TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 06, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Sean Lowe - General Discussions: Archive through February 06, 2013 users admin

Dfng

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dfng a private message Print Post    
I've done a polar plunge and it is a lot of fun. Usually you are only in the water for seconds and then you get out and do a shot. However, I'm on the east coast so that water temp is in the high 40's. It's really big on the east coast as a fund raiser.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Tierra came back from the brink of death again.

She was well enough to shovel down food in a short time.

'Bless your heart' says Sean. Ugh.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yea! Lesley got the group date rose, not Tierra.

Alittlebirdie

09-08-2006

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alittlebirdie a private message Print Post    
Who goes in this round?

Bmagikal

04-22-2009

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bmagikal a private message Print Post    
Would it be too much to ask for Tierra to go home? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeez?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
He sent Sarah home early.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think the way Sean sent Sarah home is beyond cruel. Why didn't he just not give her a rose at the RC? But to go and call her away from the other girls and tell her he doesn't see any true feelings for her. He can say that about a few other girls also. Who ever is scripting this should be fired and if it's the producer ABC should let him go. Shame on ABC!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I agree Jag about how Sean sent Sarah home.

He could have called her aside when she was alone and not make it obvious to all the girls that something was wrong.

I couldn't stand all the loud kissing with Desiree. Yuck. They couldn't stay apart for any length of time.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I thought that they were trying to be respectful with Sarah , however, it was done in such an awkward way that it singled her out instead. However, it's not the first time that someone has been sent home outside of the rose ceremony.

I'm sure that the producers are just getting him to keep Tierra for drama. There is no way that he would remotely consider someone who is so weak and high maintenance.

I felt sorry for Selma. She must feel like a fool.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Sean is frustrated because the girls won't tell him specifics about Tierra, but every time one of them has said something, he sends them home. He did it to Kacie and then tonight to Jackie.

EXACTLY! I was totally venting the same thing, he's definitely making it a double edged sword. If they were upfront and told him details they would be sent packing but then he's going to act like they were in the wrong for not airing a point by point list of Tierra's dirty laundry? Oh yeah, because that wouldn't paint them in a bad light or anything. *rolls eyes* Shame on you, Sean.

And I was also really putt off by his reaction last night to Desiree's confusion. She said something to the effect that who he is choosing to send home and keep is confusing her and making her think twice. And he was all What?, like that was the most absurd thing ever. I feel like sometimes he has tunnel vision and doesn't realize that there is a lot being considered in a "periphery" sort of sense other than just his one-on-one connection with them. Doesn't he realize that who he keeps and sends home reflects on him? And it may have an impact on how the girls perceive him? His inability to understand that blows my mind because he goes to such great lengths to prove what an "understanding" guy he is. They know how Tierra is and with all the hinting he's been given and glimpses he's seen of her, ignorance isn't going to cover him anymore. His decision to keep her certainly paints him in a poor light and would make any confident girl go "Okayyy, what the....?". So when Desiree initially tried saying that was kinda how she was feeling I felt like he seemed completely surprised that she should even be affected in that way and almost seemed to chastise her because she shouldn't have any concerns or doubts about it. When in fact, it's completely reasonable!

Happygal

11-15-2004

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happygal a private message Print Post    
There sure were some continuity issues during Sean and Des chat in front of the fire. In one scene there is wood ash in her bangs and the next scene it's gone then it's back then it's gone, etc. How many times did the film that discussion?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 2:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought the people helping Tierra didn't quite buy what she was selling.. like how she came out of the water last and failed to grab a towel or space blanket like everyone else and didn't seem to stay covered .. and it she was that bad off when they checked her, they's have sent her off to be checked out. Not sure why she needed oxygen, either.

And this isn't the first time this show has had people lightly dressed in rather cold situations, for what? I don't mean the polar plunge, but dressed for inside but let's go sit outside. Let's take an open air ride with just a dress on.

The ones he sent home, not a surprise. I cold feel sorry for Selma but the last couple of weeks she's been pretty annoying and arrogant sounding.. then she didn't go along with his outdoor event, which is fine, but don't expect him to like that and the kiss may have been a big deal but was pretty tame for this show. And meanwhile she has one of the more revealing dresses on, which I'm guessing her Muslim parents wouldn't endorse, either.

And of course he kept Tierra.. ugh.. but thankfully didn't give her a date rose.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 5:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
It was amazing how Teirra went from frozen numb feet to being able to walk in high heels. She was able to wobble to the party.

I didn't realize that she had fallen UP the stairs on her last medical catastrophe.

Tierra annoys me to no end and Sean annoys me to no end by feeling protective toward her.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I laughed when Selma mentioned something about bringing the Big Guns out when deciding to finally kiss Sean . . . they were quite visible in that dress! She was way too high maintenance for him.

I wish he could have given Daniella at least one date to get a chance to know her better.

