TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 05, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Desiree - General Discussions: Archive through August 05, 2013 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
She just couldn't figure out why Brooks doesn't love her the way she loves him.

This is the part that always puzzles me about this show. Brooks doesn't feel for her the way she feels for him and she doesn't get it. But the same thing is happening for her with the other guys, she's just not feeling it with them the way they are for her.

How can they not see that?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It never ceases to amaze me how insular people are in what they see. They don't evaluate their actions and feelings the way that they evaluate others.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, if it were me.... I would have fallen head over heels for Chris... or Juan Paulo (he had me at ola)

06-29-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Post removed. Please no spoiling in this thread! Thank you.

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
I think Chris is a great guy, but it seemed to me that Zak had the qualities she said she was looking for in a potential husband. However this turns out I respect Brooks for saying he wasn't in love with her when he was sure of it. There never was a good time for her to hear it.

Idolworship

05-07-2003

Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Idolworship a private message Print Post    
I'd have respected Brooks, far more, if he hadn't waited until virtually the last moment, to state
his position, or lack thereof.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Remember, Idolworship, a lot of this show is producer-driven. Brooks was telling us all along he wasn't sure he was falling in love. He kept saying he really enjoyed the times he was with Des, but then when they weren't together, he'd start to have doubts. He may have been wanting to leave for a while and the producers thought it would make for more drama (which it did) to keep him around for a while. I don't blame Brooks at all.

Also whether or not a man "has the qualities she's looking for," is irrelevant. A guy could be the greatest guy in the world, but if the chemistry isn't there, it's just not there. You can't manufacture chemistry. If there's no spark, it doesn't matter that he's the greatest guy in the world. He might as well be your brother. Ugh.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Maybe I am naïve...
I think that Brooks panicked out realizing that he would have to propose to a woman he has only been with a few times. He seems to take this seriously, and probably never thought it would get to this point.

JMHO

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Reenie, I agree. Brooks is being very mature about this while it appears the others are caught up in the whirlwind and are acting on rash impulse. It will be interesting to see what happens Monday night.

And I hope the creepy brother doesn't show up, lol.

Kitty7575

05-15-2011

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitty7575 a private message Print Post    
Did anyone notice that Brooks hasn't been taken off/turned black and white on the cast pics or otherwise marked as gone?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've been a bit sidetracked. Sorry about that. :-)

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
I completely agree about the importance of chemistry, but I have known couples that didn't seem to have passion at the beginning but developed it as they got to know one another.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that is a very good point, Tresbien. I've known couples like that as well and sometimes they end up having strong lasting relationships. For a relationship to last, I think that people have to like each other as well as love each other and it may not happen in any particular order. Some people feel the passion and find the like and some people start with the like and then come to feel the passion. Strangely enough, I think you can love and be passionate about someone without truly liking them and that doesn't usually work well long-term.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have no doubt tonight will be The. Most. Dramatic. Ending. Ever.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They never tell us that. Stop that spoiling Lexie.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Lol

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Here comes the 'shocking conclusion'

Cinapoo1958

05-11-2006

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinapoo1958 a private message Print Post    
I have not watched the bachelor/bachelorette in several years and due to the fact that there's nothing else on I tuned in tonight. This girl is not worth it. The blonde guy is cute but there is no way I would stay. She's crying while she gives them a rose? WTH! This is one of the reasons I quit watching.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Well, Drew is thrown out.

Cinapoo1958

05-11-2006

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinapoo1958 a private message Print Post    
See, she begs them not to do it but she does it. Such a shallow person.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Des is pathetic. Drew would have been my choice if I was 30 years younger and single. Hope he's the next bachelor.
One thing this show has taught me is that I should start wearing false eyelashes. Amazing how they hold up through all those tears. Have never worn them in my life, but I'm impressed. Much better than having a mascara black face.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I don't think Des is shallow. I liked Drew from the beginning but if she's not feeling him, she's not feeling him. Wouldn't be fair to lead him on. Do you think anyone is ever really equally in love with 3 people at the end?

Cinapoo1958

05-11-2006

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinapoo1958 a private message Print Post    
LOL Snoops. Like I said I never saw one second of this show but Brooks will be back.

Cinapoo1958

05-11-2006

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinapoo1958 a private message Print Post    
I didn't mean it that way Rs. She begged and cried "Please, if you don't want the rose tell me." And then she dumps him. Shallow.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Snoopsmom, you are too late. I claimed Drew a long time ago.

Ack! I would never wear false eyelashes. I don't think I could stand the feel of them.