TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 17, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor - Juan Pablo - General Discussion: Archive through January 17, 2014 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well they probably hope to be the next Bachelorette, some of them.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
And yet this series has produced married couples. So it can't be all fake. Are JP and Ashley fake?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Out of 27 seasons, I can only recall three that got married (Trista/Ryan, Jason/Molly, Ashley/JP) - Catherine and Sean will be the fourth couple. Also, Ashley wasn't "auditioning" for DWTS. She also has a career and wasn't doing it because she needs the cash for back-due child support.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I would say that easily 50%, maybe more, are there for the "opportunity". But I don't believe they are handed a script! I think they mostly know what to say now that we are in 20+ seasons. I also think they are probably asked leading questions in their interviews: "tell us about how you want to spend the rest of your life with Juan!"

Now I do believe certain roses are requested by the producers -- they have to keep one jerk or drama queen in to make things interesting for sure. But scripts being handed out? I'm not buying that one. Do the producers put ideas in some of the girls heads? I wouldn't be surprised.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
No Brenda, they are definitely handed a script and told what to say. And they need those scripts with this group of girls. Four of them said in their pre-interviews that they hoped JP wasn't the Bachelor, yet they still cast them.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Has someone posted a copy of one of these scripts? Sorry, I'm just very skeptical. These are not oscar caliber actresses, mostly they are desperate ladies -- either desperate for love or to get on TV. They cry real tears when they are rejected. You can't script that.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Jason and Molly have a podcast that they do... It is a very good show... lots of insight and behind the scene stuff regarding the Bachelor plus other topics. I think in their 1st show they both said how scripted and directed it is... how they were often told what to say. I don't think the Bachelor franchise comes down on them because they are 1 of their success stories.

http://kiroradio.com/thisisreality/

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I believe the show is mostly scripted. Mainly because the same things are said over and over . . (putting myself out there, blah blah), etc.
and the one redhead girl that was not given a rose said in her post interview that they told her to color her hair and what color dress to wear. So I'm sure they would tell them what to say. and I'm sure they come up with the ridiculous things they do when they exit the limo. I still enjoy watching :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I suspect there is considerable guidance / scripting at times but I don't think it's like they are acting in a TV series.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah Gldnlvr, the production team comes up with the goofy limo exits.

Brenda, if you don't read spoilers or behind-the-scene blogs, you will never understand how badly scripted this show is, and always has been. And for those that thought Dez's season was a train wreck - hold on to your britches, because you haven't seen anything yet.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
This season knowing who the final three are is making it easier for me to watch.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I totally believe the production team makes them do the goofy limo exits...If I were a contestant, I would hate to be forced to come out of that limo doing something nutty.

For some reason, this season seems the fakest to me. So many silly limo exits. His dancing looks like a bid for DWTS to me.

Most of the girls have barely met him and yet they are ready to spend the rest of their life with him?

Of course, I'll be watching anyway!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I can't even remember how Dez's season ended! LOL. I guess I don't invest much in this show, but I do watch every episode, even if it's only as background noise. But when I see real couples coming out of this (JP and Ashley as an example) I just can't buy that it's all fake.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. I think there is a lot of fake but some of it is real with some of the couples.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Yeah... agreed. In spite of production.... The Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise can end up in the occasional successful marriage...

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Was that real snow?

I thought it was real but it looked like they were walking bare-footed through it in the end.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101318964

Dogdoc...not real!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Reenie.

I can usually spot fake snow but that 'snow' fooled me.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
From the above article:

The Hollywood, CA based special effects company created a moonlit real snow landscape, sledding hill and romantic snowfall effects to highlight a private concert by soul singer Josh Krajcik.

Over 100 tons of real snow were produced by MagicSnow at Calamigos Ranch in Malibu to create the magical Winter Wonderland in 80 degree weather. The fairy tale date with Bachelor Juan Pablo Galavis is capped with a romantic snowfall designed by MagicSnow.

It was a truly impressive display. Although the snow was created it was real.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I followed RS's blog one year while watching this show. Took all the fun out of it, knowing what was going to happen. Plus I just got tired of RS's talking about all the women's boobs. He's pretty immature.

I know this show is not real. By "face value" I meant that I just enjoy what is going on and don't read too much into it. I love the girl drama, the cat fights, and the places they go. You have to admit, this show is beautifully filmed when they go on location.

And I love Molly (the dog). What a cutie! I think I like her more than any of the woman OR JP!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I read the spoilers... and it doesn't diminish the entertainment value of what I'm watching... but then I hate suspense. I like to be armed with the information and I enjoy watching the editing... it's gotten to the point that I can tell who is going/what's going to happen based off of what they chose to show... knowing that they are editing 100s of hours of tape to show us just a few key minutes...

Reality Steve... I continue to marvel at the detail of his spoilers... and how a man his age got started with his Bachelor spoilers... Can he be juvenile at times?? Yes, but he's young and from what he discloses about himself... he's unattached... so I think simply he's having fun... he's not taking too much too seriously...

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I hate spoilers and I love romance. I choose to watch from a viewpoint of that I hope they fall madly in love and live happily ever after. :-)

BJM, I totally understand about spoilers taking the fun out of it. I was accidentally spoiled early on when Jason was the Bachelor. I did not enjoy the rest of that season nearly as much as the other seasons.

So far I like Juan Pablo! He is surprising to me. Very nice guy and sweet. I didn't know quite what to think about him. I was kind of afraid that he was an arrogant jerk and I don't feel that way at all. I feel like the women are less trashy than usual.

His daughter is so cute and it was great to see her first reaction to snow! :-)

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I am a spoiler person too. It actually makes the show better for me, I focus when he is with the ones I know make it to the end to see if I can see the spark. (I also peak at Christmas presents!!)

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/01/14/chris-harrison-blogs-the-bachelor-episode-2/

If you google search Juan Pablo blog you'll get a link to his blog on People.com

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Mamampors, I love reading the spoilers. It actually makes watching this show bearable. If I didn't read the spoilers, I would think JP was a nice guy that was there for all the right reasons. Thankfully, because I read the spoilers, I know everything that comes out of his mouth is nothing but B.S. At least with most of these women, we know they aren't there for JP.