TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 06, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Sean Lowe - General Discussions: Archive through February 06, 2013 users admin

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
I really like AshLee, I just don't think she'll be someone that Sean takes to the end, he seems to really take to the fun/goofy girls and AshLee is definitely more serious and-- in a way --a more quiet personality.

I don't have a strong attachment to Desiree for some reason. I don't dislike her and I thought the tree climbing thing was spontaneous and cute but still...I don't know what it is but she just doesn't grab me. I think I like Catherine the best and Lindsay 2nd best. I LOVED Catherine's reaction to the ice castle and snuggling up in those blankets, and the weather conditions during their date were not ideal but she totally went with it and made it fun! I'm not a huge fan as to how Sean and Lindsay suck face all the time, but I actually love the goofiness in her personality and think she is a hoot. :-) She's outdoorsy and has fun and cares about family and friendship. I like Catherine better but Lindsay's still a good runner up in my book.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Nolandry, ITA with your first paragraph.

I still need to watch his one on one with Des from last night to form more of an opinion about her. Lesley and Lindsay are both fun and he seems to have chemistry with them. Catherine too.

No way will Tierra go to the end. Abc has a kiss tracker going and it shows zero make outs with her. I am surprised she is still there.

I LOVE the scenery on this show!!! It's the star of the show and the best part! Ever since Jillian's season, I've wanted to vist those parts of Canada in the winter. Now I want to even more.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That area of Canada is absolutely magnificent. It is stunningly beautiful. It was great to see all the places that we have been to (including up on the glacier which can be very dangerous).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL... Texas4Ever... same here in Louisiana. The last thing you want anyone to say about you is "Bless your heart." LOL

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you both for the translation of 'bless your heart'.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, Sarah will not be the next Bachelorette. The new Bachelor/Bachelorette always comes out of the F4, and she will start filming her season next month.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Snoops, LOL!! Clearly I hadn't read your post just above mine when I was posting!! Too funny about the modelling and the somewhat covered "guns".

I agree about the stunning scenery.. also on the season with the Candian Bachelorette.. just lovely and exciting.

I've only been to Ontario and not all that far into it.. just Windsor and Niagra Falls and in between, so not enough at all.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Laughing here, Lexie-girl, as I did not do the math either on Tierra's story. Surely she was just put on the show to make drama and nothing more.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
bless your heart can also mean something nice, for some reason only southerners can tell the difference, and Sean's bless your heart was definitely 'i don't believe a word you are saying but i am going to be polite'.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I hope you are right, Texannie!

I fully expected him to send Selma home. She's a gorgeous girl, but the cultural differences are just too big. I did admire her for refusing to do the polar bear plunge. I thought that was the dumbest thing EVER and I wouldn't do it either! I'm surprised Tierra was the only one to get "hypo-thermia" (although I don't for a minute believe she wasn't faking).

I just don't understand why the girls who are leaving can't tell him to watch out for fake, plastic, manipulative Tierra! Are they not allowed to talk to him on the way out???

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Didn't Tierra slip the oxygen line on when she saw Sean walking into the room.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'm officially no longer in love with Sean. Just because Selma "wouldn't compromise" (aka refused to plunge her body into freezing water to prove her love for him), he had to send her home. Really? God forbid his wife ever disagrees with him on anything! He'd probably divorce her!

Sean Lowe Blogs: Selma's 'Unwillingness to Compromise' Cost Her a Rose

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20671201,00.html

(Mods, I can't get the link to work. Maybe you can fix it for me? Thanks!)

<fixed link ~jr>

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, did you say you thought Tierra was faking the hypothermia.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
LOL Dogdoc, I was confused too and had to read that a couple times :-) but I'm pretty sure Babyjax DOES believe Tierra was faking it...the statement has a double negative so you've got to piece it apart a bit haha

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Double negatives make me have to think too hard. lol

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
From Sean's blog. I thought it was interesting and makes me think he is onto Tierra!
"Anyway, we all took the plunge, and almost everyone was glad they did. Except Tierra, of course. She was whisked away by medics and I honestly thought she was experiencing hypothermia. In hindsight, I'm not so sure ... but she played the part well. "

He sure sounds like he was questioning her!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Well, his blog was written now right, not back then? So, I think he's just trying to cover up how blinded he was by her. Trying to make US think he's onto her because he knows he's looking like a huge fool.

