TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 01, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Sean Lowe - General Discussions: Archive through March 01, 2013 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
No BJM, I don't mean he would break up with his final choice to get back with Des. What I meant was just like Jason knew he was making a mistake when he let Molly go, I think Sean knew he was making a mistake when he let Des go.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch that season so I only have heard a bit about what happened at the end. Why did you hate what Jason did to Melissa so much that you can't stand to look at him (I know a lot of people do so I'm curious why)? Why is it so bad that he changed his mind? People do move in and out of relationships. How is this so different? He realized he made a terrible mistake and now he is in a happy marriage with someone he loves and who loves him. What am I missing?

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I think Lindsey is wa-a-a-a-a-y too young for him and to be the next Bachelorette. Her little girl voice drives me nuts. I hope it is Des.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I think it was where and how he broke up with Melissa and then immediately asked if Molly would take him back.. on the final show (not the one with the proposal but months later. I'm sure he was encouraged to do it that way and not privately. It was pretty icky.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I could not see Sean fitting in with Desire's family. I think he made the right choice letting her go.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I don't think Jason is ick. I think he's brave for standing up and saying he made a mistake rather than putting on a charade for TV. I do blame the producers for having him do it in public like that. I'm sure there was more than a bit of arm twisting. Now he's happily married with a baby on the way. And so is his rejected one -- married and a new mom. It all worked out for the best there, even though it got messy.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Sea! My feelings exactly!

Brenda, I don't think the fact that he changed his mind was so terrible. It's the way it was handled for drama on TV. It was really awful to watch. We had just seen his proposal to Melissa, then on AFTFR he has her come out and breaks up with her on TV. Then they bring Molly out, and he asks her to come back to him. It was just really sickening to have it play out on TV that way. I felt so bad for Melissa. It just left a really awful taste in my mouth. I'm glad Jason is happy with Molly. I just can't stand to look at either of them, because it reminds me of how terribly the producers used Melissa. Just ugh!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was awful of the producers to do that to Melissa, Molly and Jason. Mostly Melissa. Just horrible. I hope everyone who does the show realized they are signing up for that kind of thing!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I guess it was tacky to do it on TV but this whole show is tacky. As they said in Apocalypse Now it's kind of like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500. It's a tacky show. At first Molly was crushed when Jason didn't choose her and then I guess Melissa was crushed when Jason broke up with her - but surely in the real world by that time Melissa had figured out that things weren't working out?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
All I've got to say is I can't wait to some of this season's ladies on the Bach. Pad! I like the "Pad" more than the actual bach/ette shows. Anyone know when the next one will be?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm sure they will announce it next week or the after the rose show. I've never watched that, never will, but would think Tierra will be there.

Jimmer, this was tackier and kind of mean. But yes, it fits in with the show for sure. But it didn't make him look good (to me). I mean, even with the final rose, the bachelor/ette in charge usually tries to be kind and not embarrass the one sent away. Of course Melissa is fine, now and got DWTS, twice, out of it, but at the time.. I can see why some don't want to see him.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It just left a nasty taste in my mouth, and I just don't care to see him. It was mean.

Texasdeb, Bach Pad is a summer show. It should show up in about June or July. It's kind of a summer guilty pleasure when there's nothing else to watch on TV. You think this show has drama? Wait till you see The Pad!

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
It's been awhile since I put my in,but I had to stay away because I was not getting to see the show on time every monday and didn't want to be spoiled!

I went back through the last five pages of the thread and boy is it interesting to see everyone's varying opinions on the women!

First thing I want to mention is about the parent's comments on the hometown dates. All of them saying some variation of "I just don't want you to hurt my daughter, if you don't choose her." or a straight up "don't hurt my daughter!" UMMMMM....I wanted to roll my eyes because I know they mean well and it's an automatic protective reaction, but Sean didn't drag these girls on the show. They CHOSE to be there so if they get hurt it's not all on Sean's shoulders. It's a chance they were willing to take. If my daughter was on it and got sent home, I would comfort her as best I could but I wouldn't act as if Sean's the devil, and if she carried on too long at some point I'd be like "listen lady, you ASKED to be on the show, with all it entails!"

