TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 31, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Desiree - General Discussions: Archive through July 31, 2013 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The tweets from last night's show are hilarious. This is off twitter #bachelorette:

Tidy Cats ‏@TidyCats 12h
The #bachelorette is 50% poems and 50% hot tubs. Is mixing a few cats in there so much to ask?

==================================

Dannie Morin ‏@Dannie_Morin 12h
Seriously dude. My C-section was less painful than this. #bachelorette #bachelorettesnark
Expand

==================================

Kerra Anderson ‏@Kerra_Anderson5 12h
That break up almost made me cry, good thing she has 2 other boyfriends #bachelorette
Expand

=====================================
omorose aifuwa ‏@omoroseaifuwa 12h
That awkward moment when you are the other two guys on this show. #secondchoice #bachelorette.
Expand
===================================

Devin Wright ‏@TheRealReno 9h
Good lord Brooke's, just hurry up and crush her will to live already and let's move on #bachelorette
Expand
===============================

ELena ‏@ecasey9797 37s
I hope they bought Brooks a car or at least and ipad for that ratings booster break up #Bachelorette
Expand

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Brooks was mumbling because he felt the camera's presence. He's just a confused sensitive guy. He clearly didn't want to leave her, but couldn't figure it out with his confused feelings about the whole thing. To be honest, I wonder why this hasn't happened before.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
I think Brooks cares deeply for Des and isn't sure how she really feels about him. While he's not ready to propose, I think he wants to continue the relationship. When you think about it most of these guys haven't had much quality time with her like you would in a "normal" relationship before a proposal. I know there are exceptions but most couples date months before reaching this point.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
It was sad; I felt bad for both of them. I just sat there thinking why the heck am I watching this? lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
3 hours -- 2 hour finale plus 1 hour after the rose.

Yes, it seems Brooks was feeling pressure to propose. I wonder how much of that is peer pressure and how much is Des and how much is producer pressure.

It did seem like if this wasn't a TV show he would have wanted to continue the relationship, see where it went. It's obvious he has feelings for her. I can totally understand not wanting to propose already and having someone want to propose already just seems so rushed -- but that's the "show".

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched this season. Was the finale last night? Did she choose someone or did the person she choose turn her down? Thanks for the answers :-)

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I think if he comes back she should give him a chance. She is in love with Brooks. She said it several times. I don't see the need for him to propose. Why can't they just date and see where it goes? I think he loves her he just wants to be sure. just my opinion :-)

K9lover1

07-04-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send K9lover1 a private message Print Post    
Olivia - this year the final is a two parter. Last night was dates with the final three, however, Brooks told her that he wasn't in love with her and chose to leave. She was heartbroken and we don't know what will happen next week.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I can't see how they can even do a two-hour finale if she quits. So that means to me that she doesn't.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Last night's episode made up for the snoozefest that was the entire season. Counting down until next Monday.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think that Brooks is looking for a certain type of 'feeling' that he equates with 'love'. He doesn't have that feeling right now, but he clearly cares for Des... otherwise, he would not have had such a hard time saying goodbye. He kept putting his arm around her and hugging her. She would drop her arms and then put them around him after a few seconds. They looked like 2 people who cared for each other that were confused. to me.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I read Chris H's blog and Des's blog. While I didn't get any feelings about whether things work out with Brooks, I do get the feeling from Des in her blog that she will continue with the other two guys.

(Sorry for not posting the links, I can't do it without my computer mouse which I don't have right now. Just google them, for Des, use Desiree and it will come up.)

As a viewer, the show really has me wondering what will happen and I definitely will watch next week.

From the show, I really feel Brooks is not in love with her. I think it was very telling when his mom/sis said something about Brooks just not wanting to say those words, and telling when he said he wished she was in love with Chris or Drew. I think he wishes he was in love with her, didn't want to hurt her, didn't want himself to be uncomfortable, and possibly felt that if he wasn't going to propose at the end, he should just break it off with her.

However, I was very surprised when he said "Why didn't you tell me (you loved me)" in response to Des when she did tell him she loved him. That made me wonder if he needed to hear that for his own emotions to move closer to being in love with her. After all, it had only been 9 weeks and he is sharing her with other guys the whole time.

So I wondered if he'd reconsider in the future and want to give it another try. But when they showed him in the limo talking, I thought they were done for sure. But then I remembered that possibly that limo scene maybe was shot before the break up because I think this show airs lots of things out of order. (imo, I don't know any spoilers or have an knowledge that it actually happens that way outside of what they show as teasers on commercials and "next week on the bach...")

I think the other two guys are going to have a very hard time seeing that show last night. No matter what the outcome.