I really hope he didn't send Selma home because she wouldn't jump into that frigid water. I would have said no as well. Being in pain is not something I find fun at all.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Call me crazy but I would have been like Lindsay, kinda jazzed! I'm not saying it wouldn't be a miserable experience but I still would've wanted to do it just for it being a once in a lifetime experience and to be able to to say I did something so crazy!

I think later on in the episode he was repelling with Desiree and I told my sis if I was given a choice between that polar plunge and the repelling I would totally choose the polar plunge.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I would not have done the plunge. Plus, I'm not into the type of relationship where you "have to prove" how much you care for someone by dong something you're not comfortable with.

He started out by stating that they did not have to do the plunge yet he sent home the one who would not do it. I think it was a silly way to "prove" their love and devotion to him. Blech.

As much as I want to like Sean (and I still do to some extent) he is falling in my estimation of him as being a cool, desirable guy. He's nice enough but kind of confusing. I sure hope he figures it out and doesn't screw over the really nice ones that are sure to be left!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree Auntiemike about the "proving". I mean, no one wants to be with a stick in the mud, but I think a person should be able to say "no, this is not for me, but I'll be there cheering you on, camera in hand, capturing every moment for you!"

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
From Sean's Blog-

"Some of the women were willing to jump in the water, others were more reluctant – and then there was Selma. It didn't bother me that she didn't want to participate. It bothered me that she didn't even consider it. Later she told me that when she says no, nothing can change her mind. As if that's a good thing! I thought you were supposed to compromise and talk things through in a marriage. That reasoning was a large part of why I didn't give Selma a rose that week."

I think his reasoning seems pretty natural. I instantly knew Selma wasn't going to do it---wasn't even going to consider it just like he said. I think that inflexibility might have been a turn off and I kinda understand why, especially looking into a future with her. He only has a short window of opportunity to get to know these girls and see if he can picture a future with them so every comment they make factors into that.

Chris Harrison tells TV Guide in his Bachelor blog. "I talked to Sean and it wasn't as much that she didn't want to do the Polar Bear Plunge — he understood that. But it was what she said later: 'Once I decide something I don't change my mind it doesn't matter what someone says to me.' So Sean was like, well wait, if I'm your husband and I want to discuss something, does that mean I don't get a say? It really was a turn-off."

And he is looking for girls who have that same adventurous spirit. And that goofy side too which I didn't see as much from her (she also mentioned in an interview that she was closest with AshLee which makes sense because they are both a little bit more serious in personality than the other girls) I think there were other issues too like, I think all along he's known Selma is kinda the "glamour girl" and somewhat high maintenance which is why he chose that hiking date in the first place.

And to be honest I laughed at the absurdity of her statement when she was like "Oh I don't do cold weather. I'm from Baghdad." when not long ago when she was on the hiking date she was like "I don't do heat. I'm from Baghdad and I've always hated it. I hate to sweat." Well apparently the climate has to be perfect in order to please her!!! lol

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure that Sean felt that jumping in the cold water was something that they were doing to prove their interest in him. It was more something that showed their willingness to take a chance and do something different. It wasn't that Selma wouldn't do it but rather the way she reacted along with her later comments. The defensiveness and rigidity that Selma showed didn't look good for their future together. They were an extremely poor match for many reasons.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree that they were a poor match for many reasons. I'm glad he didn't expect all the girls to jump in. Yes the "once I say No" attitude is a turn off. As a parent and a partner, sometimes you have to reconsider those No's!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She's also confusing with her supposed modesty. of course NOW he knows, I assume, about her not so conservative modelling photos.. and the not kissing on TV, well, good idea, but as one reviewer put it and I agree, then WHY did you go on THIS show? Then to turn around bare her "guns" and give him very controlling 5th grade kiss where he wasn't allowed to move or respond, add that with the rigid response.. outta there.

And it sure sounded like her family wouldn't be a good fit for him, either.

Had I been the type of person to even go on a show like this in my younger and thinner days, then heck yeah I'd have done the plunge. Millions of popple have done them and lived to tell the tale. He had medics there, too and everyone but Tierra was intelligent enough to get a robe and a space blanket.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I was thinking basically the same thing in that at first I was thinking I would not do most of these challenging group dates but then it occurred to me that the me-at-this-time in my life wouldn't, but the 20-something, heck the 30-somethng, me would.

Do the Bachelors/Bachelorettes have a say in what the group dates are going to be?