Still rooting for Catherine! She is so cute and fun.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
All good points about Selma. It's rather ridiculous for someone to be worrying about those sorts of beliefs on a show like this while wearing a revealing dress.

It seems pretty evident that Catherine is totally into Sean. She just lights up in a great way around him. Then again, she seems to be the kind of person who makes the best of everything and truly enjoys living.

He also seems to have a lot of fun with Desiree as well.

Sean and Lindsay really get into some heavy kissing though.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Catherine can run circles around someone like Tiarra and I think Sean sees that. He is really looking for someone outdoorsy and willing to take on challenges. I see Tiarra as high maintenance and not able to keep up with his sense of fun! I'm sure she's still around because of the producers and not because he has a really close connection with her.

I love seeing his face light up when he is with Catherine.....as well as hers! They seem very comfortable together and very attracted to each other. I think she is adorable; well, beautifully exotic actually.

I do like the gal that was adopted later in life and think this process has been good for her as well. She has a compelling story.

I am realizing that Tiarra does not have a story, compelling nor otherwise. Perhaps that is why she has to be such a wench. She can't get his attention any other way than to manipulate and be the "victim", which appeals to Sean's "caregiver" personality.

I felt badly for Selma as she finally went against her parents on TV and then got booted. I guess she'll be "paying" for that choice for a while!

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Didn't Tierra have a story about a boyfriend that died? I wonder if the producers instructed the women to tell the most tragic story from their life because it is weird so many of them have sad stories.

When Sean said before the Rose Ceremony he was at the point he was thinking of who would make a good future mother of his children and then chose Tierra, I had to laugh.

Wasn't it Amanda at the beginning who was pouting with the other women and then would light up when Sean entered the room? Tierra's actions totally put Amanda in the amateur category! Tierra has to be acting. Or are there really women like her out there?

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Auntiemike, I agree with just about everything you said. It was so obvious during last night's date how much Sean and Catherine are attracted to each other. Both were beaming and couldn't stop smiling even in there one on one interviews.

AshLee, the one who was adopted as an older child, is my favorite, but I think she's too mature and serious for Sean. Would love to see her as the next Bachelorette.

Don't feel too badly for Selma. Her whole "can't kiss on tv" issue was ridiculous. Just do a google search for her modeling video where she is nearly naked and using a pair of sneakers to cover "the big guns".

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Catherine reminds me of Danica McKeller who was Winnie on The Wonder Years and grew up just as cute.

I'm not so sure Selma is all that compliant in real life.. maybe that was just using her parents' wishes to stand out in the crowd with Sean, build the tension. And it sure didn't work when she did make a big deal about kissing him but really was just pressing lips to lips. Might have seemed more legit if, again, she wasn't giving him such a view of her boobs.

And being the only dry one on the date didn't help her much, either. I know there is editing, but the last two episodes, at least, she has come off kind of harsh/hard and appears to be older than some of the other women.

And at least by her own description, it didn't sound like her family would have been too welcoming if Sean had taken her that far into the season.

Sarah, I suspect, was on the way out, but bringing out the pictures was perhaps premature.

Lindsay seems a bit like a vaccuum cleaner with all the kissing. But he likes it.

It was sad that Daniella didn't even get a one on one date, but I'm guessing Sean already knew that wasn't going to work and he actually did want to see Des one on one more.. Daniella might have been sent home early after a rather cold outing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was thinking, though, if Sean is so into all these extreme outdoor adventures, maybe he should have found an outdoor singles group and tried to meet someone there.. someone who already shared that enthusiasm? Or maybe those women would have shown him up so he wouldn't be the strong one?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I suspect that Sean is the type of guy who likes to take the lead and be in control. So he wants a woman who is willing to follow him into "adventures" but one who won't take the lead and be too aggressive about it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I still think they may use Sarah as the nxt Bacherlorette and that is why the producers scripted the dramatic exit,to get the viewers sympathy. It worked on my husband and me.
I think Ashley would be too boring as the Bchlette and Lindsay is too immature. Desiree would be good.
At this point in the show,Id think Daniella and even Sarah would have an idea if they had a shot or not. Daniella said she was completely taken by surprise by the elimination. A lot goes on behind the camera we dont see,and Id think that the girls could figure out who Sean seems to be drawn to the most.I think Catherines got this in the bag and she probably knows it.Tierra surely knows shes being kept around for dramatics.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Roblover, Tierra did have a back-story of a dead boyfriend. Someone on another site did the math (good thing, because I wasn't paying attention), and for Tierra to have a dead boyfriend who she dated as long as she said, they would have started dating him when she was something like 9 or 11-years-old. It was something ridiculous like that so now everyone is calling BS on the dead boyfriend story.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Daniella reminded me of Buzy Phillips from Dawson's Creek and Cougar Town.

Texas4ever

02-12-2009

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texas4ever a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, let me translate for you, in Texas "Bless your heart" = what an idiot.