TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 26, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor - Juan Pablo - General Discussion: Archive through February 26, 2014 users admin

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
All his "hair playing", touching faces, stroking ears, etc. reminds me of a monkey grooming another monkey.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, you give JP way too much credit. JP is an absolute tool. When 20-something women from his season don't like him and the producers and crew can't stand him... he's a tool.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Anyone who isn't spoiled only knows what we've been shown on tv. I have no clue that 20 something women don't like him. I know Andi doesn't like him.

Kristen Baldwin recaps each episode at EW Popwatch. (She's quite funny at times.) In re to Andi, she said something indicating that Andi should have known he'd be into talking about himself, all the bachelors/ettes get paid to have everyone focus on them.

I do think part of the problem is the language barrier. Also, from what I've seen on the show, JP doesn't come across as a jerk to me except during his convo with Andi after the fantasy suite night. I agree with a lot of what Lakecat has posted.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
This link won't work but you can use it to get to JP's latest blog. From there you can read his blog from yesterday re the meet the family dates.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20790990,00.html

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/02/26/chris-harrison-bachelor-blog-andi-nightmare/

<fixed link -jr>

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/the-bachelor-season-18-overnight-dates-juan-pablo/

That links to last night's recap. In a previous recap, Kristin Baldwin guessed that if Sharlene hadn't left when she did, she thought Clare would have been the one sent home.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I think you give the cast of the Bach shows too much credit for acting ability. These are not people with the craft of acting. They can't turn the tears on full blast on queue. JP really appears to be the same ego-manic kind of guy I met out dancing at the local bar. No more special and no worse. He's playing a role for the show for sure and I think he's being nicer than he would in real life (as I think he avoids emotion and confrontation unless he chooses to be the one berating you -- can't wait to hear what his family says about him.) We all know he's playing nice. But he's just so shallow! And I think once the girls got out of the fantastic locations and the wonderful set up dates and activities they realize there's nothing there. He's a himbo and he seems to lack a social filter with his over-honesty.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Happymom for the links. I'll go read it.
Jake Pelveka was the worse, so was the guy from Austin who didn't choose anyone. Both of them
We're as shallow as JP. I think the first Bachelor was sort of a jerk and then there was that navy officer guy he was boring. And then the professional fisherman. None of them are that great, I see JP as status quo.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'll agree that Jake was the worse because not only was he icky and mean, I think he's fairly bright, whereas JP is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He's a pretty jock and has likely gotten by just fine on those two assets -- that plus the accent.

I didn't watch the first season and I can't even remember who the fisherman was. But yes, we've had loser bachelors in the past for sure.

But I disagree that we are as shallow! Sure, we're watching a lame TV show, but I'm quite confident that in real life we are all charming and bright and real and deep. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I didn't say he was a good actor, but JP has made no secret that the only reason he is doing this is to further his acting career, as little as it is, and to be on DWTS (not to mention the money he is paid because he is behind in child support). Don't ever think for a minute he is crying at these rose ceremonies because he's sad about sending these girls home. He could give a flying flip about any of them.

Every girl that has been eliminated or left on her own is breathing a sigh of relief.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I was not surprised when he blamed everything on Andi because he did the same little trick with Clare in the after-the-ocean segment. I mentioned at the time this is the way he operates. I have had experience with people like that. They always turn things around.

He may not have said the word "default" but I thought i heard him mumble an admittance that he may have said something that means that, but still he could not understand the reason that would upset her. : - )

My hope is that in the Women Tell All they do not pick on each other but instead talk about how self-absorbed he is.

The segment when he was interacting with the children at that picnic table during one of the dates last night made me uncomfortable because he was so fake.

I laughed when he told one of the women he wanted a good mother figure because when he was out of town they would have to take care of his daughter. I could see him going away with Carla and leaving the "winner" to babysit and then not understand why that was not okay.

The whole show, other than the interaction with children, gave me lots of laughs last night because no one got hurt and Andi learned some useful information she can apply to future relationships.

Nicki seems she is in-it-to-win-it even if a mannequin were the bachelor. I hope it is the same for Clare. It would be a shame if she really has fallen him.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I have only watched a few times, but JP strikes me as someone who never 'officially' breaks up with a girl. I would see him as someone who would go the not calling, aloof route. The girl starts pushing and he pushes back... laying it all on her, to get the girl to leave. So, when he crys at the rose ceremonies, I think that's probably as real as it gets with him. Because he may never had to tell a girl no, it's hard for him to do so.

