TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 29, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Andi - General Discussions: Archive through July 29, 2014 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
One of the issues with this show is that many viewers want to see people who are sincere about looking for love but they don't enjoy the ensuing ramifications when those people are led on and then rejected at the end. They are supposed to go quietly into the night and they don't want to go quietly.

It makes it look like Andi took them both for a test drive and decided that Josh was the better vehicle.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, it sure does. And I can't blame her for the "test drive", but to tell him she never loved him just seems harsh. And yes, it's just too much to expect someone to pour their heart into it, sleep together in the fantasy suite, and then go quietly into the night without some kind of meaningful discussion post breakup. Doing it on camera, we have often concluded, borders on cruel. But there you have it. I watched every minute and had real tears for Nick. And now reading the spoilers that Josh was like a shoe-in makes me feel even worse for Nick.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That doesn't bother me as much as her praising josh for saying that the next time he made love to someone it would be the woman he was going to marry... And then her sleeping with Nick but swearing she always knew he would not be the one.

Something doesn't add up.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I'm a little behind as I'm just now watching my DVR of the show. I just finished watching her time with Josh and felt he was totally the right guy for her!

I am now watching her with Nick. He comes across to me as very insecure and mumbles a lot. I detest people who overuse the word "like". It's so distracting.

Nick does not feel like the right fit for her. Even her response to him is not balanced.

Watching this, knowing the outcome, does not change my mind that she picked the right guy!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree Karuna. It's like maybe she didn't know all along but is trying to rewrite history? I don't know. But I have to wonder if Josh knew about the fantasy suite with Nick. Do the couples get any advice from a counselor on how to move forward and get past the other relationships that were going on at the same time? I could see how that could cause problems. We all have a past, but Nick wasn't a past, he was concurrent -- like the next or prior night! Yikes!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
As adorable as Nick is, I really hate how much he uses the word "like". UGH. His insecurity at the final date -- I can't help but thinking he should be insecure and analyzing everything -- she's dating someone else at the same time. Who wouldn't be analyzing it. Is he like that all the time? Who knows. If he is, it could be quite annoying. But I really liked Nick and he seemed very sincere.

I wonder if she cringes now at describing how her relationship with Nick was all about "passion". If she hadn't gone on and on about the passion maybe he wouldn't have called her out. It seemed like Chris was a bit uncomfortable with where the conversation was heading and cut things off. I'm not sure a Live show is the best for this situation.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Okay, now on Kimmel she's saying she needed every date, that she wasn't 100% sure about Josh until the end. So, I think on ATR she was downplaying her depth of feeling for Nick.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well I thought the proposal was very sweet. Josh just kept bouncing like tigger.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Oh and no one ever complains when the bachelors take multiple test drives before the finale.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
We've definitely seen the ladies call out the Bachelor for test drives!

I'm sure for Josh fans this is a very sweet proposal and ending. They do look like a happy couple, so maybe we'll get another wedding. This one certainly seems to have a good chance unlike other pairings.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I agree the men do get called out when they take a test drive with someone they know they are not going to pick. The women are left, much like Nick, hurt, confused, and feeling used. Andi was not test driving as she had made up her mind before that it was going to be Josh. I thought Josh's joke about trying to make her pregnant was crude so I think they are made for each other.

When on Jimmy K. Andi said she didn't want to say something because her grandmother watches the show, Jimmy's comment was priceless. He said if her grandmother watched the show and saw what she did with all those men and didn't have a heart attack, she would live to be 150 years old. I love Jimmy K.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don' watch this show anymore, but while watching Kimmel tonight I couldn't help but notice that Andi really resembles Kendall Jenner. Especially when she is in full big smile mode.

Mysti

09-28-2005

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysti a private message Print Post    
Karuuna ~ Josh said the next time he told a women he loved her, her would marry her, not the next time he made love to a woman he would marry her.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 4:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I was surprise Andi used the simile 'hitting below the belt'when Nick brought up the fantasy sweet.

She left no doubt as to what happened.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, "hitting below the belt" doesn't seem like the right phrase. It's more like "kiss and tell".

