TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 22, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Sean Lowe - General Discussions: Archive through January 22, 2013 users admin

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I think he's pretty grounded and very, very nice. Unusual for a bachelor on this show! He does have a quirky sense of humor if I remember correctly from when Emily visited his family on her season. I hope he ends up with someone nice. I'd love to see another happy ending. He may just pull it off. He seems to know what he wants; he just needs to weed through the odd ones! :-)

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Sean was on The Chew today. Both Carla and the other woman were quite taken with him.
He seems like a genuinely nice, sincere, level headed guy. Hope he stays that way as the season progresses.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
So far, I really like Desiree. She was really a good sport. She seems direct, no games, and a good sport.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Amanda sure does perk up when Sean arrives.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Sarah needs to stop talking about her arm.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It may be the interviewers constantly asking about her arm :-( Too bad, either way.

Amanda is a bit scary ..

Desiree is cute. If she happens to go far and not "win" she could be Bachelorette material..

On Jimmy Kimmel Sean said the 50 Shades woman was Drunk on Arrival and clearly one who needed to go home.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Amanda is more than a bit scary. The way she turns it on and off, one moment glowering and the next all bright and cheerful is spooky.

I like Desiree a lot. Lindsay seems to be a lot of fun as well (once you get past her wacky entrance).

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 12:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Sean seemed to pull of that stunt in the gallery well.. at least Desiree was a good sport. But I have seen shows where the guy "tested" the girl (I.e brought her "home" to his trailer to hide the fact that he was a millionaire) and it really did not go over well. Some could have been offended.. Desiree was a good sport. .. I guess that was his point and way to weed out those that would be easily offended. .but???

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 1:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
When Emily went to visit Sean and his parents they pulled a spoof on her. Not sure how well that worked, but I guess he wanted to start early this season.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The spoof on Emily was pretty funny. You could tell she was horrified. The all time funny laugh for me though had to be on Ali's Bachelorette season with the Dad kind of leering at her and asking "Do you want to see my basement?" and all those taxidermy stuffed animals. And that wasn't a spoof.

Desiree handled that well. If that had been me I would have freaked out when it smashed. I would have had a good laugh about it afterward though. It's fun to see them trying something a little different. Reminded me a bit of the Joe Schmo show.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Agree.. Desiree handled it very well. And, I remembered where I saw the example I referred to.. it was an episode of Millionaire Matchmaker.. The girl did not like that she was tested.. and boy did the guy get a lashing from Patty Sanger, The Matchmaker. She insisted that a guy should never test a girl on the 1st date.

Anyhow, as Shawn pointed out . he wants a girl who can go with it... so if Desiree had been upset, that would have been a good indicator that she was not right for him... I just thought it was funny that 2 matchmaking shows basically gave advice that was 180 degrees apart :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I wasn't a big fan of the prank, but I did like that Sean didn't carry it too far. He immediately went in and stopped it when he saw that she was uncomfortable. I would have been in tears thinking that I was responsible for breaking that "artwork," even if I knew I wasn't. Just thinking that they thought I was responsible would have made me feel terrible. I'm glad she took it in stride and didn't get upset.

Even though I know the producers put him up to it, it did touch my heart that Sean gave the first date to Sarah. She is a beautiful girl. I hope he gives her a chance. It was cool that they had such an "extreme" date (dropping off the side of the building), and they didn't consider her disabled. I like her. She just needs a confidence boost.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The date would have ended for me before the dropping off the side of the building.

Debbborra

08-17-2012

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debbborra a private message Print Post    
Is it in poor taste to admit I'm enjoying this season because it's a train wreck?

Also, poor Paige. Maybe OK Cupid?

Lotuslife

02-26-2012

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lotuslife a private message Print Post    
I like several of the girls including Desiree who I think looks like Katie Holmes. Took me the whole first two episodes to place who she reminded me of!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Amanda is scary the way she turns it on and off. She either has severe mood swings or she is totally fake. I never thought that Kacie had much of a chance but she completely messed up with her tell all to Sean. She was playing a game rather than trying to be herself. AshLee seems sincere and that was a nice date with those two girls with the medical problems (though I was amazed they were okay on the rides). Desiree seems both cute and funny and it seems they have something going on between them. Lesley and Lindsay both seem cute. The dog visit with Sarah was sweet. Tierra seems pretty manipulative. I'm not saying she faked the fall but she sure worked it to her advantage.

