TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 05, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Sean Lowe - General Discussions: Archive through March 05, 2013 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes AshLee's comments took Sean back. He didn't know what to say. It was probably a misunderstanding but it was awkward to say the least.

Des certainly seemed to be the most confident and together of all of them.

Hwy1diva

05-10-2011

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwy1diva a private message Print Post    
I here on the west coast. Thank you for sharing the show with me.

I agree Dogdoc, I thought Sean had implied that Ashlee was the one too. I was shocked when she did not get a rose.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
I was so glad that Sean talked straight up about the laughter thing with Ashlee. And he did it "gentlemanly" just like Ashlee was stressing about. He did it in a gentle, quick fashion, not like he said "we never laughed or were playful together" which he could have and would have been true. And it's not wrong for him to want that!! It made me mad when Ashlee said he acted like a frat guy with the other girls and I'm glad Desiree was shaking her head in disbelief. Just because he was playful and goofy with the other women BECAUSE they WERE playful and goofy doesn't mean he was a frat guy, give me a break. It's just that he never felt comfortable being that way with her!!!

And I also liked when he said "maybe you won't ever understand unless you were in my position" and then he said he was in three romantic relationships at once. He shouldn't have to tell her that but sometimes they need to realize that all over again. And when she criticized his dates with the other women!!!' That blew my mind!! It's like what on earth did she think was happening when he wasn't on a date with her? That he was having a horrible time or just bing BFFs with the other women?! That's not what the show is and obviously he was being just as romantic with them as he is with her. She always seemed to come across as a very mature person with a realistic viewpoint but she wasn't being very realistic by thinking she was the only one Sean was connecting with.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I wanted Sean to say to AshLee when she blindsided him with the question as to why he told her he did not have feelings for the other two woman, "This, this is exactly why I didn't pick you. We did not communicate well and you are one angry woman."
She is still really angry and this could have been a revenge thing with her. Or just a misunderstanding but wow, she looked every bit as angry tonight as she was 3 months ago when he did not pick her. A little scary.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. I think that Sean was pretty straight in his explanation to AshLee. Sadly, as much as he liked her other qualities, he never found the fun and humor that he was looking for in their relationship. I think he kept hoping to find it as they got to know each other and were more relaxed but it never materialized. And that was the tipping point.

As far as planning their future, I think the Bachelor (or Bachelorette) is between a rock and a hard place as far as that goes. They have to talk about the future as part of finding out if the person could possibly be right for them and if they could be a match.

It's a weird situation and I think some people are better able to accept that and roll with it. AshLee just doesn't get the show.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh and I agree that if AshLee is still this tense now about his relationships with the other women and was that unclear about how the show worked, then Sean was lucky that he didn't pick her. She might never have understood and their relationship might have been toast regardless once she saw the show.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
ITA, Jimmer.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I wonder if the letter is from his mother? She seemed pretty upset in the previews that he was actually going to ask someone to marry him based on a relationship on a tv show. I can understand her doubts.

At first I was wondering why so many photos of the producer's dog, Magic, and then I saw the dates and understood the dog just died and only at age 9. Sad.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Now onto the sticky subject of what Ashlee said that Sean said. The infamous line about how he told her "there is nothing between them and I" (about Catherine and Lindsey).

Here's the thing, the one thing Ashlee has going for her is that she has always been honest and takes her credibility very seriously, and there may be a few things about Ashlee, like her tendency to be serious, that made her not my favorite, but I've got to give her that. She has always been very truthful and straightforward.

So there is more I think leaning towards there being truth behind her words.

But the thing in Sean's favor? It's not on tape. The worst thing is when someone (*cough* Tierra) says they did or didn't do something and you can't help but say "what are you dumb?? it's blatantly on camera!" So without there being proof on camera of him saying that, and the fact that well...we all basically LIKE Sean, I think that makes us a bit forgiving and willing to take his word for it, even in the face of Ashlee's history of honesty.

So he can technically deny deny deny and no one can presumably prove that he's being dishonest. Do I really care if he said something like that? Not really. I mean come on. Maybe it was the wine talking and he'd had one too many glasses and feeling really emotionally intimate with Ashlee and said something like that. It is possible, but it doesn't make me feel he is any less of a good guy.

And to be honest, I think I'm a bit like Ashlee in that I have an excellent memory and can usually recall conversations word for word (like when Tierra said Ashlee replied no to that question she asked her and then Ashlee was like "No, what you actually asked me was...") I'm huge about that with my fiance cause he just looooooves rewriting history and our conversations and it drives me nuts. Especially if it involves an argument and he is telling me he said something one way and rephrasing it, I can usually word for word tell him exactly what he said. So I'm kind of like her in the way she corrected Tierra, if you're going to discuss something that was said prior, accuracy is important because it can mean a world of a difference.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Maybe Sean said those words to AshLee in the Fantasy Suite as he was trying to be intimate with her and she is saying there are 2 other girls involved. And his reply was "there is nothing between them and me!" Of course, AshLee isn't going to tell what happened in the Fantasy Suite, just what he said.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I think the look on Seans face said it all. He didn't say those words. I believe him 100%. I believe Ashlee mistook something he said. I really disliked her on this show. And don't blame him one bit for not returning to her later to see if she was alright. I mean she wouldn't give him a word as she left, she set the tone.
I'd like to see Des as Bachelorette.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 1:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't know AshLee and have no way of knowing how honest she is or has been, but I'm pretty sure if there were clips of Sean saying that, Mike Fleiss would be rolling them. And I just don't believe he said that in the Fantasy Suite. He made it pretty clear that nothing was going to happen physically anyway so why would he need that encouragement and he has been careful not to say certain things to any of them.