I enjoyed Kimmel last night. He's always so funny and I loved his comment about how she'd already had a Bachelorette party. Kimmel is the best.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have always hated the Fantasy Suite concept and have felt something like that should always be done "off camera." But - this is the Bachelor/ette and Fleiss loves the sleazy connotations.

One of my biggest complaints (besides the Fantasy Suite) is how they label everyone's employment. Josh hasn't played baseball in over seven years. He is a financial advisor with an awesome job. Just like Kelly from JP's season - they had her as a "dog lover." Kelly is in the corporate world and doing quite well, however she does animal rescue work with Angels Among Us out of Atlanta. Even JP was listed as a professional soccer player. He hadn't played soccer (or worked for that matter) in years. If they had listed JP's occupation as "unemployed for YEARS," there wouldn't have been such a clamor for him to be the Bachelor. For whatever reason, production has a problem with listing real occupations and insists on giving contestants these labels.

While I was never a big fan of Andi's (and found her kind of painful to watch this season), I absolutely adored Josh. When he leaned over to kiss Grumpy Cat last night, my heart just melted.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The Bachelor or Bachelorette are always walking a fine line. If they fall in love early they can't reveal it or it will kill the suspense of who they will choose. If they fall in love later then that presents its own issues. So it's awkward. For example, I remember cringing every time Sean would go on about how hard it was to decide who to send home and wondering what Catherine must have felt seeing his apparent indecisiveness.

So now, after the fact, Andi wants to tell everyone that Josh is the love of her life, she knew almost right away and it was an easy decision. And Nick is hearing that and thinking but ... but ... but ... I thought she loved me .... she slept with me.

So Andi had two choices:

a) She can say it was a very hard last minute decision.

b) She can say she was always in love with Josh (which she did). But that then implies that she just used Nick and likes to sleep around.

So Andi going on about her great love for Josh was too much for Nick to understand and stomach. She tried to balance it, went too far in one direction and Nick spoke out about it.

Not a great scene all around.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree about the occupation thing, Lexie. But Americans and Canadians feel that what they do for a living is a huge part of defining them as a person. It took me a while to realize that people are so much more than just what they do when they are at work.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Absolutely no one stood a chance of after Andi met Josh the first night. If Andi and her father had their way, they would have canceled the season and she could have ridden off into the sunset with Josh after the first night. When RS posted the bios (BEFORE they started filming), he called it that Josh would be Andi's final pick. And that was before RS found out about Hy Dorfmann being in the mansion the first night meeting the men.

Which then makes me want to rant AGAIN about producer manipulation in the "confessionals." Everyone had to act like the Dominican Republica was the first time that Hy, Nick and Josh met when in actuality they met the first night at the mansion (but it was never shown on TV). So it was total bullshit when Hy said he had "concerns" about Josh being a jock because he knew Josh was a financial adviser. His real "concern" was whether he could marry Andi fast enough into the Murray family and if he could get tickets to Aaron Murray's pro football games.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Do you think it was fair that they labeled Josh as a "pro baseball player" when he hadn't played for seven years, and was actually a successful financial adviser? I think it is absolute bullshit that they make it sound like Josh hasn't held a real job in the last seven years, yet JP who hasn't had a real job in years was classified as a professional soccer player.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. It's ridiculous!

So, if the above is true, why did Andi sleep with Nick?

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I am so glad this season is over. I didn't like Andi at all. I liked her in Juan Pablo's season but after the whole thing with Eric I think I lost all respect for her.

And I think they edited Nick in the beginning to look like a creepy stalker but I feel like he just sincerely had feelings for her.

When Josh "proposed" I looked at my daughter and said it sounds like he has a speech writer. I really don't see them getting married.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
There is a lot of pressure from the producers regarding the Fantasy Suite and she had already sent Chris home. If she doesn't go to the FS with Nick, then it would have been a dead giveaway that Josh was her final pick. Or she's a loosey goosey. It's either/or.

When TPTB chased Emily for six months to be the Bachelorette, she stated that she would NOT be doing the FS bit with three men because of her young daughter. But they wanted Emily so badly they capitulated.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sure but she can go to the Fantasy Suite with Nick and even spend the night there with him but that doesn't mean she has to have sex with him. It's not like she is a prostitute!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dat is true.