TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 11, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor - Juan Pablo - General Discussion: Archive through March 11, 2014 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wonder if he thinks he can get away with keeping that ring? Or thought, since I doubt that they let him take it home.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think a very lucrative job is coming JP's way because David Beckham is bringing Soccer to Miami. I wouldn't be surprised if JP isn't picked for some position in the management of the team.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure he'd be chosen after some comments he has made recently.

It was clear that the big change that took place the night of WTA (Women Tell All) was that they found out he was NOT doing DWTS, and thus their plans to join each other in Los Angeles were shattered.

So now they have to decide if they move together or stay apart..

But really.. I have this ring but I'm not going to give it to you; don't get cranky.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 3:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Y'all are right. He did tell Clare that he didn't really know her but he did like to **** her.

Their plans did change two weeks ago when he wasn't offer DWTS. Producers wanted Nikki in the audience every week so people wouldn't think this show was a joke and she was being loving and supportive of him while he was on DWTS.

As far as the ring goes, I remember reading something a while back that they only get to keep the ring if they get married within two years. JP will probably be returning that ring very soon.

As far as what the "surprise" was, this is where Chris Harrison is being a little disingenuous. The producers offered JP money if he would propose to Nikki on the ATFR show - but he would have to get married to receive the "bonus." It would have been a little awkward for him to get married since Carla lives with him and his parents.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I thought it was funny when Chris looked at them and said "I don't know what I am looking at."

I thought JP said he only saw his daughter on the week ends.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 4:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
He probably said it, but it's not true. Carla and Camilla live with JP and his parents.

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I watched part of the 10pm show to see what all the talk about Juan Pablo was about--I could never stomach to watch this show otherwise--and all I've got to say is UGH, what a nasty idiot he is. What were they thinking, naming this fool 'The Bachelor'?

When the host commented on "showering that off" after JP's segment, I could totally relate. I felt like I wanted to take a shower the whole 20 or so minutes I watched this tool. How y'all managed a whole season is beyond me. UGGGGHHHHH. And that woman who sat by him, cringing all the time she wasn't smiling up at him what's wrong with her??? (Well, besides absolutely NO self-esteem whatsoever, that is.) And the runner-up wasn't much better either. I can only hope she spoke her mind to him PRIOR to getting the boot, not after. (did she, btw?)

Someone should lock all those women in a room and have them read some feminist literature! Maybe something would click.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Well, we did finally see "the most shocking rose ceremony EVER!".

I can't make heads or tails over what happened. Did JP really think he was a lock for DWTS? Is that what changed everything two weeks ago?

I don't know if I could have sat there the way Nikki did professing my love on national TV to a guy would doesn't love me back.

I guess Nikki decided to go with the "let's take it from here" script. I felt sorry for her.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I felt sorry for her Nikki too. I think she was in a lose-lose situation so she just took the path of least resistance. Maybe playing along will yield her some other opportunity -- maybe a gig on Bach pad? She's young and maybe that plays into it as well.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Geez that was a painful show. Not sure about the potential of "love" between JP and Nikki but for sure there's no "love" between JP and Chris and probably the whole Bachelor production staff for that matter. I can't say I was surprised though as we didn't see the same close and chatty exchanges between Chris and JP during the season. It's almost like they regretted the whole season from the get go. As for Nikki and JP....run Nikki run.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Reenie, he did think he was a lock for DWTS. Why do you think every week we were subjected to "I looooooooooove dance - Ess okay!!!"? I called it at the very beginning of this season when came out three months ago what a douche JP was that ABC would not honor Mike Fleiss's agreement to put him on DWTS - there was no way these female dancers will want to partner with JP.

<99> But I think the producers' dislike of JP was intense enough that they gave Nikki a better edit than she deserved. She only had three friends in the house - Andi, Kelly and Sharleen. I thought it was funny whenever they talked about women in the house that didn't like JP, the cameras would focus on Sharleen and Kelly. They absolutely hated him.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
RS had some great tweets last night:

RealitySteve ‏@RealitySteve 15h
Amazing how when these audience shows aren't taped in advance, the audience doesn't make stupid facial expressions.

RealitySteve ‏@RealitySteve 14h
So he only has a physical connection with Clare? Join the club. Signed, every other girl this season.

RealitySteve ‏@RealitySteve 14h
You'll totally fit into that family Clare. You know, if you want to share a 2 bdrm Miami condo w 8 other people.