Sean appears very sincere and kind with all of these women and especially those who have difficult backstories. It may be exceptionally hard for some of them if/when they are rejected.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 12:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree, but I do think he was rude to Kacie when she had her time to talk.. I mean I don't think he is prohibited from just saying, "give us a bit more time" when someone interrupts 30 seconds into a conversation.

And the second time, again interrupted.. I think at THAT time he should have sent her home, roseless, rather than dramatically ushering her out after the Rose Ceremony was to begin. But I guess that is "good television".

However, he was right to send her packing.. and she should have known better than to come to him with drama like she did. So she's better off gone.

Desiree is really adorable.

And Catherine is too.. she reminds me of someone, but I cannot name that someone at the moment because I cannot come up with the name.

Tierra and Amanda need to go.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
My fiance's mother watches every season of this and I only watched one of them a long time ago--it was the season with Travis, who is now on the Doctors. Anyway, I've never really been interested in Bachelor/Bachelorette because I like physical competition/strategy reality shows over romance/love ones, but I've seen the previews and this Sean guy really appealed to me because he seemed pretty cool.

So I thought what the heck, and now I go over and watch it with her on mondays!! :-) Not only that but my SO was working on the laptop and sat on the couch with us and by the end of the night he was teasing one of his mother's friends on the phone "I got sucked into it, Mary!"

So I like AshLee, Lesley and Sarah prob the best. I'm also kinda rooting for Desiree, Lindsey (I liked her prank with the wedding dress! I think it did totally capture her goofy side, the only thing that concerned me is that she got a little bit too tipsy that first night! Glad she's recovered a bit) and Selma.

UGH, cannot STAND Tierra. I never understand people who come on these shows and are like I'm not here to make FRIENDS, I'm here for _____ And in this instance Sean. It's like okaaaay, but how you treat the other girls also reflects on your overall character. Being civil or even friendly...finding some sort of tentative camaraderie shows you are a decent person. It being a competition doesn't excuse you from being a decent person.

One of my favorite things about Sean is that it seems like he is trying really hard not to send women home who he hasn't had the proper time to get to know a little better. Like he truly is trying to give ALL of them a chance and doesn't want to make snap decisions.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Loved the scene with Sarah's dog :-)

Amanda is kinda weird and scary, but I'm not too worried because I think he doesn't have the strongest connection with her yet and I think before long she will be cut. And this split personality thing she has going on is really unfortunate for her looks too! She doesn't strike me as particularly pretty until she's talking to Sean and then I'm like "wow, I forgot how much of a beauty she is". Smiling just lights up her face and I wish she was that person ALL the time.

I kinda knew Kacie was going home, I just get this idea that he wanted to give them a shot...but I think it was just wishful thinking. I think he'd already put her in the friend category and even without that little "chitchat" on this episode, I think it wasn't going anywhere. I really thought it was sweet that he walked her out and gave a longer explanation. It was, once again, just another example of how considerate he is that he didn't want to just leave her standing there at the end of the night with no rose or time to explain.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kacie never had a chance. Sean met her a few weeks before in NYC at an event and he wasn't even interested in her then. I don't know why she humiliated herself when he had no interest in her a month earlier.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Has Jackie said a word on camera yet?

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one who doesn't like Desiree? I did at first but watching her last night, something about her just put me off.

I did not really care for Ashlee at first but I am loving her now. She is such a sweetheart.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that Desiree is cute and funny. Most of the women on this season appear pretty nice with a couple of notable exceptions who are still there (Amanda and Tierra).

I think Kacie fell into the trap of treating it like a game she wanted to win. Plus she was more interested in Sean than he was interested in her. Awkward. Definitely a bad vibe. I still think she is a nice person though.

LOL - I agree with Lakecat that some of these women are MIA. I know the producers want to focus on drama and maybe they aren't providing drama.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yeah, some of those names he picked last night I have never heard of.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one who doesn't like Desiree? I did at first but watching her last night, something about her just put me off.

Nope, I totally understand what you mean. I don't outright dislike her yet, but she has been moving away as one of my favorites. I think what put me off is that the more she focuses on the other girls and having opinions/comments about them (which she has been a little bit more verbal about that) the more I just...IDK...I don't like it.

I like the girls who care about getting to know Sean, make connections with him and steer away from getting into the trap of talking/making judgements about each other. And many of them are doing a fine job of that.