TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 04, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor - Juan Pablo - General Discussion: Archive through February 04, 2014 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That sort of filler type thing doesn't matter that much to me. I've been to live events where they tell the audience when to start cheering. It's not that different.

On the other hand, if they start telling the bachelor who he should pick at the end then that's a different thing.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree Jimmer. Those comments are narration to tell *us* a story about where they are and what they are doing. Of course someone has to tell them about the location, the history, the culture, etc. If that's the "script" then that's fine by me. If they are telling the girls what to say about how they feel about JP or telling him what to say about how he feels about a specific girl, then that's another story.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Ya I don't mind it too much; its annoying sometimes when they have to announce things but I guess its part of how the show rolls out to us.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Sharleen couldn't be further from the motherly type. Clare and Kat's need for attention gets on my nerves. Nikki seems like the best match even though she is now becoming the most unliked in the house.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I am finding it hard to warm up to JP.

He is good looking but he doesn't seem as caring about the women's feelings as other bachelor's have been.

I would not throw myself at him.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I call B.S. on him suddenly worrying about what his daughter would think so after kissing 6 of them, he decides to hold off.. mind games ensue..

He seems like a guy who needs attention, craves the spotlight, but is not so drawn to the women.

He also enjoys making people squirm.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm easily won over but Im a little dubious as to why he's there, if its for the right reasons. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt. The girls are hard to warm up to also. By now I've already chosen a few favorites among the women. I can't even pick out the next bachelorette. It's usually the one getting the best edit but no one is particularly getting a good edit.

06-29-2002

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Just a general note once again to please be careful about posting anything spoilerish if you know the outcome. Even indicating that you know spoilers and are pleased or displeased with the result may give away information to people who would prefer not to be spoiled. Thank you. :-)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i just think he didn't want to kiss her and thought that might be the nicest thing to say.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl, my husband is convinced the same thing happens on Top Chef as well and it annoys him to no end. He's a chef himself and although he knows a lot of names in the industry no one can know EVERY guest chef they have on that show.

And yet every episode they introduce a guest chef for the quickfire or elimination challenge and they cut to a confessional of one of the contestants saying "oh my god it's John Doe, the master of italian cuisine who has 4 James beard awards." Aaaaand cue my husband rolling his eyes.

I mean it's entirely possible some of the contestants know chefs he's not familiar with but the comments are so consistent that they seem fed by the producers. He shouts outrageously at the screen "There's no way they know that guy!" lol

So guess that happens on many shows.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Nolanry, I thought I was the only person that went crazy with the chefs on TC. It annoys the hell out of me when they blather on about a guest chef and the blathering cheftestant is from Miami and the guest chef (who is the world's greatest chef and won a bazillion awards) is from some place 45 miles outside of Salt Lake City.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I am not liking Juan PABLO. Not buying him as being genuine.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Did anyone see this cover in the stands at the grocery store? It made me laugh for 2 reasons.
A) the LARGE title over JP (for calling out Nikki and Sharleen) and just seeing WOMEN FROM HELL cracks me up

B) the ridiculousness of those statements about devastated and betrayed and humiliated Juan Pablo!!

Not sure if I am allowed to post the picture here, but if not here is a link to an article about the cover

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Nolanry, that cover is hilarious!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Ack! He picked the panda to stay!

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Does Clair look like the actress who played Jan on The Office to anyone else? I just keep seeing Jan when Clair is on the screen.

I came in late tonight to the show. So what happened on the swim in the ocean Jan, opps I mean Claire, and Juan were talking about?

Spoton

09-16-2005

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
What an arse. I think what he did to Claire was horrid. To shame her for their ocean tryst when he so eagerly went along with it was so, so mean.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
What was the ocean tryst? Did she go to his room at night and ask him to go swim and then they made out in the ocean or something?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I only saw her ringing his doorbell very late and then they were in the ocean.
I can see where women think he's sexy. He's as smooth as can be.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My DVR didn't start recording so I came in when some of them were talking and then Clare was babbling about swimming in a warm ocean and ringing his doorbell.. and he said it was 4am.. and I'm still watching.

Northstar

09-29-2008

Monday, February 03, 2014 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northstar a private message Print Post    
Some of these young ladies are smart, kind and worthy. He's just not worthy of them. I wish they'd see that and walk away.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 12:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't care for Clare, but there was no reason for him to play a mind game on her. And the mom.. I mean, this whole thing could be embarrassing for his daughter but then she shouldn't be viewing it for years and years anyway. He plays that card way too often.

And he's not worthy of any of them, even the not so nice ones.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
JP is a jerk. I am glad Clare said to him "Then why did you go along with it?"

Can we assume they had sex?

I am tired of him saying "I have a daughter" as if that is the first time we have heard about it.

When he smiled and told Nikki, on their one on one date, that he 'didn't get much sleep last night' I gagged.

Telling Clare to "look at me" when she didn't want him to look at her crying was inexcusable.

I hope he ends up with no one.

Also, the girls not picking Clare to share a boat and then being upset when JP went with her was funny.

I think JP is a perfect example of a man that a woman should not get mixed up with.

I take that back, he and Sharleen could live happily ever after.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
He really proved himself to be yuk last night. He could of told her NO. He didn't have to go with her. Then to make up the excuse that he didn't want to hurt her feelings. The whole part about referring to herself as a baby giraffe walking for the first time was pretty comical as well - lol.

Its safe to say he is a bachelor because he is a jerk.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree. Very manipulative, shaming Claire like that. I was half paying attention but I don't think they had sex.