TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 27, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor - Juan Pablo - General Discussion: Archive through January 27, 2014 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
So it was real snow in the sense that it was made from water.

How did they walk on it in their bare feet?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I am on the train that hates spoilers.

Even the bad stuff being said about him here is kind of a spoiler to me.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
My Aunt used to walk outside in the snow in her bare feet all the time (not for long distances but to get something). It's cold but not that cold, especially if the air is warm like it would have been on The Bachelor.

I have mixed feelings about spoilers personally.

More importantly, speaking as a Moderator, we request that those people who do enjoy spoilers please be careful about even expressing opinions that could inadvertently give away information.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
My lips are sealed!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Jimmers! I have a friend who always goes to Wikipedia for everything she watches so she knows what to expect. For me, it takes the fun out of the experience. I love to be surprised. I hate shows I can predict. To each their own!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I appreciate that too. Thanks! :-)

Dogdoc, I think at one point JP took off his jacket and he and the girl on the snow date were standing on that in their bare feet. (Maybe that was JP and his daughter? not that it really matters)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thanks Happymom, I didn't look that closely.

The girl also said "I can see my breath" but then she laughed so I don't know if it was very cold or not.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It was LA, Dogdoc. Couldn't have been too cold. That's why she was actually so surprised she could even see her breath. But the snow was real. Real, manufactured by a machine snow.

Ruh roh, Bachelor JP has stuck his foot in his mouth: http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/television/article/Bachelor-star-apologizes-for-anti-gay-comments-5155980.php

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Another Juan Pablo placement.. random shot of Juan Pablo standing near Maria Menounos on the set of Extra.. in the Star tabloid.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I guess I think of "real" snow as falling from the sky. But if it's made from water by a machine, it can be considered "real" too. Just not made by Mother Nature..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think they use chemicals too.. Man made snow is certainly different for skiing but for skiiers, better than not skiing. (not that I'm a skier.. I went twice and was mostly terrified.

In that link, he shouldn't have even answered the question and it really shouldn't have been asked. The more they have him "out there", the more chance for faux pas like this. The article mentioned that perhaps it would be addressed on the show.. well why would they do that? The unfortunate interview took place after the show taped. It will be up to DWTS and other shows whether they want him or not. My guess is this will be a blip or even bring him new fans who share his point of view. I feel doomed to see him on DWTS :-(

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well it sounds like he is at least trying to make amends for the statement.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No, they don't use chemicals, per se. They do sometimes use a nucleating agent to encourage crystalization - but they are non-toxic and organic. The process mostly involves pressurized air and water. You can even do it yourself at home with a garden hose, an air compressor and a special nozzle. Or a pressure washer. If it's cold enough, you can make a little snow with a spray bottle.

This is what you learn when you live in Colorado. :-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don't think Renee is long for this season. Shes everyones friend and a shoulder to cry on,those types never win.Sharleen is beautiful-but somehow Im not sure if she is stable.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I agree about Renee . . she is definitely the mom figure this season.
JP wrote in his People blog that he realized Lucy (free spirit girl) wasn't right for him & his daughter when she came to breakfast in her tshirt & underwear :-) I'm not even sure who the other girl he sent home was - had they ever even showed her before?
I really like the nurse.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The boat car was made by a guy in Newport Beach. He h as another he was taking all the way to Catalina over the weekend.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
They must have gotten special permission (and kept every other boat out of the area) for the car-boat to go fast .. because there are speed limits in the bay... much slower than what the car was doing...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I wondered about that. When he was with his daughter it said Long Beach.. but I wasn't really recognizing it as LB or Newport Beach, but clearly somewhere with that sort of water and he was going way too fast. Newport Beach would have lots of traffic. The ferries, fishing boats, whale watching boats, harbor cruise boats, rental boats, sail, motor..

But maybe it was some part of Long Beach?

It always seems unfair.. some of the women get dates like that and others have to bungee jump..

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I would have left him bungee jump by himself!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, if she doesn't bungee jump, she's not getting a rose. Don't you know that because they bungee jumped, they are now able to face anything together - marriage, kids, responsibilities, etc. etc. etc. - all because they bungee jumped!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - She wouldn't get a rose from the producers anyway.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Oh yes Lexi, how true.

Now Juan Paplo is sure that she TRUSTS him.

How that must warm his little heart.

I am getting all choked up!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
(Has anybody else had their computer freeze up when hitting that little yellow face above.)

(It has happened to me all day.)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It may be your browser fighting the pop up.. I've had that happen for a few months on this site.. but it is working fine for me currently

==

I was flipping through the paper today and my eyes saw a bachelor mention.. for heaven's sake, a local hot tub company has tagged their add for hot tubs "as seen on The Bachelor". Snort!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is exactly what I was talking about when I said the producers feed the lines to the girls to say in their confessionals. In Nikki's "first" confessional, she said that the K-Pop group was HUGE - they had 77 million hits on YouTube. In her later confessional, she said she had no idea how popular the group was. Her second confessional was obviously her "first" one where she had no idea who the group was, and the first confessional was actually her second confessional which was filmed later where the producers told her K-Pop had 77 million hits on YT. Obviously, how would she know that if she never heard of the group.