Second, I don't blame Sean at all for sending Des home. I thought it was the right thing to do. Family seems to be really important to him and I imagine that the idea of possibly always having friction/odd interactions with Des's brother would not be a positive future he is looking for. I think he seems like he is really looking for a family he can fit into and feel at home with. I think it was a VERY difficult decision for him but I don't blame him for being so put off by her brother, I would've felt the same way.

During the hometown dates I actually thought Lindsey's was the most successful (which I was surprised to see that some said they didn't think he liked it that much). I loved how warm and friendly Lindsey's mother was and her dad was cautious but friendly as well, it seemed to me he was the most comfortable in his interactions with them (despite all his nervousness about "the general" haha)

Catherine's hometown date was kinda okay IMO. I didn't think the interactions with her mother were stellar by any means. The clip we saw of it seemed to be him asking her a couple questions and her answering them directly and then saying "any other questions??" like it was an interview for goodness sake. Idk it seemed kinda meh. And then there was the sister's comments and yes, Catherine did say she talks more seriously about settling down with her married friend vs. her sisters but it also just may very well be true what they said. Family tends to know you pretty well and it's possible that Catherine just didn't like the fact that they were confessing a side of Catherine that she doesn't like to admit to, like maybe she does have a track record of getting serious fast and then wanting to flee a relationship when it's no longer "fun". I hope for Sean's sake they are wrong but we will see.

Now AshLee. I like her but she is waaaay too serious for Sean. I knew she was going to go home in this last epi. Whereas the other two have had a tough time confessing to him that they are falling for him, I think one of AshLee's downfalls is that she was TOO carefree with her comments. The surety with which she would tell him "you are my soulmate" "you were made for me" and all of the serious discussions she was constantly having with him scared him off.

I was shocked and grinned a bit when she reacted in quiet anger to him sending her home, mainly because I was shocked and didn't know she had it in her!! lol She's always so sweet I was like "wow, she isn't making this easy on him" and I don't blame her. Problem is I don't blame Sean either. I think he truly has taken this process to heart and he has looked extremely uncomfortable and unhappy anytime he has had to send a girl home that he cares about, but it's the name of the game and he's done it because he has had to. But at the same time AshLee deserves her anger and upset too. It's a tough thing.

I don't resent Sean bringing up all the time how hard it is to make these decisions. I don't envy him one bit. It is one of the hardest things to do, to know you are going to hurt someone and feeling helpless to prevent it because tough decisions must be made. And as much as I feel bad for these women I want to slap them and say "listen girl, you signed up for this!"

Between the final two, I favor Lindsey. I know she is younger, and yes she may be goofy but I never sensed any real immaturity from her. Goofy does not equal immature in my book. It's just a side of her personality (and one that Sean seems to enjoy in his women). She's also outdoorsy and both she and her family say she is ready to settle down. 24 may seem young to some but I was ready to settle down at 20 so I don't disbelieve her.

There are many things I like about Catherine. I like her positivity and this nerdy side Sean speaks of (because I'm a bit of a nerd myself!) in fact every time she talks about her self-professed weirdness it makes me think of me. All of that being said....I'm still a bit too convinced that she may not be ready to settle down yet. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my hunch.

I will still be happy with whoever Sean chooses. My first pick is Lindsey but if it's Catherine I hope they really make a success of it and last! (with whomever he picks!)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 5:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Good points Nolanry!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Wow! that was at least a dollars worth! Great insights and observations. They are great because they are so close to my own!

I like Catherine for him but liked Lindsay's family better for him. I think with Catherine he may face a few more cultural obstacles or mind sets he's not familiar with. He certainly is sincere in trying to fit in (ie. greeting the grandmother) so I give him credit for that.

Now I'm dying to know what is in that long note he received before the final ceremony.....

