TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 12, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Caution Bachelor Sean - Spoilers Caution: Archive through February 12, 2013 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think the producers need to be careful though. I think that some viewers want to see a romance develop and feel cheated if they don't get to see it. It makes for an even dumber show. So maybe not go over the top but they have hardly shown a hint of it. Plus he waits quite a while to go on an individual date with her. How does he even begin to get to know her?

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I never saw a connection between Brad and Emily either. I definitely saw it with her and Jef though. Too bad that one didn't last.

I really saw the chemistry with Ashley and JP. They could not keep their hands off of each other.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
From the spoilers over at RS, it sounds like the F3 will get very little camera time over the next couple of weeks.

For the life of me, I still don't see how this is going to work out if Sean is a red-meat eater from Texas as Catherine is a vegan from Seattle.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Truly a bizarre way of producing a show (IMO). I know you've said that they've played it close in previous years but the ones that I remember best are the ones where the winner and runner-up took a pretty prominent role early on. I remember watching more than one bachelor handing out the early roses and it was pretty funny. They practically handed them out in the final order.

Unless there are some massive fireworks coming, I can't see Sean and Catherine lasting. I'm not a vegan but if I was a vegan I think I would have trouble dating a woman who was a red meat eater. It's just too different a mind and taste set.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Just for the record, my home is varied with regard to eating habits. We have meat eaters and vegetarians. My husband's diet was very different from ours as he was in a weight training/body building program. We were able to work things out and compromise. I don't think it would too difficult.

After all, opposites attract. Right?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I guess Auntiemike. I can see vegetarians and meat eaters being able to make it work because a vegetarian can go to a steak house and get a vegetarian dish. Many restaurants are more than happy to make a special meal for a vegetarian. But vegans are a whole different story. I rarely go into a restaurant and see vegan meals on the menu.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
You're right as being vegan is more restrictive. However, I believe that if people have made this choice they've also figured out how to follow it in this diverse world of ours. If you are vegan and you know this you can plan ahead. And, who knows, maybe they'd "eat in" a lot.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
lalalalalala....

aaaaccckkk... this is killing me. They are talking about how Desiree was such a good sport about the practical joke. But what really sucks is on the hometown dates she plays a practical joke on Sean, he doesn't find it funny at all, and eliminates her.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Random text here to avoid new messages.

Really? Well that sucks.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Random text to avoid new messages.

LOL - Well this show was another week with Catherine out in the weeds. I think Sean needs to put out an APB for her. I can't wait to see what happens when they finally go on a date. Major sparks or what?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
My husband hadn't eaten red meat in over 30 yrs and I love a good steak. He loved fish and I only like trout and cold salmon but we made it work out just fine. It's soo easy to broil a steak and fish at the same time. It works. Now a vegan is another story.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
A few years ago, a friend of mine had a super cute/nice girlfriend. Anyway, steak was her favorite food and so on special occasions he would take her to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for dinner. She would happily order a big porterhouse steak rare and devour it with great enthusiasm. LOL - He loved her but he said it was like having dinner with a little carnivore.

And this was a guy who liked steak. I can only imagine how he might have felt if he were a vegan.

That said, it seems that there are lots of examples of successful couples who have very different diets so it may not be a big deal. It's a little hard for me to imagine because my wife and I enjoy cooking a meal together and sharing the results but I guess you do whatever works for you as a couple.

Sia

03-10-2002

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
Can someone tell me which girl appears to be injured in the beach scene from next week's episode? The incident was part of the teaser for next week's show, which played at the end of tonight's episode. It looked to me like it is Tierra. She's just an attention-seeker, in my opinion, and I think she totally faked falling down the stairs last episode. If she is the one who is injured next week, I would not put it past her to fake that, either!!! I dislike Tierra for her whiny and difficult personality, and I'd like to have seen her eliminated the first night! I truly believe the producers of the show ask the bachelor/bachelorette to keep around people who cause lots of unnecessary drama--just because they think it makes for "good TV." I think it's sad that the emotional damage that is no doubt caused to the more fragile girls outweighs any entertainment value the public finds in seeing such histrionics play on on television.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think it is Tierra who gets sick next week. Tierra is there for Tierra. All she talks about is "winning."

ETA: That's why I didn't feel sorry for her last night when she was having her meltdown.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
++++++++++++

You'd think Sean would get a clue from that manic expression when she said "eyes on the prize".. of course at that point he had been suckered into giving her the date rose.

I'm sure he is fuming now seeing that everytime she has a meltdown as soon as she wins or he leaves another girl to tend to her or he leaves to bring her a rose or she sabotages someone else's time, she would mug and grin for the camera. UGH.

And we are seeing more of Catherine and both of them together, finally.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
When we finally got to see some interaction between Sean and Catherine I had the impression that they've been getting to know each other all along but the TV audience has not been privy to it. They are very comfortable together, she is a cutie and always beams when he offers her a rose. There might definitely be something there!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was very nice! She seemed genuinely excited and not just about the idea of winning, but about him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. She seemed very excited and that was nice to see. Finally! :-)

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I agree, but I have a feeling we've missed a large piece of the puzzle.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 2:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe .....................................
we saw something in the previews for the home visits next week.. Desiree's brother.. yikes.. and her father.. that had to help Catherine.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
One of the things that I find interesting about Catherine is that if she is a vegan the show has made absolutely no point of showing it. Normally when someone is vegan or vegetarian it comes up at some point in food selection or whatever, however, there has been absolutely no comment or reference to it that I can recall. No drama about finding something she can eat or anything at all like that.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Desiree's brother..

Do you think this is a practical joke set up by Desiree and her brother?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
From what I can tell from what Lexie has said is there was some sort of practical joke and Sean may not have taken it well.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If.......................
it's really a practical joke, the previews showed that the 'joke' is probably taken too far. When someone is making like they are going to start a fight, the joke has gone too far.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think the previews were showing the practical joke. I guess the length of time someone lets a joke go on, is important. I do not like any of those type of jokes so don't know.