TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 20, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Sean Lowe - General Discussions: Archive through February 20, 2013 users admin

Scribe

08-16-2000

Monday, February 18, 2013 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scribe a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was Des' place. She and Sean made dinner for them. I kind of think the Brother's attitude had a lot o do with his decision to eliminate Des. Not that he did not believe in the process but how confrontive he was .

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 18, 2013 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think if Sean had really strong feelings for Des then her brother's reaction wouldn't have bothered him enough to eliminate her. I kind of suspect that Des' brother hit a little close to home with his comments. Her brother was rude and crude but if he had phrased his concerns more diplomatically then he would have just appeared to be a concerned brother who cares about his sister's happiness. Plus Sean would be marrying her - not her brother. For example, JP wasn't at all deterred by Ashley's sister when she didn't like him at all. And no time shown with the Des' Dad at all. Like his opinion is not important.

Lindsay and AshLee's families both seem very nice. Really nice people. The General seems like a nice man. AshLee seems to be very emotionally fragile. Very sad to see, if she isn't his final choice.

At this point I think Sean is trapped in this show and hasn't found anyone that he sees himself with in any sort of a long-term relationship. The whole thing is developing a bit of a yuck factor (LOL even more than usual). He has two women (three, including Des) who truly seem to care about him a lot more than he cares about them. And then there is Catherine who is delightful but it's hard to say how serious she is about the whole thing. Her family certainly has doubts about her.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, February 18, 2013 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Des' brother was even rude to his own father I noticed in their discussion after Sean left. There is just something "off" about him in general. He would definitely scare me off if I were Sean.

Yes, the apartment is Des' and her family came in from Ohio, or some other state, I believe.

I think if Sean had a connection with anyone it appeared to be Lesley but even their relationship seems not intense. Looks like yet another the bachelor-non-happily-ever-after in a few months. Sean is young and he has time. I don't see him getting married until he is in his thirties. Now that I have said that, now watch, he will marry one of these women! LOL!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 18, 2013 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I felt bad for Des. I'd like to see her as the next BAchelorette -- I liked her. And her condo thing -- well, I think it looked pretty small -- had a nice pool, but I don't think that was *her* pool, it was shared -- notice how you had to walk down into her little place, and then further down stairs to get to the pool. And the back where they walked down the long flight of stairs to the pool, it wasn't all pretty brick like the front of her place, it was plain and looked like an aprtment or condo.

I'm not sure who I think he picks. I think he should pick Ashlee -- probably the most in common from a religious background. Catherine is too much a free spirit for him.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think if Sean picks any of the last three girls it will just be for show.

Des dragging Sean aside at the rose ceremony and then her 'difficult' goodbye to him made me feel uncomfortable.

I kept wanting him to shove her into the limo and let her be driven away. I think she is too emotional to be a Bachelorette.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The reason they filmed at Des's house is her family is from the east and moved her HT date to L.A. because of Superstorm Sandy.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Plus it sounded like her hometown date was the day before the rose ceremony taping.

Filming in Los Angeles would have allowed that.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Don't forget the Sean Tells All show is on tonight. It looks really good.

Buba1113

07-20-2009

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Buba1113 a private message Print Post    
How long do these girls have to get to know Sean?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Buba, it's approximately 4-5 weeks of filming.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Gee, plenty of time to find your one and only.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
AshLee seems to be very emotionally fragile. Very sad to see, if she isn't his final choice.

That is my thought, too, Jimmer!

I knew Des was a goner after her hometown visit. Her brother was a real jerk. She's really going to be pissed off at him when she sees it on TV. She was my favorite. I could see her as the Bachelorette. Just leave the brother at home next time they have the hometown dates. Ugh. What a jerk!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that her brother was a jerk talking to Sean that way but I still say that if that tilted Sean's decision away from Des then he never truly cared for her in the first place. They say love conquers all and it certainly should be able to conquer a jerk of a brother. That sort of thing wouldn't have deterred me at all if I was truly interested.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
"Sean Tells All" about to come on.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It most certainly didn't deter Ashley when it came to J.P. and her sister admitted on the AFTR that she was wrong and J.P. was perfect for Ashley.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
so does sean get left at the alter???
i won't read the spoilers...i won't read the spoilers....

ugh on the last scene. i think he is incredibly good looking but that shower scene was just yuck.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the shower scene was just a bit too much -- bad taste and exploitive IMO.

I don't read spoilers either so I'm waiting with baited breath to see what happens!

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
At first, I thought that shower scene was some kind of joke. I was waiting for the punchline, which never got there.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm starting to suspect that he picks no one. I just don't see him long-term with any of these women. AshLee is just too needy, Catherine is apparently too career-driven and Lindsey is just too goofy. Des was my favorite. Can't wait to see her as The Bachelorette (you know it'll happen).

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
me too, smokey!

didn't it look like sean had lost weight? his face seemed so much thinner.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I don't remember the shower scene. I must have nodded off. What did they do?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think the shower scene was supposed to be a joke because everyone rags on ABC for showing scenes of Sean without his shirt. Sean's abs even have their own Twitter account.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I like a shirtless Sean.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Well, the shower scene definitely "felt" like a joke to me. I couldn't believe it was serious because it was kind of ridiculous despite how good he looks.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think the shower scene would have been better if they'd had him look at the camera and laugh or act surprised rather than playing it straight beef-cake -- make it funny at the end.