Missy2

07-31-2001

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I know I want to know too...inquiring minds. I liked Sean up till this week. Not sure why or what changed my feelings. I thought AshLee's response was interesting and shocking to him. She was way serious...

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I'm happy to see Lindsay and Catherine as the final 2. I've been pushing for Catherine all season but Lindsay seems like a good match for him also.

I was happy to see AshLee go. She was way too serious and had too many issues. There is no way I'd like to see her as the Bachelorette but I'm not really wanting Des either. I'd rather see whichever girl doesn't get proposed to. I'm thinking the letter will be from AshLee.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Ooh good guess on the letter!

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
lol, Auntiemike , I felt ridiculous making such a long post but I had so much to say. I'm honestly surprised anyone even bothered to read it!

I too don't really care to have Ashlee or Des as next Bachelorette. And I think between Catherine and Lindsey, I would prefer to see Catherine as the next one (and that has nothing to do with fact that I favor Lindsey for Sean). There's just something so happy and glowing about her. She's always a joy to watch onscreen so I think I would like to see more of her next season.

Great guess Gldnlvr! And here I thought it was a shoe-in for being from Des, but I think there's a strong chance it could be from Ashlee too!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I said the actions and situation that occured on TV were icky, not that Jason was icky. OF COURSE Jason shouldn't have stuck with someone if it wasn't working out, but to have the previously rejected woman right there and the choose her in the same moment was icky and cruel and a real man wouldn't let anyone talk him into doing that.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Well said, Sea. I entirely agree. That's the way I feel about it. Just makes my skin crawl to see him. Ugh.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I see this as a whole lot more cruel than say Ashley rejecting Ben when he got down on his knee and proposed to her? In a way it was less cruel because surely Melissa knew at that point that they were over whereas the guy proposing believes that the woman is in love with him? The guy also pretty much knows that after rejecting him she will likely end up with the other guy.

I just don't see the Jason thing as all that different or special than what happens on the show on a regular basis.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I definitely think Ashley was more cruel to Ben than Jason was to Melissa. In both cases, I wonder if Ashley and Jason were under contract to do what they did. I completely forgot about Ben and Ashley. I think the Jason situation just comes off worse than the Ashley situation, I don't know why that is though.

Melissa did somewhat act like she didn't know Jason was about to break up with her. But again, I wonder if she was under contract to do that.

I always always liked Jason a lot. Before it occurred to me that maybe they were all under contract re what they could and had to do and say, I did not like that he broke up with Melissa on tv. The rest, I had no problem with. IIRC, at the time, or shortly after, he gave some lame excuse about it all started on tv so he felt it was necessary to let the whole story play out on tv. Even though I still liked him, I did not like that he said that and went through with the break up on tv. I did not mind that Molly was waiting in the wings or that Jason and Melissa broke up. I read Melissa did know that they were going to break up.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The producers made him do it. Melissa knew things weren't peachy between them, but I think it kind of blindsided her when he broke up with her on TV. I remember she said something like, "Really?! You're gonna do this now???" It was just icky and changed the way I felt about Jason. Wasn't classy at all.

I had forgotten the Ben and Ashley thing. She should not have let him get down on one knee, but I think he jumped the gun before she had said her piece. The Bachelorette thing is much more awkward, cause the guy has to prepare himself to propose even without knowing if the girl's going to choose him. My least favorite part of the show.

The most uncomfortable, actually horrible, breakup was Jake and Vienna's. That was truly awful for the producers to make them do that on TV, but Jake just came off as such an asswipe on that show. He really was unnecessarily mean and vicious. Can't stand to see him on my TV either.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ashley was cruel, but we weren't talking about her at the time; however she didn't accept his proposal and then switch partners on a live show. And it was a case with Ashley of not stopping Ben soon enough and she had to be a bit flustered.

I do think Melissa knew it was over and she was angry just having to be there. I'm sure they all had contract issues requiring their presence. I blame Mike Fleiss more than others.

I don't remember the Jake and Vienna breakup, was it on the actual show?