TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 26, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor - Juan Pablo - General Discussion: Archive through February 26, 2014 users admin

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Andi is mad because he didn't fall on his knees begging her to stay declaring his love. if she truly felt it just wasn't going to work, then just say that. why was she so insistent he sees her point of view. she said many times, no one wants to be with someone who makes you feel bad...absolutely right! she realized it about JP, but did she want him to say 'you are right. i am a horrible person' ???

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
I completely 100% agree with Andi.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
And when she brought him mentioning the overnight with Clare and he goes "I guess I didn't know you were going to take it like that." Uhhhhhhhh!!! Statements like that shift blame back onto the offended person and it drives me crazy!! Why cant he just say "I should not have said that."

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think she doth protest too much.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Where did Clare's eyes go? That sun must really be bright.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
What drives me crazy is that during that discussion between them he kept acting like 1) Andi should be bringing up the fact that she wants to talk about these "serious things". WTH?? I think she's trying to address that there is a serious problem because JP never wants to talk about those things!! He should want to know that stuff too! 2) everything is all about "you took that the wrong way" "you take this the wrong way". And making it all Andi's fault.

He is such a farce of a bachelor and his reaction to what she is trying to say to him proves it.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
me too, lakecat.
truly, if she realized he's not the guy for her, what differnce would it make for him to apologize? would she have suddenly changed her mind and said they were right for each other? when he realizes (or any bachelor or bachelorette for that matter) that one of the candidates is not right for them, he is supposed to go on and on about how they messed up? don't we always get mad at the bachelor when he is walking the rejectee to the car and he tries to make her feel better by telling her why she wasn't good enough or right for him?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Oh good, a shocking conclusion in two weeks! Wow! We never had one of those before.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think she wanted to see that he had some real feelings for her. When she said she was leaving, she expected more disappointment than he showed, for a woman he had kept till final three.

But honestly, it was clear he only liked her as long as she never had any needs of her own. She was right.

ETA: I'm pretty sure JP never used the word "default" however, that can't be in his vocabulary. But whatever he said gave her that impression, and that was really the point.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Andi figured it out! JP is as shallow as a toddler wading pool. He has zero depth. I think he cried when he eliminated people because he can't handle any real emotion. It's all surface stuff with him. Having girls weep over him probably scared the heck out of him. I'm sure he never has any kind or argument or confrontation with women in real life. Probably dumps them via text. LOL.

I can understand why she was angry, but you can't fight with someone that has no depth. And I can understand why his "it's okay" was really bugging her -- it's how he dismisses their feelings -- it's how he avoids any depth of feeling. Just brush it off -- it's okay!

What he wants is some mindless, bimbo arm candy who will laugh at all his stories and just look pretty for him! He's a himbo!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think she was just frustrated that he was so shallow and couldn't quite get that, despite her being attracted to him, he really WAS that shallow and kept proving it.

I think this frustrating argument actually allowed her to get in the van with no tears, just disgust/relief. So the exercise in futility was worth it for her.

I'm guessing that producers showed us this conversation to sort of spite Juan Pablo. Works for me.

And maybe in some small way she thought he would get what she was saying.

He kind of deserves the two he has left.

She had me convinced that he did say "default".. in that conversation. but I'm not up for rolling it back to check.

Its okay.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, you are correct. The producers can't stand JP and that is why they aired as much of that conversation as they did showing JP being a total jerk. And I think he said "default" when they were in the fantasy suite when the cameras weren't there.

Technically, the F4 were all there by default. Had Sharleen not eliminated herself because she had a concert, she probably would have been his final choice because the relationship would have amounted to nothing and they could both walk away from each other after the final rose. She could go back on tour, and he could go back to Carla.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We're hoping this group has broken the chain and that there won't be a bachelorette to come out of this show. My wife thinks Andi would be the only candidate but not a great one. As for JP....flakey would be an understatement.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I had to laugh when JP said "She'll never be my lawyer. She puts words in my mouth."

I have zero sympathy for Andi. I think she had some kind of agenda going on and when she didn't get her own way, she quit.

It's ok Andi.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I appreciate that Andi realized it didn't work. There were strange vibes between them before they went into the fantasy suite. I thought the way she told him was kind of mean? Then when she didn't get the reaction that she wanted she kept pushing him and brow beating him. It was OK that he it didn't work out. How did she expect him to react? He is pretty shallow, and its obvious but?? What can he say or do? Nada.