I just got a feeling that she wanted to mess with his relationship with whoever he chose.

And the bit about letting her go before the rose ceremony, well we saw how that didn't work for Sarah, didn't seem to make it better or worse.

I thought she sounded bitter and if he had "come to her" she would have been encouraged to believe he was changing his mind. Tierra was ridiculous, as usual.

I missed the part that the dog had died, but did wonder why the dog.. two nights in a row, not that I mind seeing dogs.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Why did Ashley think Sean had to check on her.

That would be up to the producers.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
poor sean looked over at chris...like, please help me and chris just sat there.

where was Leslie during all of this? i know she was there, but did chris really even talk to her? it seems to be time on the hot seat saying 'don't you wish you could have told him your real feelings' would have been in order? makes me wonder if we are going to see more of her.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Ashley thought Sean should check on her .. because he checked on Tierra .. every single stinking time!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
True, though we didn't see him checking on her after she was eliminated. Maybe AshLee thought since she acted like Tierra when she was booted that would bring him to her side?

I honestly don't think he could have done anything to make it right for her, if he had sent her out early, before the rose ceremony, or waited for the ceremony, as he did. If he had come to her I suspect she'd have kept up the refusal to talk, anyway. And now that time has passed, she really needs to get it together.

But those who are still pouting did get screen time last night.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
While it made for interesting TV, I think Chris really thought Ashlee would get 'closure' by talking to Sean. Who knows, maybe the producers held out on Chris, who does not seem at a loss for words in any situation, but did here. To me, Ashlee has this ability to be one way (nice sweet southern girl), but can turn in an instant and not let go. Sean made the right choice by not giving her a rose. From what I recall, Ashlee was the one who tangled with Tierra the most (and it sounds like for hours on the last one). Sean's face told it all. He really did not believe that he said that and was definitely taken aback by her comments. I don't know if he did or didn't, but I would have liked him to say something like "I don't remember saying that, but if I did, then I apologise for misleading you". I think that would have shut her up.

Who ever wrote the letter has amazingly perfect penmanship!

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
The lead knows better than to tell any of the remaning people their true feelings. This show makes a practice of waiting until the final rose for the lead to tell their true love. Sean wouldn't have told [anyone] his true feelings in the fantasy suite. She misunderstood him.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Oh, also wanted to mention Ashlee saying she fell in love with him and now is no longer in love...I don't know. I find it hard to believe that she could realistically fall in and out of love with him so quickly. I'm more inclined to believe that she wanted to be in love with him but never was actually FULLY in love. Other people may have seen it differently though :-)

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
If there was ever a possibility that AshLee would be the next bachelorette, she killed it. She came across as a real stick in the mud and very needy during the filming. Instead of attacking Sean she could have looked like a class act by just remarking how this experience made her grow as a person and she is now ready to open up to the idea of love...etc.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rslover, there was never any possibility. Reality Steve confirmed today in his blog that as of last Friday it was 99% chance the next Bachelorette is Dez. It will most likely be announced next Monday on the AFTR show and then filming starts the following Sunday, March 17.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'll bet Sean is really glad that he didn't pick AshLee, seeing as how angry she still is. Yikes! Funny, too, how she went from calling Sean "This Man" to "That Man" as soon as he kicked her to the curb. AshLee is just too dependent on other people for her happiness. She needs to be happy all by herself before she can be happy with anyone else. Just too needy!

Way to bring me down right at the end, Bachelor! Like everybody else I was all, "Oh a dog! Cute dog!" Then as the pictures kept coming, I started to get a bad feeling that I was watching a memorial. So, so sad!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I agree with what everyone is saying. Lesley, being #4 should have gotten some stage time w/Sean. Tierra lives in her own world.......I pitty her future HB. I hope some fine young man sweeps the beautiful Sarah off her feet & loves her the way she deserves! Ashlee needs to get over it & move forward. She didn't have the kind of "friendship" bond w/Sean that he was looking for & if she didn't see that last night, she will never get it. However, she looked so stunning last night! I agree w/most, Des should be the next bachett. because she had that ear to ear grin going on & didn't hold any grudge. I'm kinda liking her the same way I liked Sean after he wasn't picked on the bachett season he was on. Des would make good TV & I think the producers know this. Chris did say more than once that she was a fan fav. I think we'll see her again! She best have a talk w/that dang bro of hers or completely leave him out of HER process!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Deb. I think they're definitely grooming Dez to be the next Bachette. Maybe that's why she had the ear-to-ear grin? AshLee just needs to get over it and move on. She's definitely NOT over Sean.

Instead of being so broken about being abandoned, maybe AshLee should realize how fortunate she was to be adopted by parents who loved her and gave her everything she needed as she grew up. There are a lot of kids out there who never get that. Just sayin.

Irishgranny

04-15-2009

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irishgranny a private message Print Post    
I would like them to bring in an unknown as the next Batchelorette/Batchelor. Yes, we really like and root for certain ones, but it would be nice for a change to "start over" with people who haven't been there already. Sometimes you just get tired of reruns.

Having said that...love Sean and Catherine together...they both just lite-up each other !