TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 20, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Caution Bachelor Sean - Spoilers Caution: Archive through February 20, 2013 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. I think that the person playing the joke has to know the other person pretty well and know how far to take the joke and not take it too far. It is wise to keep it pretty short.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Personally................

I don't think I'd be planning any jokes if I was serious about a situation like this, as in introducing family to potential mate, especially when there are other potential mates just waiting to shine more.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's a big risk. I'm not sure that Emily even liked Sean's little joke (about his living at home and his messed up room) and that one was comparatively mild.

I had heard rumours though that Desiree and Sean had been playing a few jokes on each other over the course of the season that we haven't seen?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 18, 2013 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well the joke seemed harmless enough. It was the brother that seems to have done Des in but as I said in the other thread if Sean was really interested in her I don't think he would give up that easily.

This has to be the rockiest road to a proposal ever. Talk about doubts. I'm starting to wonder if Sean is really into any of them and just picked Catherine as a desperate fun sort of default choice who he felt wasn't too serious and wouldn't be too difficult to break off with when things don't work out?

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, February 18, 2013 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
That same thought occurred to me, Jimmer.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, February 18, 2013 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Me too, Jimmer. They are stressing Catherine's independence so maybe he thinks she would be more amicable to the engagement ending after a few months. He really seems to have a more normal relationship with Lindsey.

If Des did not have such a strange brother, maybe she could have been chosen for a future Bachlorette. I wonder why she even invited her brother to the family meet. They live in Ohio, don't they? It would take me a while to forgive my brother if he sabotaged me like that.

I am concerned about AshLee and hope she will be find when not chosen next.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I read the reason they had the family meet at Des's house in L.A. is because this was being filmed during Superstorm Sandy so her family went out west.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And I'm telling y'all, after Des's elimination last night when they both kept going on about what a mistake it might be, I kept getting a Jason/Melissa/Molly feel to the whole thing. I wish I could have understood what they were saying to each other when they were at the limo.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I agree about the Jason/Melissa/Molly vibe, even posted that with a group of friends that were posting on facebook during last night's show.
We'll probably at the very least see Des show up again before the final rose ceremony. Will have to look to see if there are any spoilers out there saying that happens.

I saw the connection between Sean and Catherine for the last few weeks. After the hometown date though, I wonder if their cultural differences would be too much to overcome in the real world. Don't see their families meshing any better than Sean would have meshed with Des' brother.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
123, 456, 789... blah blah blah

----------------------------------------

After last night, I'm even more confused about Sean picking Catherine in the end. While I can understand that he was disturbed by Des's brother, it shouldn't have taken him that long to give Catherine a rose. If she was the "one," wouldn't she have received the first or second rose without Sean having to think about it? The whole thing is just bizarre.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I can't wait for the Sean Tells All show tonight.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Lexie, that is exactly what I thought. If he picks Catherine at the end, he sure was hesitant in keeping her. I don't think I've ever seen a Bachelor this non-committed to any one girl at this stage of the game. I see no chemistry with he and AshLee or Lindsay. I see it with Catherine, but the way he was ready to eliminate her over the other 2 baffled me.

I was hoping for Des, but knew it wouldn't come to be.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Smokey, as I've said before, I don't think I've ever seen a couple that is as far apart as lifestyle choices and political beliefs as these two. I'm wondering if he picks her because it will be easier to break up with her because they just couldn't make it work.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
The weird thing about the order of the roses last night was that he gave the first 2 to the girls he seems least interested in. All I could think was that if I were AshLee or Lindsay I wouldn't be feeling all warm and fuzzy about getting a rose when I saw how torn he was between the other 2. If Ash and Lin were really his first and second choices it shouldn't have mattered which of the other 2 he sent out.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that too Snoops!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow that is a good point. He does seem to be having a lot of trouble deciding. Makes it even less likely that anything will work out.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I feel like we will see Des again, while I could not remember the names of Molly,Jason, Melissa I certainly recalled the "situation." I was actually listening to the tv as I didn't want to see Des cry.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Are there any spoilers about the note he receives? By the previews it looks long. Do one of the women dump him?

Justfun

11-08-2005

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justfun a private message Print Post    
I missed the show due to a local news story that has been on all evening, so what was the look on Sean's face when he was reading the note? Could the note be from Dez???

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yea it would have been better if he would have looked at the camera and winked with a sparkle in his smile.
In Touch interviewed him and he is engaged to one of the girls and planning to marry by the end of the summer.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
After yesterday's show....
I was wondering if the note might be from Catherine. If she was always giving him little notes that I don't remember seeing him get before, this might be a long note telling him that loves him... and all that good stuff.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, all we were shown in the regular shows was when Catherine gave him the lipstick note. We were not told she gave him notes regularly. The voice over of Sean in an earlier preview of him with the note, was of Sean saying "How could she do this to me." But that could be massive misleading....they wouldn't do that, would they?! Glad to hear he is engaged and hopefully both will be happy.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I remember the lipstick note, but it sounded like she regularly gave him qwirky notes, which I did not know. However, I have to say that I thought his demeanor really changed when he talked about Catherine over anyone else.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Yes, I don't think we knew she consistently wrote notes until last night. Reality Steve does not know who wrote him the letter at the proposal site but suspects it is nothing that will change the outcome. So maybe just a heartfelt note from Catherine.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think the order of who got roses on Monday night was all a ploy to throw us off. Sean knew Catherine was getting a rose but it was probably scripted to add a little drama to the show. Just like Sean keeping Tiera as long as he did....scripted! I really am a skeptic when it comes to this show.