TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 11, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor - Juan Pablo - General Discussion: Archive through March 11, 2014 users admin

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
The entire finale was just a train wreck. I thought Chris overdid it with asking JP if he loved Nikki so many times. She had to be humiliated every time he wouldn't answer. It had to have been a season from hell for every one involved.

You would have thought that since JP has already been on the show, he would have known how things work.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree that Chris should have taken the high road a bit. The question about whether he loved Nikki was more humiliating to Nikki than to JP. That's why I think he was trying to make a point... to her.

Whenever JP is faced with criticism, he always blames the other person, so it doesn't matter one bit to him. We saw that time and time again, like when the women who left gave him a few words. ("Glad I didn't pick her!")

Chy

07-19-2003

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
My thoughts:

I think CH was just happy he got to say things different from the usual mold. Seems to me CH was trying hard to stifle his glee at being able to cut loose and reach blood with slashes. It was fun to a degree. But with this same mindset, I've also enjoyed the out-of-the-mold Finale. Viewers didn't have to endure JP's "private struggle btw two wonderful choices", "shopping for ring", and some other nonsense in the reg. formula they feed us in the Final Rose epi.. So for these reasons I am conflicted about CH & JP's behavior.

But I still don't like Clare. She's been leading him on all season, although it was only a few weeks of filming, there's no way JP would expect that backlash from her. This is not the same as blaming a rape victim type of comments. ... Clare might not be fond of the blunt vocab JP threw at her, but if she had ever "researched" about the show, she'd knew what most people "imagine" the bachelor does w/ the girls who made finales.

I also believed that JP did tell the production he'd bring them surprises for ATFR show when Nikki accepted his final rose.
As Brenda, Sea and others talked about, JP pretty much expected to be invited on DWTS at that time. He probably had the plan to invite Nikki to CA, appearing as live-in couple, explore opportunities on more screen time and cash. He knows that would give him the chance to please the production should they announce that they're moving in together, going to know each other better, .... rather than having a long distance relationship and nothing else to show the invested viewers.
But, as of last night, JP no longer felt obligated towards production or CH. He stood his ground citing privacy, however foolish in others' eyes. And since he already not giving crap about haters "hiding behind computers", JP and his peeps may have consider this his high road of getting out of this mess he'd created.

I am really confused about the situation concerning his Ex though. Maybe they're secretly married still? Maybe everybody there is living off his dad's dime? Whoever only owes $300/mon. on child support? What does she have to gain from this whole arrangement?
Very strange.

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
At the supermarket just now, there was a new People at the checkout with JP on the cover and the comments were just reaming him, even claiming he "was bad in bed" according to his ex. Guess being on that show will do him no favors but "it ees was it ees" as he would say.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I haven't read any of this thread yet or any blogs/recaps.

What bothers me most from the entire 3 hours last night is how much Chris was asking over and over and on JP's case about whether he loves Nikki - in front of Nikki! I feel bad for her for having to sit there and listen to that.

The main feeling I got was that Chris was quite bothered because JP didn't want to play the game. He is one of the show's producers. If what was posted upthread (several times throughout this season) is true about the producers hating JP, then I think JP not playing along with the role they had in mind for him/the usual game is the reason why.

And honestly, I am not bothered by that. Now, if it's clear in his contract that he has to follow some type of script, that he is an employee, well that is something different than the show holds itself out to be.

It doesn't bother me at all that JP didn't propose. If he wasn't feeling it, good for him for not proposing. I did feel sad for Nikki being so disappointed that he didn't propose. And I think it was pretty bad for him to not make it a more romantic moment. Telling her not to be cranky, pretty bad.

I liked him through most of the season, I wanted him to be a good guy. I hope he is. I think part of him is good, he was good and seemingly caring a lot of the time with the women. I think, like a lot of people, he has a bad side too. He's too rude and too defensive and he comes across (to me) as having a quick temper.

I agree with him that we only see a few hours compared to the many many hours he spends with the women. I can see that if he wasn't following along like the producers wanted him to, they would choose to leave in the more negative things he's said.

I remember Chris saying (a few weeks ago) that they had to talk to JP about apologizing to Clare in Viet Nam. I can see defensive JP not liking that and possibly beginning to dig his heels in and not do as he was told by the producers. I can see if that started a power struggle than just got worse and worse for the rest of the season.