Anyone else really annoyed with him calling all of the women CUTE? Cute is a kitten. I'd hope to be sexy, beautiful or pretty. Maybe his English really is that terrible? The part where he describes Andi's cheeks? lol.

Seriously if Andi felt so yuck towards him why didn't she tell him in the fantasy suite? When it was private? Ya I know why...drama.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I forget which one said "Do you see the wheels turning?" (Nikki?)

JP "No"

Nikki "You don't!"

JP "I don't know what that means."

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
My wife wondered the same thing Dogdoc. Granted Andi hadn't had a huge amount of uninterrupted time with JP but, taking her per-fantasy suite statements at face value, something more substantial than what came out happened. She was pretty much convinced, at least verbally, that JP was the love of her life and 24 hours later he was one of the worst date she'd ever had. Hmmm..... Wonder if anything new and revealing will come out at the tell-all show next week?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think the reason he indicated "default"was because he had his doubts because she said she "badly wanted to fall in love" that bothered him because he felt like she may be forcing it so I think he meant he almost didn't pick her because of that reason. Not because he had to pick someone after Sharleen left.
I thought under the circumstances he handled Andis break up in the right way. He wasn't going to pour out his emotions in front of the cameras. I'm sure the producers make all the Bachelors stay as generic as possible until the finale. In fact I believe it was Claire who said that JP is not allowed to say I love you and how hard that would be to tell him when he can't say it back. Still don't really see him as a jerk per se but more like a typical man most of them are full of themselves. Maybe I'm jaded. Am I defending JP? Lol.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately I'd have to agree, that JP is not that unusual for a male -- self absorbed, shallow. I think he does take his "I'm just being honest" a bit too far and that he does avoid any kind of emotional depth. I'm sure he said some "honest" things in the fantasy suite that clued her in that she was in 3rd place. And just spending time alone in a room -- not on a fancy date or activity really gave her time to see how little is there with JP, other than a pretty face.

I don't mind him calling the girls cute. Nikki and Andi are "cute".

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that Juan is like a lot of men. He just isn't very deep or interested in women much beyond the physical aspect. If you want to think of something funny try to picture a guy like Juan posting at TVCH. Not a prayer of that happening.

That said, there are people who have been married for years who never talk to each other and that seems to work okay for both the man and the woman.

It all depends on what someone wants out of a relationship. Andi needs to find a guy who wants to talk to her. LOL - I'd do well with Andi.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I have to laugh every time I hear JP TRY to have a meaningful exchange with any of these women. He is not clear, mumbles, is too touchy-feely and has no substance. I can't believe any of these women think there is enough there to LOVE.

I think the women tend to live in their own fantasy world…..

This has been one of the most unpleasant Batchelor seasons for me. Hope they get back on track soon or they may loose their audience.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
sorry folks, I mean "Bachelor"…just ignore that "t"

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, how can you say he wasn't going to pour out his emotions in front of the camera? He cries for the camera at every single rose ceremony. At that point, it wouldn't have made a difference because Andi was out of there.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think he was told to emote.. as in act emotional. After all, he does want to parlay this into other opportunities.

While DWTS would only require him to deepen his accent, smile, exploit his child and his body, he wants more.

Or, he just needs to pay his back child support?

But I would have thought that, as a father, he might have learned a wee bit more about those he was actually considering and since he is catholic, I'd think he'd at least ask questions about the person's religious beliefs, or lack thereof, making sure his daughter would be supported.

I know Ashley and JP, with no kids, had those discussions, since they had difference there and they incorporated both sides into their wedding ceremony. But they are a real couple, too.

I do remember an early Bachelor season where the bachelor constantly talked about "rockin' bodies" and such.. that might have been a bit more irritating.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think he cries at the Rose ceremonies, not because he's a great actor, but because real emotion freaks him out. I think it frightens him immensely and there's nothing he can do to stop it when he has to send one home. He can't just play with their hair and tell them it's going to be okay.

And we saw how he handled Andi's anger - he tries to pacify it with the hair playing and the "it's okay" and then I think he just shuts down. He was done with her. I can't see how a relationship would live long with him when he's just done as soon as someone gets angry and calls him out on something. If there hadn't been a camera there, I bet he would have walked away from her quickly rather than stay and go in circles with her.