TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 08, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor - Juan Pablo - General Discussion: Archive through January 08, 2014 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Every year things come out about the Bachelors/Bachelorettes and the women and men that never quite make it on the show. Dez's season may have been the worst when it came to ABC covering up the backgrounds of the men. I thought we could post in this thread stuff that comes up (and it sounds like it will be a lot) about JP's season, as long as they don't belong in the spoiler section.

This is Reality Steve's post today:

"Every season, it’s safe to say I hear a lot of things about the “Bachelor” and “Bachelorette.” And if you’ve been with me long enough you’ll know that most of the things I hear are usually accurate. Of course, there’s plenty of stuff I hear that I just can’t share, and there’s other stuff I share but you pretty much have to take my word for it because I can’t prove it. Juan Pablo’s season is unlike anything I’ve ever heard. And not in a good way. I’ve heard so many things this season from so many different avenues, that’s it’s much too coincidental to be wrong. This could be the first season we’ve ever had where I share some of the random emails I’ve been getting from people. This is ABC’s bed and they must lie in it for choosing a guy that the audience had zero attachment to from the previous season, didn’t feel the least bit sorry for when Des dumped him (not that they were happy, I just think people weren’t fazed one way or another), and speaks broken English, but he filled their minority quota and a bunch of bored housewives screamed on Twitter they wanted a hot Latin guy on the show so producers gave in to social media and cast him. Baaaaaaaaaaaad move. I’m VERY curious to see how this thing ends. Very."

Daily Links 10.17.2013

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I thought that Juan Pablo was kinda cute and sexy looking on the B'ette but when Chris announced he would be the next Bachelor and interviewed him, I felt he was really cocky and he felt entitled. I have stopped watching DWTS and now this show. It is soo scripted. They add too much to create drama!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is exactly what happens when the next Bachelor doesn't come out of the F4. Since Dez's F4 left a lot to be desired, they would have been better off finding a new Bachelor (even though Mike Fleiss said that will never happen again).

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
On the bright side, this could be the funniest Bachelor season ever.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't have high hopes. He was pretty annoying.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Let's just see what type of women are on the show. It could be interesting.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The mother of his son is beautiful

I bet he will have high standards in the beauty department.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I never take this show seriously to begin with. I only watch for the beautiful places they go, the cool dates they get to go on and the drama. Nobody ever gets married from this show. I can't even remember who it was Dez picked.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think you have the right attitude BJM. Just take it for what it is-fun entertainment.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor/cast

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
2-NIGHT PREMIERE SUN JAN 5 8|7c

This page has links to videos.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
They did a wonderful tribute to Gia on tonight's show. Still makes so sad. Such a beautiful young woman :-(

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm not up to the tribute yet.. already sad.

The Star opines that he is doing this for publicity, to further his career and he will end up back with his daughter's mother.

And the Star quoted Reality Steve about how this season will go nowhere.

Also said that he and his daughter moved to LA for the show but of course she is still with her mom so I guess it was filmed on her summer vacation.

His daughter is cute.

I was actually annoyed by him on Dez' season.. we will see.

I would settle for funny, but usually it goes more in the direction of annoying.

So, I hope they go to some great locations.. which they seem to do less and less.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I also find him really annoying :-( And I love the Bachelor/Bachelorette, but not sure I am going to be able to do this season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 06, 2014 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The locales look ok.. looks like there will be some toxic drama going on.

I really didn't need to see the casting stuff and I hate that they never have anyone new and now they even tell them who it will be.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 06, 2014 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just don't see what the rest of you see. I find Juan Pablo charming and funny. I love the accent. We'll see how this season goes. Always the girl drama!

The tribute to Gia was very sweet. Such a loss. She always seemed so vulnerable to me, wore her heart on her sleeve. My heart goes out to her mother.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 06, 2014 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, it is being reported kind of everywhere that he is only doing this for exposure and he wants to be on DWTS. It would also appear he probably isn't that likable. They said some of the women were really talking shit about him. A lot of the women either got back together with old boyfriends or found new boyfriends immediately after being eliminated. He sounds like a real tool.

This season is already a train wreck and it hasn't even started.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 06, 2014 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
One of the girls up here that is a huge DWTS freak was also talking about how she is reading everywhere what a tool JP is. She said if the DWTS pros are watching the show, he may not make it on DWTS if the pros don't want to dance with him. Do the pros have any say about whether or not they will dance with someone?

Or it could be that JP's reputation precedes him, and DWTS will not ask him to be on the show.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, January 06, 2014 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I am always swearing off this show...but here I am

So awkward these first night meetings!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 06, 2014 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think DWTS will do anything for publicity. As will The Bachelor.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I agree Reenie, this show is awkward for awhile.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Just started watching last night's show and I already feel like it's sleazy. Not sure I'm going to invest any time in this one. I'll probably just check here and read other people's posts and impressions. Blech!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is how sleazy Fleiss and Co. are when it comes to editing. Kelly, who they have listed as a "dog lover," actually helps run one of the largest animal rescue organizations in Atlanta called "Angels Among Us Pet Rescue." I belong to their FB page. They do wonderful work. They rescue animals, have them treated by vets, foster out and hold animal adoptions every weekend around the Atlanta area. Every weekend while most of us are laying around, running errands or what have you, these people are holding animal adoptions on Saturday and Sunday.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Lexie....see that is just ridiculous that they list her as "dog lover". Why would they downplay someone like that? I mean, I love dogs too (I own a pet sitting business)..but that is just not giving her the respect she deserves. Pftttt.

When I saw Juan Pablo dancing with Sean, I thought "uh ohhh he is trying out for DWTS on the first episode".

I don't dislike Juan Pablo at all..he seems ok.

I felt sorry for the girl who thought her name was called...I guess they just HAD to show it..but I did feel for her. She had to just die watching it. (they could have edited that out).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I felt sorry for her too, Reenie. I always wonder how they remember the names when there are so many of them at the beginning! (Remember that one bachelor who called the wrong name by mistake and they had to give him an extra rose?) I always wonder if they let him have an ear piece in the ear we don't see, so production can feed him the names. How on earth could anyone remember 15(?) or so names of people you've just met! And I think I would get confused over which ones I'd decided to keep and which to send home when there are so darn many!