He reminds me of someone that I dated years ago. He's a player, through and through, and says what he thinks you want to hear just to appease any concerns you might have. I never believe anyone who says, multiple times, that they are just trying to be honest with you.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Exactly Kooklie-- I have the same hunch. Those are real tears at the rose ceremony. Even though he's there for the money and fame, he's bound to have a feeling in there somewhere, even a repressed one. I can see him forever dodging a girl and then putting everything back on her so that she just leaves in a huff. I can't see him ever breaking up with one in person! I'm sure the rose ceremony totally freaks him out. I'm surprised he doesn't pee his pants! I'm sure he's never done anything like it before! To actually reject someone in person is a scary thing to do and frankly he doesn't have the man-parts for it!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kristen Baldwin always writes a good blog. However, if Sharleen hadn't eliminated herself, I think they would have gone home in the same order and the F2 would be Sharleen and Nikki. JP needs to have someone at the end that he can break up with easily. Sharleen would have been the better pick because she lives in Europe and tours. JP could always say they couldn't make it work because of Sharleen's career. Nikki is not a very likable person so it will be easy to break up with her when the time is right (after DWTS).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Didn't JP's family say he was difficult in the previews, or something like that?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My absolute favorite part of the whole discussion was when Andi was saying that he never asked anything about her, her religion, her political views, he just didn't seem to care to know anything about her... the "conversation" went on for a couple of sentences and JP said, "What is my religion?"... like he was trying to say she didn't know very much about him or something like that.... She said 'Catholic' kind of defiantly .. he just kind of looked down. Cracked me up... As soon as he asked her, I knew she would know the answer.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Yes, Karuuna, I believe his father was shown in the previews saying JP could be difficult.

I agree Brenda and Kookliebird, that the RCs were probably the first time he had to accept responsibility for a break up. I think those tears were for himself though and had nothing to do with being sorry he was hurting someone. Kinda like when a child cries after getting caught doing something bad. Are the tears because they are sorry for what they did or tears because they got caught and as a result were in that situation?

Kookliebird, I like when he was talking to himself about how it was over as soon as Andi started arguing and he mumbled something about how he was not going to fight with an attorney.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah... don't argue with him!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That's great example Roblover and I think you're right. He cries like a kid with his hand caught in the cookie jar, not because you don't get any cookies, but because he got caught.

And yes, can't wait to hear what his family says. the one snip in the previews is likely the only dirt they spill, but should be interesting.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, I thought he asked Andi what HER religion was.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Maybe I misunderstood.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nope, I think you're correct, Kookliebird. He did ask her, "What's MY religion?" Just to test her that he wasn't the only one not paying attention. Backfire! She knew the answer!

I totally respect and admire Andi for deciding this is not the guy for her and getting the heck out of Dodge. The whole reason they had to have that long conversation/argument was because the producers wanted it for the drama. My husband actually watched that part with me and even he pegged JP for being emotionally unavailable. He wants arm candy, he doesn't want someone to be his equal. I also find it so annoying how he's always squeezing the earlobes, playing with the hair, etc. I loved when Andi was trying to talk to him and he was messing with her eyebrow and she snapped, "Don't mess with my makeup!" It's kind of a control thing.

I thought Andi dumping him was the most awesome breakup we've ever seen on this show. Andi is too smart for JP. I did get annoyed with her, though, when she kept trying to get him to understand why it was not okay to keep saying "it's okay." Like talking to a wall. He's never going to understand. My hubby and I have been walking around all afternoon telling each other, "It's okay" just to make each other laugh.

I would like to see Andi as the next Bachelorette. She is smart and knows what she wants. She's not gonna accept any BS. He dad must have been very proud when he saw how she handled herself.

I can't wait to see both Clare and Nikki dump him in two weeks.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kooklie is correct. She accused him of not even knowing what religion she was, and he did not respond. Then he asked her what religion he was, and yup, she knew.

I think she is correct, that he is rather self-centered, and he does kind of minimize concerns any of the women have by saying "it's okay, it's okay." But then he also is very pushy about them being revealing to him, kind of badgers them if they don't tell him what they're thinking... it's kind of annoying.

However, I do think some of the issues are language-oriented. Still pretty sure he never said default, it doesn't seem to be in his repertoire. But no doubt he did say something to that effect that set Andi off.

I think it was good for Andi to talk to him, it helped her realize she absolutely was making the right decision. But I think she was still a bit angry/disappointed to carry it off effectively. She clearly still wanted him to show her *something*, anything to indicate that he actually cared about her, when it was clear that he didn't.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, super annoying how he's always asking what they are thinking and insisting they tell him! I thought he asked her what her religion was. Now I'm more impressed that she knew his -- I didn't realize she had put him in his place.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He definitely challenged her to say what his relgion was..

She did point out that all along he told her to trust him and she did try but I guess when she finally got a big chunk of time with him, nothing changed.

Remember,she was the one on the very first group date who was stuck with posing nude with just signs. There were two but the other woman who objected, the teacher, got to switch with the woman who liked being naked.

So he immediately asked her to step way out of her comfort Zone and she did..

Funny back then he didn't get freaked out about his daughter seeing those pictures.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
He's such a hypocrite! (Yikes! Had to spellcheck that word for sure!) First he started out kissing all the girls. Then he decides he needs to not kiss all the girls, because he has a daughter. Then he shames Clare for taking him swimming in the ocean at 4 o'clock in the morning, but it's okay for him to spend the night with 3 different women on 3 consecutive nights. What kind of example is THAT for his daughter? (Plus she's only 4. She shouldn't be watching this show in the first place!)