Because she was not opening her heart up to the possibility of anyone besides Brooks, maybe she will now be able to do that with one of the other two.

When she had the fantasy suite date with Chris, the music the show edited in really made me think he is the one.

All these bach people know that you just have to leave yourself open to falling in love and also being heartbroken. If they really can do that, and be ok that "the one" for them is going to have strong feelings for others-be ok enough with that, they do stand a chance of it working out after the finale. Whether Chris or Drew is capable of that, who knows. Maybe we'll find out next week and in the next few weeks/mos.

(Lexie, now that you mention that Jake scene when he tried to warn about Wes, I do remember that. I was trying to remember a crying balcony scene when Jake was the bachelor.)

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
K9lover1 thanks for answering! I couldn't figure it out.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
The editors have put things in there to make me think Brooks and Des are finished and things to make me think Brooks and Des are done and that she ends up with Chris.

Another thing that makes me wonder if Brooks and Des will get back together is that he said something about that it needs to hurt when you're in love. Well, it was hurting him when he broke up with her. Maybe that hurt will make him realize that he does love her. I don't know exactly what hurt he was talking about, (and I too wished for subtitles for both he and Des!) maybe it was the ache of missing her when they weren't together and now he has it after breaking up with her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Happymom, this show is notorious for editing and showing things way out of order. In fact, it may be the worst when it comes to editing and showing stuff out of order.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
So, basically he can't say that he cannot imagine ever being without her.

Rslover, you just made my head explode! Too many double negatives!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think the problem is that Brooks cares very much about Des and may even love her, but he is not in love with her. I thought he did say that he didn't see it ever getting to that point. You can care very much about someone and hate to hurt them without being in love with them.

When he was talking to his mother and sister about not being able to tell if he was in love or not, I was practically yelling at the TV, "Dude, if you can't tell, then you're not in love!" I think it's possible that Brooks just doesn't feel that way about girls, if you know what I mean.

I just don't see her falling for either of the other guys in this situation. Whoever she picked would have to live with being her "2nd choice." But I guess the show must go on...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I'm about half way through watching and seeing Drew and Chris both profess their deep love and attraction to her. Des is leading them on (with Chris she is even talking about moving to Seattle). Meanwhile Brooks is waffling around (and fair enough for him).

I was expecting to be feeling bad for Des but at this point I'm feeling bad for Chris and Drew!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
LOL Jimmer. We always feel bad for the 2nd and 3rd place people and they are led on.

Idolworship

05-07-2003

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Idolworship a private message Print Post    
I'm just now watching the show. I pray that Des
has the good sense to not take him back, if he
changes his mind. He'll do it, again, if they get together. He's just not capable of an adult relationship, until he grows up.

P.S. That's my polite version, minus the cussing, and tomato throwing.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think some of the people on these shows take love and relationships more seriously than others or at least take the show more seriously. Some are willing to go for it and take a chance. Others (like Brooks) hesitate when they are unsure.

Granted Des feels bad and I don't like to see her hurting but I'm sure that the other guys who seemed to be sure of their love for her must have been hurting as well when they found out that it wasn't reciprocated (or at least when they saw this show). Not easy all around.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I have to respect Brooks for standing up and being honest about the fact that he just wasn't feeling it. Just because he wasn't in love doesn't mean he's emotionally immature or not ready for an adult relationship. He's just not in love with Des. Just because they're on the show together is not guarantee that they'll fall in love.

If anyone's immature, I think it's Des. She just couldn't figure out why Brooks doesn't love her the way she loves him. He's just not that into you, sweetie. Move on to someone else. I've been in your shoes. It hurts, but you've just gotta pull up your big girl panties and pick someone else. Next week should be interesting.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
In a normal setting, Brooks and Des might have fallen in love the way Brooks is expecting. This is not a normal setting. Brooks is smart enough to realize that. It goes to the premise of the show. How can you 'fall in love' with someone who you've only known in a group setting for about 6 or 8 weeks and only been on 2 or 3 one on one dates? It would seem more realistic if we sae that more of the bachelors felt like Brooks, but we don't ever see that.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree Kooklie. In the real world Brooks and Des would have continued to date and perhaps he would have fallen for her over time. And maybe not, but this rushed scenario would make me feel as nervous as it does Brooks. I think we don't see more of it because they get caught up in the moment and maybe they try to cast guys that do fall hard and fast.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Like I said, I think that some are prepared to take a chance and back out later if it isn't working (as most do). Others like Brooks take it more seriously and aren't as eager to go that route.

It's kind of a weird real world equivalent of agreeing to go on a trip with someone. You aren't sure you will enjoy it and some will take the chance and others won't.