TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 05, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor - Juan Pablo - General Discussion: Archive through March 05, 2014 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Tweet from Juan Pablo:

Juan Pablo Galavis ‏@JuanPaGalavis · 21h
Pleasure MEETING Kermit and Miss. Piggy... @Carla_Andreina and Camila LOVED them... pic.twitter.com/PK1rkUogsy

Juan and Family

https://twitter.com/JuanPaGalavis/status/440655587408625664/photo/1

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Sharleen would make a very unusual bachelorette. But that would probably never happen...neither side would be interested.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Andi found out she was the next Bachelorette the day before they filmed WTA.

Sharleen could not stand JP, but she had to be a good little soldier and go along with this story the producers concocted about how conflicted she was because it didn't look good that the only reason she went on the show was for the travel, etc., not because she had to leave because of her previously scheduled concert.

Bachelor Pad will be back this summer and all of the girls are "auditioning" and will say whatever the producers want as long as it means they are in consideration for BP. They know if they piss off the producers they have no shot at getting on BP.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Sharleen kissed JP in a way that did not look like she could not stand him altogether. I had to keep reading my sentence to see if all those "nots" conveyed what I meant.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Lexie, is Sharleen auctioning for BP too? If she is, she may be the female version of JP, except more intelligent.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I actually liked that Sharleen stood up for Juan Pablo. I felt bad for him being attacked on the WTA, I really think he is just a self-centered man who doesn't think before speaking. I don't think he is hateful, I think he is just...eeeh.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Sharleen was one of the first to kiss him with serious tongue action. It was a little uncomfortable for me to watch. It was clear he was attracted to her from the beginning. I think he is drawn to women who come across as very intelligent, and are beautiful. Maybe he is trying to balance out his lack of intelligence…..

She clearly had a physical attraction to him but it was evident that there was not much more, despite her standing up for him at the show.

I, too, don't think he is hateful…just clueless!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Roblover, they are ALL auditioning for BP. This summer's version could have quite the cast of characters - and I can't wait!!!

Missy2

07-31-2001

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
clueless is a good word. felt for him in the hot seat. i don't think sharleen ever liked him, she is so odd! I can't imagine much will come out of the final two girls either! Hope we don't see him return as the bachelor again.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, totally clueless and self-absorbed, not unlike a lot of men out there. I didn't see anything hateful or intentionally mean. I think Sharleen was probably surprised herself at how attracted she was to a himbo. Her brain was telling her one thing, but her body something else. LOL.

I'm just glad Bach Pad is back! That's great news. I'll even accept JP on there.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
JP would probably "thrive" on BP.

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
I have a friend who explained to me that Juan Pablo not asking about a women's past like what school she attended or her favorite color and is only concerned with himself is how males are raised in his country. She has a male friend who's father acts the same way.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'll be shocked if JP is on BP. The producers don't like him. Even Chris Harrison who is constantly bloviating and has been known to "exaggerate the truth" about something that happens on the show to cover for a particular Bachelor or Bachelorette doesn't even like JP. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I think there is a better pool of contestants to pick from.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought he did ask Sharleen a lot of questions (or so she says). Which only means she was the only one he was really interested in.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Missy, Sharleen's behavior was considered odd because she really disliked JP from the get-go, but she wanted to stay on so she could travel, party with the girls, etc. etc. etc. even if it meant sticking her tongue down JP's throat if that meant she would get a rose and a free trip to wherever.

I think when they cast BP we will see quite a few girls from JP's season, and quite a few guys from Emily's season. I don't know how many guys will make it from Dez's season because her guys were very unpopular. And from Sean's season, I could see Tierra making it on BP. I honestly don't remember anyone else from Sean's season. I guess it all depends how far back the producers want to go. If they go too far back, some of the contestants may be hard to remember.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
What is Bachelor Pad anyway? I mean a quick description of the premise of the show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Bachelor Pad is my not-so-secret guilty pleasure. They take former Bachelor/ette contestants and they live in a mansion and most of them end up hooking up with more than one person over the summer. They have a series of competitions and eliminations. The grand prize is $250,000.00 (I think - someone may need to clarify this) to be split among the final two if they agree to share the prize. Two years ago when it was on, someone didn't agree to share the prize and kept the money to himself.

They usually put the more memorable contestants on BP.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's kind of like a college frat party with former Bach contestants. Lots of drama and over drinking. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If all that is true about Sharleen, it's odd to me that the producers decided to hide that and portray her in such a positive way? They certainly have portrayed many other people in the past as being there for "the wrong reasons" as they say. Why treat Sharleen differently?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, the last thing the producers want is for the average viewing audience that doesn't read spoilers to know that it is fake. Do you think they really want it out there that she only came on the show for the travel and the parties and had no intention of staying past mid-October?

Besides, they love it when it is discovered that someone came on that has a boyfriend or girlfriend at home that they can drag on the show to humiliate the contestant.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah,I'm thinking like Jimmer is on this one. They don't seem to hesitate to throw people under the bus that are there for the "wrong reasons". Just adds to the drama. I can't see them protecting her. We *know* people go on there just for the experience and not for the proposal!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, you are missing the point. The average viewer that doesn't read "behind the scenes spoilers," doesn't comprehend the amount of producer manipulation on this show. They love it when someone comes on the show that has a significant other at home. They love to drag that significant other on the show, or at least call him or her out on it before asking that person to leave. They LOOOOOOOOOOOVE that drama. They will advertise it for weeks before it actually airs on the show.

But the one thing the producers don't want the average viewer to know is the joke was on them with Sharleen. She had to be out of there by mid-October because she had a concert in Germany at the end of the month. She took them for a couple of trips, but instead of having her just come out and admit that she used them and she's gotta go, they concoct this cockamamie story that she's conflicted and stuff (when she actually couldn't stand JP). She absolutely had to leave that night because it was the last rose ceremony before her concert because of the hometown dates. The last thing the producers want the average person who isn't clued in on what is going on is that the joke was on them because Sharleen got some really nice trips out of it - LA, S. Korea, Vietnam, New Zealand and Miami.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I don't see any reason why they would protect her. It serves no purpose. If they had juicy footage of her saying what a tool he was and rolling her eyes, I think they would have aired it in a heartbeat. That's drama! It's all about the drama and "good TV". If they had any footage they could use, I'm sure they would have aired it.

And I'm sure she's not the first to pull a fast one on them. She may have had a hard date and a concert to get to, but I'm sure this has happened before -- people playing along to go on good trips.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think they would have aired that as well. Didn't they do something like that on Ashley's season?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
They have aired girls going on the show with boyfriends back home, and guys on the show with a girlfriend back home, but I don't remember anything like Sharleen's situation where she had a pre-existing "commitment" so to speak. Now Bentley left during Ashley's season because he was pissed the Bachelorette wasn't Emily, and the producers were crucified because they put him on the show when he stated before leaving that he was only going for Emily. Chris Harrison was doing some major backpedaling on his blog because they were getting slammed by the viewers for putting Bentley on the show.

Brenda, I don't think there is anything I can say to you to convince you it isn't real - especially since you don't read spoilers or behind-the-scenes footage.