TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 05, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor - Juan Pablo - General Discussion: Archive through February 05, 2014 users admin

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
After Clare toasted at the cocktail party to being in love and making love, I assumed they did have sex. I am liking him less and less.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Oh it was clear to me that there was more going on than swimming in a warm ocean...

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well then she won't be the next bachelorette.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
JP - what a hypocrite. I'm getting tired of watching him. He is so inconsistent with regard to his "being a parent, setting an example for your child" philosophy. I wish some of these women would just go up to him and say, "Sorry pal, I really don't like the way you are treating us and I'm outta here!"

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I just want to know who does his hair. Does he have a mirror?

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Oh so we don't know if they had sex or not but it is kinda implied that more than just swimming went on. I used to like him but watching him turn the situation around to be Clare's fault all my alarms went off. I hope she said "You could have said no" more than we were shown. When he kept saying to forget it, it was like he was thinking he wished she would forget it before it dawned on her that it was his fault too. I can imagine his daughter's mother watching this and saying to herself "Yep, that is what he does...twists everything around so it is all your fault."

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Bachelor-Chris-Harrison-Juan-Pablo-1077183.aspx Interesting that Chris said "they" talked to Juan about how bad he made Clare feel and he needed to apologize. After reading between the lines in this article, I wonder if Chris even likes Juan.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
that was interesting! I think that its bull. I had a feeling JP would chock it up to cultural differences! YA OK!! Not taking responsibility for your actions seems like it would cross cultures. He didn't want to hurt her feelings so he didn't say no? Yet pull the card about her actions and he has a daughter? Well hello what about HIS actions? ya ok....

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I can't give JP a pass for culture differences.

His difference goes way back to Adam and Eve. He blames Clare for being a temptress.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
He gives me that "ick" feeling.....

Missy2

07-31-2001

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I know when he was talking made me think of my ex and how everything was always my fault. ICKO.

Mrstaz

07-20-2006

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mrstaz a private message Print Post    
It just bothers me when it's convenient to use his daughter as an excuse, like when deciding to kiss someone, then he turns around and kisses a bunch of them. A little too selective for me.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
He seems like the kind of guy who can have excuses for just about anything. Yeah, I figured he's a bachelor we're all going to hate in the end. Heck, we mostly hate him and it's not even half over! :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought he came across as very controlling.. He uses that to get the women to bungee jump or rappel.. but those are things they had to know they might have to do on this show.. and he does it in a kind sounding way, but very insistent.

But in at least one conversation last night when he would DEMAND that someone must look him in the eye, that was very controlling and to me a bit of a flash to what he would be like in a relationship. He'd always be "right", he would be in control and he would spin things however he wanted them to spin.

Now to read what Chris said about it all.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
I'm just watching last nights epi now. Man, I love Renee! I've always thought she was pretty, but on her date with Juan Pablo for the first time I thought she was gorgeous. She looked beautiful both in her casual wear and that dress!!!! (Plus I've always felt she seemed the most comfortable and self possessed of all the girls, love that!)

Okay, Juan Pablo is such a JOKE. It's rather dull watching him on dates. He talks about how he wants "her to have a good time" "show her a good time" and he'll say to the girl that he's having a good time with her on the date and tell her she looks beautiful but it's so surfacey like there's never any chemistry and genuine romance going on. Or at least I don't see it like I saw it last year with Sean.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yeah/maybe Renee will be the next bachelorette. They usually pick the most likeable girl. She's too smart to be the one Juan chooses.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
And let me clarify my earlier comment about JP on dates, I mean ANY of his dates, not just referring to Renee's. Even when he's making out with a girl on a date idk, they never overall show any sort of REAL connection and romance between them. It's just so empty. I don't see any sincerity whatsoever.

And yeaaaaaaaah. Finally got to the talk between him and Clare and it was so creepy and offensive to view I could barely stand to watch. Let me make this clear that I have never from the beginning been a fan of Clare's. She actually struck me as very similar to AshLee from last year. Too serious and needy and just didn't become a fan of hers. But regardless, the way he shamed her and talked to her was unreal. Her reaction was so real and as she said blindsided. I normally agree with Reality Steve's view on things but he's claiming that sex didn't occur. I don't quite believe that. I agree with others that feel he is a little to quick to dismiss Clare's reaction as being "overactive". I was actually kind of disgusted that RS seemed to defend JP. I still enjoy his column and humor but do not agree with his thoughts on this situation at ALL.

JP was 100% creepy and his vibe was quiet and whisperey controlling. I honestly thought he reminded me of a mob boss or something. SHe looked so humiliated. I actually read RS's recap before seeing their chat and I was prepared for OTT crying (from how he described it) and overly dramatic interaction but I thought she was quite understated in her crying and just really genuinely hurt and confused.

And everyone pointed things out perfectly. Him steering her chin toward him. His insistence on her looking at him, her staring at the ground while he is turned to her and inches from her face whispering "listen, look at me, listen to me, listen to me, listen to me, I'm just letting you know what I think, so you understand" "look at me and listen to me," [fingertips on her chin holding her in place] "and don't cry anymore, okay?" and another spot "stop crying for me okay?" [hand on the side of her face]

100% ick factor. I honestly went in thinking I wouldn't see what everyone else saw but I definitely did.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
It seems like Clare and JP's romp in the ocean has made Chelsea Lately and E! News. The big question is " Did they do it? "

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I totally think they did. Why he felt so "guilty" and had to shame her like he did. That was really uncomfortable to watch. I felt so bad for her! I'm not liking JP so much after this episode. Ick.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Haven't liked JP from the start and I can now say he is the worst bachelor ever.... by far. I don't know how they could choose such a creepy, creepy guy. He truly repulses me.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Chieko, I totally agree. There is NOTHING appealing about him. I don't even find him attractive. His personality leaves a lot to be desired and he is such a hypocrite, so obviously driven by the tongue kissing and very little else. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Can't wait for this to be over!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have to agree as well that the creepy angle they've shown is off the scale. Also he seems to be so scripted (maybe it's his difficulty with English). But I'll keep watching despite my misgivings.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here is a very interesting article (that my husband came across and saved for me this morning!) about the sexual "double standard" on the Bachelor. Very interesting!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/02/04/
the_bachelor_clare_sleeps_with_juan_pablo_
exposes_the_show_s_weird_sexual.html

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Ive been holding judgement on JP because of the language barrier and that Latin men tend to be a bit more machismo than American men-but Im done.Eewww.

Luvbbplayers

07-14-2006

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvbbplayers a private message Print Post    
I don't see Renee as Bachelorette at all. She is too normal!