurt and confused. I think it's normal after being dumped to hope that the person comes to their senses and realizes they did make a mistake. It happens in real life all the time.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Nick is delusional and immature. He is inarticulate and I'm not sure he is ready for any committed relationship. I hope he takes a break, assesses himself and what his wants and needs are and learns how to move into a healthy, balanced relationship. Being full of passion and a good kisser is not enough to base a long term relationship on!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
After Nick was eliminated and was flying home, he was on the plane talking on his cell phone before takeoff. There was a woman behind him who was actually recording him because she was going to post on FB and Twitter about how this jerk was talking so loud in the cabin. Well, as she is recording this she is listening to the conversation and she realizes that it is someone from the F2 of the Bachelor. It just happened that she personally knew RS from many years ago so instead of posting on FB and Twitter, she sent him the audio/video of Nick on the plane - and he was bitching up a storm about Andi and Josh. And, of course, in true RS fashion, he posted the video in his blog - LOL. Nick really did think he was going to be Andi's choice.

I honestly think the truth lies somewhere in the middle of Nick being delusional and Andi leading him on - when the truth is no one stood a chance against Josh. Josh was going to marry Andi if it was the last thing Hy Dorfmann did on this planet.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh and no one ever complains when the bachelors take multiple test drives before the finale.

I do! I think it's sleazy!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I do too Karuuna. I absolutely hate the FS but with Mike Fleiss and Elan Gale at the helm, it's not going anywhere.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Karuuna ~ Josh said the next time he told a women he loved her, her would marry her, not the next time he made love to a woman he would marry her.

Pretty sure I heard it differently. I guess I could be wrong. But why would Andi praise that statement? Doesn't seem that remarkable.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Do you have a link Lexie?

Yep, Andi certainly contributed to Nick's over confidence.

and I agree Karuuna!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, he did say that the next woman he told he loved her, he would marry her.

Brenda, the link to the video of Nick on the plane was posted several times on RS's blogs - the problem is I didn't bring them over on a weekly basis because I honestly don't know if anyone reads the blogs and the spoilers. So the video could be on one of the blogs that I brought over, or it could have been posted on the few blogs that I didn't bring over.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
She chose Josh and so she is going to do whatever she can to minimize the hurt to her true (true for now) love. I feel really badly for Nick. And I also feel badly still for what Chris and Marcus had to go through during their breakups. I feel that all 4 were sincerely in love with Andi.

I don't like how the music all throughout last night's show was a dead giveaway that she would choose Josh. (I was hoping that the producers were doing that to throw us off.)

While the season was ok and not terrible, Andi has been my least favorite bachelor. She always seemed a bit fake to me. I did like how most of the guys seemed like great guys, less sleaze as a group than a lot of other seasons.

I barely remember Drew!

That is interesting that Hy was at the first meet and greet. It would have been interesting to show us that!

I also thought Josh would be her final pick after that first night, her type, they seemed to hit it off right away, nice guy.

While watching last night's show, I got the feeling many times (including while they were together at ATFR) that they knew each other before the show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Believe it or not Happymom, Andi and Josh didn't know each other, but Andi and her family were very familiar with Josh's family. They are HUGE UGA fans and superfans of Aaron Murray.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, he did say that the next woman he told he loved her, he would marry her.

I didn't hear what he said. I heard Andi talking about it.

It doesn't make sense to me, because uh, just because you tell someone you love them doesn't mean they will marry YOU.

However, you can wait to make love to someone until you are engaged and have agreed to be married.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Huge font for huge fans, lol!

Lexie I have a question for you. Like Dogdoc, I peeked at the end of the spoiler thread, but I am worried about being spoiled for the next bachelor season so I ran right back out. You posted something once about sharing something with us after the season was over that something had happened that first night that had never happened before? Do I have that right? (or maybe Chris H said that? I do remember you were going to share something with us!) If yes, is it that the dad met the 25 guys?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yes it is Happymom. Hy was in the house the first night in another room and he met all of the men. Which is why it was such bullshit with the confessionals everyone gave about "meeting" each other and being nervous.

If anyone was nervousin' at those meetings, it was Hy that Andi wouldn't choose Josh and Hy wouldn't be able to go to Aaron Murray's professional football games. But that would have never happened because Josh was the chosen one on the first night by both Andi and Hy. The other 24 never stood a chance.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie. :-)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
he did say that the next woman he told he loved her, he would marry her.

That's what I heard too.

Mysti

09-28-2005

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysti a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Karuuna, it doesn't make sense to me either. I've heard of saving intimacy for the one you are going to marry but not saving the words "I love you".

I guess this way you can still have sex with someone you don't plan on marrying as long as you don't say I love you.

Sounds strange to me.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Mysti, exactly!

Maybe that's why my brain interpreted it differently than others heard it.

But again, I never heard what he said, I heard what Andi said about it... so maybe she said something different?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm going to post RS's final blog of the season here since it is not spoilerish as to the next Bachelor or Bachelor in Paradise. The videos and transcription are in this link. Of some note, the last page of the blog he talks about Nick and the producer manipulation that took place (i.e. the producers flying him out to Mexico when Josh and Andi were there, and to the MTA show), when the producers knew she wouldn't see him. Nick is still kind of crazy in a stalkerish kind of way, but he was also prodded and manipulated by production.

RS finale recap

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I don't think Nick is delusional or immature.. Ive been on the bad end of a blindsided breakup, and it freaking hurts, for a long time too... You need that closure.. and from the looks of it, it was a total blindside for Nick.

Andi SHOULD have talked to him before last nights show and for the life of me I can't understand why she didn't. I think she owed him that much. I have no problem with him saying the things he said last night. When you're hurting and getting NO answers...you are screwed up. Sure, he'll look back on this years from now and wish he had handled it better.. but we're in the now. right now and he's crushed.

I never warmed up to Nick but I sure felt heartache for him last night. I knew it was Josh right from the get go. They had the chemistry. You could just tell, especially after meeting his family that she would fit right in. She even looked like his family!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think it was a blindside. Geez, that last date she kept saying everything will be all right and he has nothing to worry about.

So of course he thought he was the chosen one!

Honestly, if she had just agreed to talk to him at some point BEFORE the ATR show, that would have helped too. I thought her refusal to speak to him was mean.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
Karuuna I totally agree. That brought Andi even further down in my book.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I agree. She could have talked to him sooner. It would have been the right thing to do. And I have no doubt the producers were helping Nick "reach out" to her. They just love that kind of drama. I just wish Andi had stepped up and put a stop to the drama and just had that last needed conversation with him.

thanks for posting a link Lexie. I'll look at it later tonight. I wonder when they will announce the next Bachelor. When do they start filming it?