TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 26, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Sean Lowe - General Discussions: Archive through February 26, 2013 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 5:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was a little shocked to hear Sean say to both AshLee and Catherine that he could "see himself married to her." Did he say the same thing to Lindsey on her date? I wasn't paying that much attention when she was on her date. No wonder AshLee was so confused and hurt, he had just told her two days before he could see himself married to her.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I thought he seemed to be having more fun on his date with Ashlee than he did on the date with Lindsey.

Catherine got the easiest date.

Ashlee, when she didn't get a rose did just stand there staring for awhile like she expected Sean to say something.

When he didn't she turned to leave and then he finally went after her. I would have just wanted to get out of there too.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
There was a very funny show on E last night called Burning Love. It's a spoof on The Bachelor and was really funny! (It is kind of crude though.) The guy from Hangover and Community was playing one of the bachelorettes.

I posted here because I don't know if anyone who doesn't watch The Bachelor would find it as funny as a Bachelor viewer.

I think it started in a different country and then became an internet show, however, it is now a tv show and the first ep was last night. There are many repeats before the next ep will be shown.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I felt very badly for AshLee. That was heartbreaking to watch.

I think Sean (and all or most of the other bachelors) try to make the rejected feel better when they say whatever they say. I think Sean wanted AshLee to know that his feelings for her were real and that he was always truthful with her. It wasn't helpful to AshLee to hear any of what he said though. None of that is going to make her feel better at the moment she is being sent home.

It's such a tough show at this point. They have to take a huge gamble opening their minds and hearts and declaring their love, if they are in love. They all know it may not be them in the end though. Not that that makes it hurt any less.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sean does seem to be giving these women a lot of hope just prior to rejecting them. Then again, if he doesn't put himself out there at all and just remains stone faced then he can't exactly expect them to put themselves out there either.

LOL - It's a crazy show and a crazy premise. It's amazing that it has worked at all. Not surprising that there seem to be more solid relationships and marriages coming out of reality shows where the focus is on something other than dating (e.g. Survivor, Biggest Loser, etc.)

He seems to have a lot of fun with Lindsay and they seem the most compatible. However, one of the things that I like the most about Catherine and their relationship is her claim that she is totally being herself with him. I think that bodes well for any potential future they may have together. I also love the way that she looks at things in such a positive way and the way she lights up when she sees him. Really rather sweet.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I doubt the link will work, so I've pasted some of his thoughts here:

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20677329,00.html

Tuesday February 26, 2013 11:00 AM EST

The Bachelor's Sean Lowe Blogs About Sending AshLee Home
BY SEAN LOWE
...I've said from the very beginning that I was looking for my best friend. Being with Lindsay and Catherine seemed like they could be that. I didn't have the same feeling when I was with AshLee. Of course, she brought me joy and I could picture her being my loving wife and a fantastic mother to our children, but I knew I needed more. I want to create a home full of laughter and I need to share my life with someone who is adventurous. And as much as I wanted that person to be AshLee, I knew that it wasn't. ...
I did not want to blindside AshLee the way Emily blindsided me. After taking a deep breath and handing the last rose to Catherine, I was really upset to see AshLee's reaction. Not because it made it more difficult for me, but because I knew she wouldn't have closure if she didn't allow me the chance to explain myself. All I wanted to do was console her and give her closure and talk it out. But I could tell that she wanted to leave my side as quickly as she could. Who was I to try and stop her? It was agonizing.

<Fixed link - jr>

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I agree. It could be that it would work out happily ever after for L and Sean or C and Sean...and whoever doesn't get picked, it may have been able to work out happily ever after if they had been picked. I also agree so much about AshLee placing too much responsibility for her happiness in Sean's hands.

As annoying as it may be for some to keep hearing how hard it is on the bachelor or bachelorette (especially when they get all these wonderful trips), I think it really probably is very hard and stressful for them to choose.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
link to realitytvworld.com

'The Bachelor' star Sean Lowe: There is still so much more drama left to come
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 02/25/2013

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, this is not a spoiler (I haven't read them), just some speculation. In the previews for the final two, it shows Chris Harrison handing Sean a letter and S saying, "I can't believe she is doing this to me now!" I know they want us to think that one of the final two has backed out at the last minute, but it occurred to me that they might be throwing up a red herring and the letter is from one of the already-rejected girls? They've done that in previous seasons, where someone comes back to make a last minute plea. It never works, but they just do it for drama. Just wondering if that's the case.