I wish Chris had talked to Des last night. She knew him more than Sean and Catherine. I think they may have been told to say some of the things they said.

I was very surprised that Chris H. said that JP does love Nikki but wouldn't say it. Again, I felt bad for Nikki because maybe JP just has not gotten to that place with her, or maybe he isn't sure because they haven't had a chance to be in real regular life together yet.

I know we saw a lot of warnings by JP's family to both women. I just wonder about all the other things we didn't see. There could have been a lot of positive things.

Anyway, now it's all over. The thing I disliked most the whole season is that JP said those homophobic things.

I didn't like him a lot and I didn't like Clare too well either. I think she is a nice person probably, but her personality just doesn't appeal to me. I wasn't too much of a Nikki fan either.

And I don't really like Andi. I wish she wasn't the bachelorette. I thought she didn't come across too well when she dumped JP. I'll probably watch her season though because if they could get me to actually like Ali as the bachelorette when I couldn't stand her on Jake's season, maybe I'll enjoy Andi's season.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
"When Clare tells Juan Pabs' mom Nelly that she's in love with her son, Mama responds with the impassive stare of a sphinx -- though she's honest when Clare asks if Juan Pablo has any problematic personality traits. "He's hyperactive... He sometimes is very rude," Nelly continues, telling Clare that Juan Pabs has made her cry with his "honesty, and he say the things a little bit rude." Clare is determined to hear "my son is a good communicator who shares his feelings freely" instead of "my son has brought me to tears with his nasty personality."

Kristin Baldwin is so funny! That is from her recap (I haven't read the whole thing) at http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/the-bachelor-juan-pablo-finale/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Frankly, I think most of those women had JP's number at some point, either during or after.

Clare knew after his rude remark to her, but she had invested so much she didn't want to believe it. That's why when he told her goodbye, she was ready to let him have it, she couldn't deny it any more.

I was surprised Chris said JP loved Nikki, I don't think he does.

I don't know if it was that JP didn't play along or follow their instructions, as much as they realized they had picked a cad for the bachelor at some point, and they just didn't like him.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I'm totally with you Happymom. I'm no fan of Andi, but I probably will watch (I refused to watch Alis season because I thought she was a mean girl.. and she ends up being very loved)I'll end up watching because by the end of May most other shows are finished and its become one of my summer shows.

I really didn't like Chris badgering him to say he loved her...and I respected JP for not proposing after a month or so. But.....

I DO sense, that he had no intention of getting married & I believe he did this for fame only...

Things are crashing in on him and he's getting defensive... by his own doing of course.. quite a few rude comments along the way doesn't endear him to anyone

I did feel bad for Clare until she got sucked right back in... I loved her exit but man, the runner up is always hurt by being strung along... its the nature of the show..

Nikki did look like a deer in headlights...

The whole season was a bust... very awkward and weird.. train wreck for sure

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Here is Reality Steve's recap: The “Bachelor” Finale Recap Including an Exclusive Look at 9 Guys on Andi’s Season

Whether you like him or not it might be interesting to read because he answers these three questions-

1) What did Juan Pablo say to Clare in the helicopter?
2) What surprise was Chris Harrison promoting all show that never happened?
3) What happened two weeks ago that gave Juan Pablo and Nikki a “change of plans" in their relationship?

As per the title he does have SPOILERS for Andi's season of The Bachelorette but all it is is biography info on 9 of the guys and one he thinks we should keep an eye out for (but no actual SPOILER SPOILERS, filming doesn't start until March 12th so he really doesn;t know anything yet)

There are 5 pages when you click that link. You can easily read the first 3 which have none of the Andi stuff in them. Pages 4 and 5 are about Andi's season.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Kristin Baldwin complains about the pic in pic during the candle light viewing of the finale. I agree. It was so dark that I usually couldn't even tell who was in the pic in pic window let alone see the expression on their face.

I thought JP's dad was great! (Which reminds me that I am looking forward to seeing Andi's dad on her season. He's great too.)

I think it was unrealistic for Nikki to think JP would tell her he loves her during their last night together before the final day. Due to how conflicted the bach/ette is shown to usually be (between the final 2), I doubt they rarely (if ever) say I love you to either of the F2.

