TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 12, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor - Juan Pablo - General Discussion: Archive through March 12, 2014 users admin

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Chris Harrison's blog:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/03/11/chris-harrison-bachelor-finale-juan-pablo/

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I have no issues with Chris Harrison. He's been there from the beginning and is probably just annoyed that he lost a few months of his life and part of his dignity following JP around.

Oh and I see a lot of "baby mama's" in JP's future.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Lexie, Clare said all those flattering things to him and he brushed her off by saying "I didn't pick you."

If I were Chris and JP said "don't interrupt me" I would have wanted to take him down a peg or two or a couple hundred.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else notice that when JP was giving Nikki the final rose he was talking about chatting with her dad and what he was "quoting" that Nikki's dad said was actually what Andi's dad said?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
JP outright refused to appear on Good Morning America this morning. He wants no more publicity.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Worst. Bachelor. EVER!

And I was laughing at CH's comments to Andi after JP left the stage. I think he was only saying what the rest of us were thinking. Poor Nikki! She's selling herself short for sure!

Sandra

07-05-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
Run Nikki! Run like the wind!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Tonight on Watch What Happens Live, Andy Cohen gave the Jackhole of the Day to JP. He repeated what JP said in the helicopter and said "in words you can understand JP "It's Not Ok". I loved it. He sure hasn't made any fans out of this show. He is such a tool!!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I do want to say that People Magazine didn't have JP on the cover or any comments.. this week's People is all about the Oscars. I had a copy and left it in a waiting room today.

But there WAS one of the tabloids that did have that cover and pointed statements about JP and others have been targeting him as well.

I hope Nikki can break away soon. I cannot decide if she really wants fame so badly or if she has SUCH low self esteem.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 3:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay, I get what you're saying Dogdoc... yes that had to be humiliating for Clare.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
It seemed like Chris wanted JP to tell Nikki he loved her even though he doesn't.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, the one tabloid that I read said that Nikki was playing JP and HE should watch out.

They said she wasn't the sweet girl he thought she was.

Poor guy! Bwhahahahahahahahah

Ann

09-27-2005

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    

"Did anyone else notice that when JP was giving Nikki the final rose he was talking about chatting with her dad and what he was "quoting" that Nikki's dad said was actually what Andi's dad said?"

Yup, I noticed that right away. Good thing he was paying attention. hahaha

Missy2

07-31-2001

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
omg are you kidding??? i didn't notice. i noticed that he has excuses for not finding the right one or perhaps not saying I love you? his excuses always point to Renee's son, his daughter, the parents, etc....

what's odd is if he got to the end and didn't find a match he could of said so.... Its the lack of honesty. the way he went about it was ....yuck. I think the issue is perhaps he can't be honest with himself or his feelings? his lack of honesty is more hurtful to him and others.... he is just....self unaware....and selfish...and I am guessing being so self unaware he just doesn't see it. instead points the finger at others and situations.

I feel for him, and I hope he can grow from his experience.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Nikki's dad also said something to JP.

As per usual, everyone sits down at the dining room table for a lovely looking meal, but nobody eats a bite – and soon Nikki's mom is whisking her daughter away for a private chat. "Honestly, the next time you see me I could be engaged!" the nurse tells her mom confidently. "Do you mean it?" mom asks, twirling her hair nervously. Sadly mom, yes -- yes she does. Dad, meanwhile, is cordial to a fault during his talk with Juan Pablo. "I would prefer that if your heart isn't there, [you] not ask her to marry you," he says politely, before concluding the heart-to-heart with, "Thank you for your time."

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/the-bachelor-season-18-hometown-dates/

I'm not defending JP at all.

Another thing that bugs me is, didn't Chris act all buddy buddy with JP and go to crash viewing parties at the beginning of the season? If yes, that is kind of hypocritical of Chris because at that point the entire season had been filmed and, according to him, had been frustrated with JP for a long time. (That nature of "reality" tv though, you get paid to be hypocritical, among other things.)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was thinking that as well but I guess Chris had to play along at least at the start. It could have been a ratings problem if viewers knew that Chris disliked Juan before the first episode even hit the air.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Nah, I believe Chris saw the viewer reaction as the season went on and jumped on that bandwagon. And I like Chris!! Everyone was icky this sea on! Chris included.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Missy- you are describing a narcissist. That is what JP is. I have a mother and 2 sisters like that and it is so terrible. I have had to cut ties with them. The torture that my family and I have had to endure is sickening. I hope Nikki get's out and fast. Everything will always be her fault and it could ruin her.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Happymom, I wouldn't doubt that Nikki's dad said something similar, but although I don't remember to a "t" what Andi's dad said, it struck me much more and stayed with me. And the wording that JP chose to quote Nikki's dad (I'm sure the two dads had the same sentiment) was definitely from Andi's.

But then that doesn't surprise me. When each girl asked him how he felt meeting their families I feel like he had the same vague reaction to each of them. Of course he didn't bother imprinting each family in his mind. He didn't care that much so I think all the girls families blurred together.

Yup, I noticed that right away.

Glad I'm not the only one, Ann!! Instantly, when he started blathering on to her about why he wasn't giving her the ring I was like "Wait....whaaa??" that was Andi's dad that said that!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I have the best conversations with people, while standing in line at the grocery store, and we see Juan Pablo's face on a magazine. So far he hasn't been real popular!

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Sharleen was the only one JP was interested in, after she left he knew he would not ask any of the others to marry him. I think he really started fighting production after that as they tried to "force" him into the same old fake stuff they make the Bachelors(ettes) say and do each season.

Juan really liked Renee as a friend which is why he kept her around so long. He really did not want to hurt her and he was very sensitive (cried) when he had to send many of them home.

I think the "produced reality" part surprised him.

I also think his family was aware he was not interested in the remaining ladies and that he was not going to propose to anyone.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
A girl at work who only watched a few episodes and part of the last show was mad a Chris.

She said Chris should not have kept badgering him. JP and Nikki should be left alone and given time for their love to grow.

I argued a little but she was adamant.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I lost a little respect for Chris who I have always adored. He should have been above it. I don't care how he felt personally. I know, I know, he put up with him all season. But he is the host, and he should have kept that off the final show. He could have blogged about it later, etc, to get his feelings out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Not sure if I read it on Chris's blog or another site, but someone said the reason Chris kept badgering JP was that he wanted Nikki to realize that she was swearing her love to this guy who won't even say whether he's in love with her. It really made me feel bad for Nikki. I think she's got a rude awakening ahead of her. And when they break up, JP will be saying, "Woo! I'm sure glad I didn't give her a ring!" It's always everyone else's fault when things go wrong and eventually it will be Nikki's.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Actually, even tho I thought Chris was trying to help Nikki, his own blog says he was trying to help JP. In fact, he believed JP did love Nikki, but his stubbornness and inability to express real emotion was what held him back from saying it.

That's not how I saw it, just relating what Chris H said in his own blog.