RealitySteve ‏@RealitySteve 13h
And she told him off. Best. Exit. Ever.
Expand

And my favorite:

RealitySteve ‏@RealitySteve 13h
Boom! And that's how you spoil a season my friends...(drops mic)...

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Lexie girl..so you think he was promised a spot on DWTS if he did the Bachelor? Is Mike Fleiss connected to DWTS?

It will be interesting to see what happens with JP and Nikki. I bet she hops the first flight home and so does he. Done and over.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Mike Fleiss told him if he did The Bachelor, JP would more than likely get be on DWTS. Mike is not connected to DWTS but they have had a couple from the franchise go on DWTS since they are obviously on the same network.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie...makes sense.

I just read that usually the couple does a tour around various media outlets, but JP and Nikki are done.

So, I guess "doing the show for the right reasons" (even though I laugh every time they say it) does matter.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
They can't be done Reenie, he has to take her out for the hamburger he promised her!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I think Clare redeemed herself (and her self esteem) when she told him off at the very end. Good for her! I know this was a painful learning experience for her but she triumphed and will be better for it. She, at least, can move on with her head held high.

Nikki, however, seemed like a deer in the headlights. She does not have enough strength to stand for herself and see this "fantasy" as it really is….a FANTASY. It amazes me how much these gals feed themselves a story and then manipulate their perceptions to back their belief that they are truly in love.

JP was a sleezebag from the beginning and never really changed colors. I hope he fades quickly from all our media venues. I don't see him as a a "catch" at all. Yuck!

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I am going to take an unpopular stance. I did not find it at all amusing the way Chris continued to bash JuanPablo, after he was gone off the stage. It was over, he was gone, no need to continue to bash him. The whole night was uncomfortable, and I was not amused at the continued references Chris made while introducing Andi as the next Bachelorette. Let it go, and let's move on! It made Chris look very petty in my mind.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
On that note, Mamapors, I guess JP didn't need Chris's help in looking bad….he did that all by himself. Chris should have realized that and left it alone. We can all see what kind of guy JP is. I guess Chris wanted to make sure we all knew what the entire production staff thought of him as well.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I didn't mind the remarks until Andi came on stage. I felt like it took away from her debut. I'm sure she's ready to move on and I didn't appreciated that Chris's comments seemed to still be stuck back at his JuanP interview rather than starting fresh with Andi and talking about her season.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I didn't really mind what Chris said. He had a whole season to put up with JP's antics and he was very happy it was over and done with.

I thought Andi handled everything very well and I hope all goes well for her in her season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The reason I have no problem with Chris's remarks is JP was paid very handsomely and he returned the favor by acting a douchebag - and not just with the girls but he kept cutting Chris off during the ATFR. As manipulative as production is on this show, they had every right to be pissed. I can't ever remember a season where almost all the girls hated the Bachelor.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
My feelings have nothing to do with JuanPablo. They made Chris look petty and childish.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Bottom line was that production had an hour of live show time to fill last night. If Chris hadn't harped on Juan Pablo there would have been 45 minutes of dead air space.
Until last night, I felt somewhat bad for JP.
I think he got into this for the wrong reasons, but that production also took advantage of him, his language and communication issues, his lack of familiarity with the whole Bachelor franchise and made him look like more of a tool than he probably is in real life. Similar to the way they made Jason Mesnick look after the Molly/Melissa fiasco. If the rumors are true, props to JP for not being manipulated into a fake proposal.
The only one that showed any composure and class last night was Clare. She did her obligatory interview, holds no grudges, and showed she's in a good place and has moved on. As much as the drama may have been entertaining to watch, I was happy for Clare that she didn't feel the need to even speak with Juan Pablo.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Maybe JP got on his last nerve. Must have been a really tough season where he had to hold his tongue a lot. Perhaps this was his way of venting and getting it out. Professional? Probably not but totally human!

I think JP thinks he is the great communicator, super sensitive to the women and their feelings, and someone to be desired because he is "such a good parent". If I hear him using his child one more time I will get sick. Other bachelors have had children and haven't pushed that angle quite like he did. I think he used it as his "way out" several times. I didn't ever see him talk with any of the women with regard to parenting styles, interests in family, etc. He thinks a deep kiss, moaning and his "accent" will get him someplace with women. I think most all of them saw him for who he was. He just didn't come across very well and was obviously not well liked. Again, I hope he disappears quickly from our media venues.