It was really odd that no Neil Lane stuff was shown, even though we saw the box so we know he picked out a ring. I wonder if Neil Lane was upset that he didn't get to appear on the show. Kristin Baldwin says the producers must have had other better footage to show us. Makes sense. (Although, if they had wanted to show us more of a love story, they could have. All that silence and quiet music and no ring selection footage. Oh well, I guess when you have the last words of "don't be cranky" from a bachelor who doesn't propose and has been rude and patronizing to the girls, maybe you don't want to paint more of a happy love story picture. I guess my point is that if the show's producers are upset that they didn't get the love story they wanted, they are partially to blame. Even with the last scene, they could have just cut it to them hugging after Nikki accepted the final rose. (Sorry for rambling.))

I also thought it was odd that both women talked first at that final rose ceremony. I don't think we've ever seen that before.

I liked how Clare didn't hug JP when she was being let go. I wasn't surprised by this "glad I didn't pick her remark". I hope for his daughter's sake that he doesn't show that side to her. He does not handle his own negative emotions very maturely, imo. He either shuts down or blames others. (Either because he thinks it's their fault or because they don't get what he proclaims as honesty. I think there is truth to that, but his rude manner of delivering his honesty at times is really off putting. And I don't think he gets that at all.) Maybe that is a protective mechanism for him just as Clare's anger helped protect her from further heartbreak.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Kar, interesting point about maybe Chris H. was trying to get something across to Nikki when he kept going on and on about JP not saying I love you etc. That thought had not crossed my mind.

Chris H will have his blog up later tonight. I think he may have been on GMA today. I recorded it just in case. I haven't had time to check it yet though.

I wonder if there will be a final blog from JP. I'm guessing no because he said he and Nikki were done with the show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kar... I agree with your point upthread that the reason Chris kept hammering JP about whether or not he loved Nikki was so Nikki could see she was wasting her time with him.

Y'all should read the twitters from the Bachelor/ette alumni that where there last night. They said the tension was off-the-charts.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had GMA on and I didn't see anything "extra" -- waste of time IMO.

As for last night -- wasn't the guy who left Dez's season sitting 2 chairs down from her? Awkward! I'd have rather they spent some time talking to all the alums. That looked more interesting to me!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I hate it when people like Juan make mean, thoughtless, inconsiderate and nasty comments and cover them up under the guise of "honesty".

"Oh I was just being honest!"

Nothing could be more untrue.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't think that was Brooks. It was hard to tell. There were two guys that I couldn't tell who they were. Arie was looking real nice. I'm really hoping he is on BP this summer, and being as the producers really like him, he will most likely be asked because he was very popular.

I kept waiting for Dez to wipe the sweat off her brow and go "whew, I dodged a bullet with JP."

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It was Brooks. I even rewound the DVR to make sure! I'm sure it's okay because she has Chris. That makes me wonder if Brooks and Arie are going to be on Bach Pad. I was surprised they didn't advertise that one -- but maybe they will during BAch-ette?

ETA the other guy was Michael Garafola.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, even his mother didn't accept his worlds words as being 'honest.'

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
oops, words, not worlds. I bet a kind moderator could fix it for the right price. lol

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Since JP just stood there while both girls spouted off I am sure they were told to do so.

What a good way to humiliate yourself if you are Clare.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree with everything you said Happymom.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, how did Clare humiliate herself? I would have loved for her to have left that night and forego the final rose ceremony, but I have absolutely no problem with what she said at the alter. He had it coming ten-fold.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't know that anyone was told to tell him off. It seemed to me that Clare just really wanted to believe in him, even though something in her was telling her it wasn't right.

As long as she thought he was still into her, she was hanging on to that last hope. Once he found out he really wasn't into her, she let him have it.

Frankly, it's not at all unusual for people to let someone have 'what for' in a break up.

I think the humiliating thing was when she talked to him that night, and she let him talk her back into things (we'll have a baby in four months). That's part of why she was so angry, he had a chance to say "I don't know, I'm not sure I know you well enough." But he didn't. He implied they would be a family.

That was just mean.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
As far I remember, there are always two girls at the end, and one goes home broken hearted. Clare knew that was a possibility, right?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh sure, she knew that. That wasn't the issue. It was how JP handled it. The very crude comment the day before. Her expressing her concerns that it was all physical for him. Him assuring her that they would have babies together.

so, yeah, it's one thing to say, it was really a hard choice and blah, blah, blah. It's another to say, hey, I really like to (bleep) you, and goodbye.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
It's another to say, hey, I really like to (bleep) you, and goodbye.

lol Kar, 100% right