TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 16, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor - Juan Pablo - General Discussion: Archive through January 16, 2014 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Actually, it happened twice but we only saw it one time. Evidently, Lacy thought he called her name when he actually called Elise's name.

BJM, he doesn't have an earpiece. RS said the first night's elimination takes hours because they can only remember a couple of names at a time. It is heavily edited to make it look like it is done in 5 minutes when it actually takes a couple of hours. Can you imagine standing there in 6" heels for two hours?

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Cue cards?? Wouldn't that make it so much easier. Off to the side so we do not see them.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Are you kidding? You don't think Mike Fleiss is going to do anything which would make it easier on those girls? He could care less that it takes them until 4:00 a.m. to finish the first rose ceremony and that these girls are hungry because they haven't eaten all night.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, that makes sense, Lexie. I just couldn't figure out how he could remember all those names!

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I too had read or heard that it takes hours to film the first, and maybe subsequent, rose ceremonies until familiarity grows and numbers reduce. Sounded like the bachelor/bachelorette called a name then there was a break of several minutes to make sure they got the next name right. In all honesty that only seems reasonable, remembering 25 names and faces in a few hours would be a pretty significant feat for most people.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This guy is just cringe-worthy IMO.

And why not either shave or grow an actual beard?

I think the media will be relentless in pushing him ..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/08/juan-pablo-one-direction_n_4563934.html

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I've read the same about the very long timeframe for the "ceremony" and also that they don't get to eat but can drink.. so when there is bad behavior, that was egged on by only providing alcohol (I hope they can at least drink water.)

And I'm sure most of them don't eat much prior to getting out of the limo, the better to fit into their outfits.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Well, it's official...I don't care who Juan Pablo picks.

I will read all the spoilers and watch the show for kicks. (won't post any spoilers here of course!)

I don't know why I feel this way this season, but I do.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i don't read the spoiler, but given what i have seen on the show, i am not seeing sleezy. he was very sweet to the girl that was nervous about having to be nude in the photo shoot (i would have been furious!) and i thought he handled the hot mess, drunk girl well and showed he wasn't just working for ratings.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Tex....that's true, he could have kept her around for DRAMA.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think they should be ashamed at how they exploited the drunk girl to entertain us. She must be soo embarrassed. I think most of us have had a few moments in our earlier life that we aren't ready to share with the whole world.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Showing someone drunk on reality TV isn't exactly a rare occurrence. It's part of the show. Plus they also showed her again after she had sobered up and was back in control which I think was quite fair and decent of them.

I'm liking Juan far more than I thought I would. Oh sure he is a super smooth talker but he's also fun to watch. I'm just not taking it too seriously.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jag, the production team is absolutely despicable. The only two women they pick to appear naked for the PSA are an assistant district attorney and a school teacher? Seriously? They really are low-lifes, but when one of those producers is Ethan Gale, of the famed Thanksgiving Day Twitter hoax, what do you expect?

Jimmer, I just can't like JP. Knowing that the only reason he is doing this show is for the money (since he is behind on his child support payments) and to appear on DWTS is just sleazy.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I was appalled too about expecting two girls to pose nude. Those photos could resurface. Just not cool at all to do that to professional women who have careers and reputations to think about. Shameful.

JP comes across as sincere so far. I'm sure the money and fame are a very appealing carrot to dangle in front of someone who's trying to expand their career. We should not be surprised that he jumped at the opportunity.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I also am liking him more than I thought I would. After the months of commercials, I was soooooo over him before it even started. But we shall see, I could change my mind by next Monday. :-) I also have read the spoilers so I know who he ends up with. That is tainting my view of him! But I LOVE spoilers hahah

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The commercials continue.. I forget what they had him pushing last night.

He was also on the 11pm news in Los Angeles, interviewed and he said, in answer to the question would he do it again now that he has been on the show and through the process and he said NO. Interesting. And not only is he not saying he is now engaged, he won't even say he is happy with the outcome, as most of them will say.

I thought he was gracious in his handling of the girl he sent home after the scenes in the bathroom and he certainly had valid reasons to send her home.

I also thought it was sleaze of the lowest level to ask any of the women to pose nude (well of course the one woman insists on posing nude all the time) and yes he was sweet in convincing them to make a questionable choice, but I'd have been happier if he stood up for them.

I'm sad that Best Friends Animal Society would even ask someone to pose that way. If a celebrity WANTS to pose that way for BF or PETA or whatever, that is different.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Last night he was pushing M&M's.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I see him as totally detached from these girls. I get the feeling this is the most he's worked in a while and it is a job. Even the lines ALL of the bachelors say after the rose ceremony " I think I have the best girls left"....something to that effect....they all affirm that the girls left are great. It seemed to pain him to say his lines.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The nude photos were uncalled for. The girls should not have been asked to do that.

The most they should have done was ask if anybody would be willing to pose and drop that 'costume'
if nobody was willing?

Did I hear the drunk girl laughingly call it a 'hymen' maneuver and not a Heimlich maneuver.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
It's funny but I also picked up on the hymen maneuver and thought, at first, that she was talking about "kegels". And she was going to straddle JuanPablo doing them. LOL

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
She was really 'out of it!'

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 2:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah yes the M & Ms..

And I just turned a page in People Magazine and there is a two page ad featuring Juan Pablo and a giant yellow Peanut M&M. Ugh. They are investing big time in this guy.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Does he do commercials for products during the show? I never watch the commercials, so I've missed all that.

I'm surprised that JP seems nicer than I expected him to be. I thought he was very sweet with the drunk girl, nicer than she really deserved. He was right to send her home. He doesn't need that drama around his daughter.

I haven't read any of the spoilers and don't believe a word Reality Steve says (just don't like him). Just taking the show at face value and enjoying it. I just love the dates and the places they go!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Uh. no, I think they are actual commercials, not product placements.

You may not like Reality Steve but for the most part he's been dead on accurate. So what's not to believe?

I get not reading spoilers and such and that isn't what should be in this thread.

By face value does that mean we have to buy everything he or Chris says is amazing or exciting?

Clearly no one would want that drunk girl (and not a fun drunk girl at all) around any child, and I agree that he handled things very well. Actually her getting so crazy like that made one suer easy decision for him.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 4:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Reality Steve has been 100% spot-on accurate with spoiling this season. He has described all the limo exits (the stupid shit they do when they exit the limo), what they are wearing, all their dates, and all the drama (Victoria getting drunk), etc. etc. etc.

When JP or the girls are giving their ITM's and everything is "amazing" and "I want to spend the rest of my life with JP," that is all a script given to them by producers.

Some people watch the show for the "romance." I watch it because I know it is a joke. The producer manipulation on this show is ridiculous. But that is to be expected when JP is there only for the money and to be on DWTS, and the girls are there for the vacation.