TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 10, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Desiree - General Discussions: Archive through August 10, 2013 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I predict we're going to get tired of hearing about his daughter. Maybe I'll have to turn the volume off and just look. He is quite handsome. LOL. Mostly I watch to see what kind of evil girl casting can dig up.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I think you're right. I was so over hearing about Jason's son and Emily's daughter about 20 minutes into the first show of their respective seasons.

I also agree with you about evil girl casting - LOVE IT!!!

Missy2

07-31-2001

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I <3 Chris. I hope it works for them; he seems very sweet.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I loved watching Des "fall more in love with" Chris after she dealt with her emotions about Brooks. I think Chris is much better for her and seems strong and solid....just what she needs. Plus, he is precious in how he affirms his love for her in such sweet, creative ways. I think this may work out for them. I am hopeful!

Juan Pablo, eh? Well, let's just say it will be entertaining.......

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think it's a good sign that Des is moving to Seattle. It seems that when they move closer to each other, it works out much better.

It might be just me, but I got the feeling that Des really wanted all the Bachelorette stuff over with and go on with her life.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I just watched them on Kelly & Michael. They asked Chris about how he felt watching all that had happened before the proposal and he said that they agreed not to watch any of that because only the two of them matter. The audience just groaned. If I were his mother, I'd be all over him watching that. It was obvious she settled for him because Brooks didn't want her. She just wanted to get married. In my opinion anyway, not that it matters to them!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I think she needed to go through the whole Brooks experience and she worked it out so that she could move on and give all her heart to Chris. I do not, for a minute, think he is a 2nd choice, but a better choice. I think she sees that as well, realizing that both people need to be willing to be in the relationship. Her feelings for Brooks were one sided and once she understood that perspective she could move on in a healthy way.

They don't need to watch the "drama". I'm sure she will tell him about ALL her emotions throughout the show in due time and I think his love for her is strong enough to endure.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree Auntiemike. Brooks may be her one that got away, but that doesn't mean she's not ready to be with the person that is right for her. I think many people have that one person who things just couldn't or wouldn't work out with. Doesn't mean they still don't have a piece of your heart. But you can realize that it will never be and move on.

Brooks seemed very thoughtful last night and came off well. He also made it clear he was not in love with her, which I think is good for her to know and hear. There's no maybe there, no hope for a reconciliation.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
When you think of it, Molly was second choice for Jason and they are doing just fine.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
AuntieMike and Brenda, I agree. Sometimes the fact that someone else is not fully committed to you, makes you *want* them more, not necessarily love them more.

I think only after Brooks left, did she realize what a great guy she had in Chris, and that her feelings for him were actually more real and more mature. Sometimes your own love grows for someone when you see how much in love with you they are.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't think that she settled for Chris, though I suspect that they will both be hearing that (unfortunately) for a long time to come. She is much much better off with Chris than with Brooks and she is lucky that she had the time and good fortune (and Brooks' honesty in telling her) to find that out.

I can't see Juan Pablo as the Bachelor. He may be interesting and entertaining but I think he is going to be a handful for them to work with.

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
Two things I noticed on the finale. Chris says "100%" a lot. Desiree does a lot of wiping of the eyes and sniffling but I didn't see any tears.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
When Des went through this with Brooks and Chris, it reminded me of a friend of mine. She had 2 guys interested in her. One she was head over heels, while the other guy, Bill was just a friend, nothing more (in her mind at the time). But, Bill was head over heels over her and just kept hanging around, not being pushy, just being her friend. Well, the first guy took a flyer and she was devastated. Bill continued to keep hanging around doing things with her. Pretty soon, she realized what she had. They got married and have been happily married for over 20 years.

So, I don't think she settled on Chris. It appeared to me, like Karuuna said, it was only after Brooks was gone that she realized Chris was a wonderful guy. Even Drew said that Des seemed to pull more to Chris in the rose ceremony after Brooks was gone. I think the feelings were there, she just hadn't sorted them out yet.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think Chris is a great guy. I guess we shall see what the future holds.

Happygal

11-15-2004

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happygal a private message Print Post    
I just watched ATR, and when Chris was speaking with Juan Pablo he said something about giving him or getting him something and I thought I heard JP say "a script". Is JP looking for a wife or a job in Hollywood? He doesn't strike me as being the least bit sincere. I suspect his season will be about as exciting as Emily's.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Happygal, I thought he was joking about the script, meaning he was nervous meeting all of those women and needed to know what to say. I don't find him insincere at all. I find him very charming. And it's Juan-Freakin'-Pablo! Prayers do get answered!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think that is a terrible choice, but it seemed to be inevitable. (Juan Pablo as bachelor, not the choice of Chris for Des)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I suspect that Juan will start well but viewers will quickly tire of him.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I guess ABC's backs were up against the wall on this one. JP only got 5 minutes of time all season, but both Zack and Drew were boring as all Hell. And Drew looks way too much like Jake Pavelka - who most fans didn't like. The fact that they went outside the F4 to pick the next Bachelor only reinforces the fact that they will never have someone "new" as the lead.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Let's hope casting does a bang up job of finding us some wild and catty and crazy and mean girls to create some drama! Plus a few nice ones so I can have a good cry when Juan gets down on one knee to propose.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I love Juan Pablo. I will watch for sure

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'm with you on that Brenda. Courtney and Tierra were the train wrecks I couldn't stop watching.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the ending and proposal. I think they stand more of a chance to last, more than most Bach couples.

Chris seems like one of the best guys ever to be on this show, so caring.

Juan Pablo seems fun. I hope it will be a good season and that he can be humble.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I like what little I've seen of JP (all of 5 minutes). I just hope he doesn't parade his little girl on the show like Emily did Lil Ricki. By the end of the season, I was ready to swallow broken glass if she talked about "Lil Ricki" one more time.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Emily really was my least fav bach or bach-ette & it was more her high maint. than the fact she pushed her kid off on us.