TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 18, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor - Juan Pablo - General Discussion: Archive through February 18, 2014 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well maybe she was considering skipping the concert?

The strangest thing was Juan introducing Nikki to his daughter and family. Wasn't that a bit early in the game?

Great baseball outfit by the way.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
JP seemed like a nice guy in last night's episode? Right? Was is just me thinking that? All the others he seemed like a tool. Hmmm.... Are they trying to soften our opinion of him before next week's ep?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, she wasn't skipping that concert. She only did the show as a joke and for the travel, like most of the women.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm sure a lot of the women, maybe even most, go on the show for the travel, some for the public exposure, some just to say they did it. But I also think it's possible to get swept up in it all -- the fancy exotic locations and dates, the competition to get the attention of the lone male. Yes, I can easily see women getting caught up in that in the moment. Those were real tears. If she's lived as solitary of a life as she said, she probably hasn't been charmed and woo'd much, so I can see why she'd cry about leaving that, even if she had no real intention of anything long term. It was fun while it lasted! And maybe they were just tears of relief to be getting out of there. LOL. But they looked very real to me.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Now that Sharleen is gone, I can safely say (without spoiling) they were tears of relief. She did NOT like JP. That's why I said upthread she wins the award for best dramatic actress.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought it was not just early to take someone to be with his family, but he could have at least had her dressed in something more than short cut off jeans.. that had to make an "impression".

Yes, if he doesn't know for sure that she's the one he will choose, what on earth was he doing introducing her to his daughter and in a place where you would find family? And how distracting for her mom to have this total distraction there when she and family are there for the daughter's rehearsal?

Oh, but maybe she also wanted some screen time?

Of course with spoilers it was known Sharleen was leaving on her own and then the previews made it clear recently.

I suspect if things had felt serious for HER, they would have arranged for JP to go along to the concert and for them to return. TONs of publicity in that.

He did seem kinder this episode.

I wonder, when they audition for the next Bachelor gig, do they have to show how well they can hold onto a railing or balcony edge and slump over in supposed grief? That seems to be an obligatory scene each season now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, then she has some sense (Sharleen).

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sorry, but if I didn't like someone I would be necking with them! It clearly looks like she got swept up in it, even if she knew better. Her brain may have known to steer clear of him, that he's a jerk, but other parts of her seemed to be falling for his slick charm. I could see the chill she had toward him, but at times it seemed to melt a bit. I think she had a lot of ambivalence toward him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm curious about your source for all of this detailed information, Lexie? Is it Reality Steve or is it directly from things that Sharleen said? While I agree that Reality Steve has been for the most part painfully accurate with respect to the eliminations, he clearly has an agenda as well which seems to be placing the show in as bad a light as possible.

So that was all acting on her part? Was Juan in on the game as well?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think Sharleen is the perfect example of a coquette.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Juan's not smart enough to be in on the game.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, Sharleen probably did enjoy the attention, but she was never going to stay.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I am not really watching this so I dont know all the names.. but last night I did happen to have the tv on during the part where JP took the Blonde girl to the recital ? to meet his daughter....and I agree with Seamonkey on this one.....
Why in the world did they not at least let her know to wear something a little more (i dont know) fancy, She looked adorable for the beach or a picnic or hike or whatever...but I would have been mortified showing up to meet the whole clan in cutoffs'...good grief, that was kinda rude...anyway, thats all I watched....

Missy2

07-31-2001

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I understand that he is on good terms with his ex but I thought it was weird that she met her and his daughter. It was awkward.

Sharleen was awkward too...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had the same reaction to the cut off shorts. Seemed a bit too casual for the situation.

HAve they shown more of Renee in other eps? I feel like I don't know her at all.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I don't care for Clare at all & think she is more snarky than Nikki. I actually think Nikki is a good fit for Juan.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I don't think the inappropriate outfit was Nikki's fault. She didn't know she was going to a recital.

Also, JP saying he was going to surprise his daughter. I am sure the kid knew he was coming since there was a camera in the house.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
My wife's take on Sharleen was that she wants to pursue her singing career and a husband with child, especially a husband who wants more children, is not what she wants. She thinks Sharleen would be happier with a gentleman slightly older and wealthy who could jet set around the world with her. A condo in Paris, a chalet in Switzerland, etc., etc.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is from RS's recap. I will post the link to the blog in the spoiler thread since it is spoilerish.

"Sharleen heads to Juanny Pabs room for a little talk and it was bizarre. First off, she’s whispering the whole time. Ummmm, why? Speak up dammit! Who would’ve ever thought Sharleen would need more subtitles this episode than Juan Pablo? I sure didn’t. So she tells him her reason which I really wasn’t paying attention but had to do something with him being a single digit IQ turd. I think. Whatever. She gots to bounce because he’s sucking brain cells out of her head the longer she is near him, she’s got a major concert in Germany in 10 days, and to sum it all up, “He doesn’t have what I’m looking for in terms of forever.” Or a week. Hell, even a few hours. Lets be real, the concert in Germany was the reason she left. It’s not like it was added to her calendar while she was on the show. She knew when it was. She went on the show for the experience, had some fun, met new friends but always in the back of her mind knew she couldn’t last past a certain date. If she got eliminated before then, great. If not, she’d have to peace the fork out right around this time. There was zero chance in hell this girl was going to not show up at a major concert she had scheduled at the end of October to continue on this journey. Zero chance. So basically everything she said to the camera I don’t buy, but I get why she said it. She had to. After she leaves, Juan Pablo tweeted this out:"

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I appreciate his inside knowledge about who gets eliminated when but Reality Steve comes off as just a little bitter to me. Some cynicism is probably wise but I think old Steve has spent a little too much time with the Bachelor. At least he has made some money off of it.

English is clearly not Juan's first language, however, that in itself doesn't mean he is stupid. LOL - Other things maybe but not that.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't see RS as bitter - he's jaded like the rest of us that know it is B.S. The only difference is he's smart enough to make a living off of it, and we aren't.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I think we all know there is BS involved. The question is how high on the BS O'meter does it go.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes RS is bitter and cynical as all get out. How many of the girls make it to final 4? Um, only 4. So her chances of making that far were not that great. Just because she had a concert date lined up that she decided was too important to miss doesn't really mean that much to me. I'm sure she's as baffled as the rest of us as to why he seemed to like her so much. I think it was her cool demeanor and that hard-to-get aspect that he found refreshing when all the other girls are clawing their way over each other to throw themselves at him.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I still don't understand why y'all think RS is bitter. I think he's anything but bitter. He's made a nice living off spoiling and ridiculing this show.