I was glad to see Sean listened to me and sent AshLee home. She was entirely too needy and yes, she does put too much of her happiness in his hands. "He healed my broken heart!" I could tell she was going home, watching his body language when she was giving her televised message to him. He barely smiled and looked concerned the whole time. Sean has a pretty bad poker face.

I felt bad for AshLee, but saw more of a connection with either Lindsay or Catherine. C is adorable, but I still wonder if she might be more career-driven than he wants. She wants to go to New York and persue her career. She might eventually resent him keeping her from that.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
My other thought Babyjaxmom is that the letter might be from his mother. It looks like they have a pretty tough heart to heart in the previews.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, good one, Brenda! Didn't think of that. I understand where his mom's coming from. Marriage should not be determined by a game show. She seems to be very traditional and she doesn't want him to do anything he may regret later.

P.S. I knew AshLee was a goner when she started detailing (in extreme detail) for Sean what kind of a ring she wanted. Kind of jumping the gun there a bit, sweetheart? Yikes. Pressure!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Didn't Catherine go babbling on and on about the overnight date even before Sean gave her the invitation?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
She did! She's seen this show before. But he didn't seem to mind. In fact, he seemed to love reassuring her that they were "on the same page" about the Fantasy Suite.

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
I thought I heard Chris tell Sean the letter was from Catherine on the previews for the next 2 weeks. I could be wrong about it, but it made me look up from changing the channel last night.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Reality Steve is now reporting that even though the next season of The Bachelorette was a certain unnamed {since this is spoilerish] lady's to lose, she may have lost it. There has been quite a Twitter campaign for Des to be the next Bachelorette. He doesn't think AshLee has much shot at it because she can come off a little bat-shit crazy, so at this point the race is on between Des and whoever gets eliminated in two weeks.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I would much rather see Des as the next Bachelorette than AshLee. She did seem to go a little psycho on Sean when he didn't give her the rose. She didn't even say goodbye to the other women. Just stalked out with steam coming out of her ears!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree. Ashlee is too emotionally fragile to be the Bachelorette. And her reaction to being sent home, while I admire that she was not afraid to show how pissed she was, it's not the kind of behavior they want from their next Bachelorette.

I vote Des!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I also vote Des. They start filming in March, and the certain unnamed female who gets eliminated in two weeks should have been locked in already. The fact that she has not been "locked in" and with the fan/Twitter reaction to Des over the last two weeks makes it appear that Des has a much better shot at it.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I thought Des was a bit too dramatic. She kept trying to convince Sean that he had made a mistake.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Des is fine, but I think Catherine would be a better choice for next bachelorette if Sean doesn't pick her. Lindsay would be fine too. I prefer to see any of those three instead of AshLee.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, unfortunately Des was probably right. Out of the F4, Des was the best fit for him.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And like I said the week Des was eliminated, I had a "Molly/Jason/Melissa" vibe. I always felt Jason let the wrong person go, and I think Sean made a mistake letting Des go.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Uh oh! I hope you're wrong, Lexie (sorry!). I absolutely HATED what Jason did to Melissa, and still to this day cannot stand to look at him. Ugh!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I read an interview with Des. She has moved on. I don't think that letter is going to be from Des. If it is a Molly/Jason/Melissa thing, maybe it's from Lesley. But I don't think he'd be interested in getting back with her because he came so much further in his relationships with the F4. I may try to find an interview with Lesley.

Biscotti has links to really good Survivor and TAR exit interviews in those threads. (realitytvworld.com) Before today, I did not know they also interview Bachelor contestants. Below is the link to part 2 of their interview with Des. CAUTION...there is something in there that may be considered a spoiler.

link

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Des said she feels the editing was fair and accurate. (That does kind of make me wonder if she is going to be the next bachelorette.)