TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 09, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Andi - General Discussions: Archive through July 09, 2014 users admin

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
The scene where they showed Chris telling Andi and the final 4 guys about Eric Hill's passing was brutal. When all of the crew came in and gathered with them hugging each of them even I cried.
One of the things I noticed was that NOT ONE of the 4 guys approached Andi to hug her or offer her comfort. Marcus actually got up and walked out of the room and Andi went to HIM to offer comfort.
I'd send all 4 of them packing after this.

Alliet

07-11-2005

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
Marcus is better off without Andi.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I was shocked that Marcus was sent home. I guess she has stronger feelings for someone else and since he was gaga over her already, she decided not to lead him on any longer. I don't see her with Chris living on a farm but he does have a wonderful family. All the familys were great. No negativity. I thought the F2 would be Josh and Marcus.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I was really surprised Marcus went home as well. I guess he just fell too hard too fast. I can't see Chris at the end -- Iowa?! In the middle of nowhere? Can't see it.

Nick is still my pick for her. I've liked him for a while now even though they tried to play him as the villain. I think Josh is the kind of guy that catches our eye, but not the kind that is good for settling down with.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Why should Andi deserve any more comfort than the guys over Eric's passing? The guys probably liked him as much as she did. I found the whole display rather manipulative and tasteless but ... hey that's the Bachelor franchise for you.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree. It felt a bit exploitive. It's painful for them all. The guys lived with him. She "dated" him. Seemed they lingered too long on the scene. As viewers we already got the "goodbye" episode. We already had our cry.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
They found out that morning that he died...it was pitch black when every body showed up to be told...why did it take all day? It's not like they were at work, or couldn't be reached.

I found it very exploitive!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, July 07, 2014 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think the guys were just coming back to LA after the hometown dates. They all probably traveled during the day and were told to go to Chris's home that evening. JMHO

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 4:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I don't see why they had to be told about Eric while the cameras were rolling.

As Brenda said, the men spent more time with him than Andi did. They all grieved.

We didn't need to 'see' their reaction to know how bad they all felt.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Keldogg, Jag is correct. They were traveling back from their respective hometowns to LA the day that Eric died. Since they are isolated with their producers and have no access to the internet, TV or radio they didn't know until they were told at Chris's house.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And Heaven forbid I actually give production on this show credit for anything, but I think the reason they showed them telling Andi and the guys about Eric was for Eric's family - so they would know how much Eric was liked by Andi and the guys. They never had to deal with anything like this before and Elian and Fleiss have reputations for being total manipulating d-bags. I think the way they handled it was the only way they could handle it. Obviously, production can't salvage their reputations at this point, but it gave Eric's family some comfort knowing how well-liked he was.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I appreciate other people's opinions...but I agree with Dogdoc.... why were they filming it in the first place? Who does that? People who, already in the back of their minds are thinking "This could be great TV".

I know that when I need to give someone some bad news, I don't think "I better record this in case they want to watch themselves later". And then to continue filming while the crew goes in to comfort the people.

I just got a totally ICKY feeling....

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Keldogg... that goes back to what I just said above - production has the reputation of being manipulating d-bags. If you don't read the spoilers or RS blogs/e-mails, you have absolutely no idea how this show is 100% manipulated behind the scenes by production.

But I think it gave Eric's family some comfort.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Couldn't they have had a private filming for Eric's family then, in a different setting.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, we are talking about the producers of the Bachelor/ette.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's who we are talking about as well. How ironic. :-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Lexie. I think it was done to give Eric's family some comfort. They knew his family would be watching the show, had probably been in touch with them. I thought it showed a lot of respect for them all to come together, including the crew who get attached to people too.

I knew Marcus was a goner when Andi was telling his mom she just didn't know if he could catch up to where some of the other guys were or something like that. She implied that he wasn't at the same point as some of the others. I still remember how Andi watched Marcus all the way into the house and said, "He's HOT!" on the very first night. The other guys seem a little more mature. Marcus deserves someone who'll love him with her whole heart, and that's just not Andi.

I love Chris's family the best! OMG, I LOVE his mama!!! She was hilarious! I don't see any reason Andi couldn't move to Iowa and still practice law. He told her it would be entirely possible for her to commute to Cedar Rapids and practice there. I have a good friend from high school who lives on a farm in Nebraska and has a law office in the nearby town. Iowa is not the end of the earth. People live there!

Oh, and as much as I can't stand Nick, how adorable was his little sister? With the questions? And then she couldn't remember any of the answers when Nick asked her what Andi said? She was too cute!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Chris Harrison's blog explains a lot about why Eric's death was handled the way it was. He says they were in constant touch with the family and wanted to be respectful to them. If they hadn't shown it on the show, it would have felt disrespectful to pretend it hadn't happened. I thought they did pretty well with a difficult situation.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/07/08/chris-harrison-blogs-the-bachelorette-episode-8-2/

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Good blog. Thank you Babyjaxmom.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Even before I read the blog, I'd say if they didn't show them grieving, then there would have been some strange footage of that night with them all looking down and sad without a "reason".

If they didn't TELL them, then people putting together the timeline would think they were heartless because they didn't look down... except for Marcus.

I thought what Andi said about Marcus was that HE was ahead of HER on getting to love and she didn't think she could catch up to him.. so SHE was farther along with the other guys and he was on past her when she wasn't there and didn't know if she would be.

Anyway, off he went.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm so jaded by the production of this show that I find it hard to accept that they do anything out of the kindness of their hearts. Oh well.

Interesting how they showed the rose ceremony on this episode after they actually found out and told them he had died but didn't think it appropriate to show it on the episode where he left.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 3:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm so jaded by the production of this show that I find it hard to accept that they do anything out of the kindness of their hearts. Oh well.

============================

Jimmer - you are starting to sound like me !!!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 4:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think they prolonged the camera time of Chris mading the announcement more than necessary.

I agree Jimmer, about the rose ceremony.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Exactly Dogdoc.

LOL Lexie! And we're both still watching. I must confess that I do enjoy this show.