TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 19, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: Archive through March 19, 2012 users admin

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
No Lexie. The next season according to Extra.

Hwy1diva

05-10-2011

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwy1diva a private message Print Post    
She'd probably be paired with Mark

Can not imagine how they would work together. I hope this is just gossip. No Courtney on Dancing!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Oh okay Bombaycat... thanks for clarifying. The article I just read said she would be on the show premiering March 19.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Well, I guess it's a good thing that I no longer watch DWTS anyways. Cuz if I had, they just killed it for me!

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
I din't want Ben to pick Courtney all during the season. I didn't like Courtney all during the season. I thought she was the mean queen.

BUT........... I do not know how any real woman could live with that insipid, whiney, fake, overly polite, goody two shoed bunch of phoney women for the life of me. Courtney may have been phoney with Ben when she was trying to win her man, but she kept it real with the women, she didn't like them and they knew it.

I wonder how much bitchiness that was directed at her was deleted. I find it very very hard to believe that she was the only snarky one in the crowd.

I wonder if the fact that Ben obviously favored her was the fire that kept the girls anger fueled. Just a thought, the green eyed monster can be awfully powerful.

Seriously, I bet everyone of you reading this have handled a Courtney in your life and if Ben meant anything to them she would have been long gone.

Edited to Add: Monica is one of the few women on that show that I felt was real, she looked like she was having fun and I don't think she took it too seriously, I just don't see a fit between her and Ben, she looks like too much woman for him.

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
Is it just me or is is annoying the way these girls run and jump in the guys arm and wrap their legs around them. Weird. I didn't do that when I was 100 pounds and dating some guy and I don't do it now. It's so fake

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Fake unbridled enthusiasm.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That IS annoying.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that most guys would love that. Why would it necessarily be fake?

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
I have never seen anyone do that on the street... and we have seen it so many times on this show. I am thinking that some producer must tell the girls to "run up and jump on the guy, wrap your legs around him". Otherwise it just isn't something that is done naturally. And the guy must know so as to brace himself... because having a grown woman jump on you like that can easily throw him off balance and they both would be on the ground. Yah, I think it is fake.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
How about greetings for soldiers coming home? Is that fake too?

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
Ben is NOT a soldier coming home

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes I am aware of that thank you. I was addressing the point where people said that sort of action is generally fake and never seen elsewhere.

Anyway, I'm sure that a huge part of this show is fake. It's amazing they've got any successful relationships out of it. :-)

Costacat

07-15-2000

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
My local news always shows troops returning home and I don't recall seeing anyone run and jump into anyone's arms.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I have seen it on Wife Swap!!!!!!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I always thought that was odd too. They do it on Wifeswap and Celeb Wifeswap too quite often. I don't think the feelings are necessarily fake, but I think production tells them to run. (and maybe wrap their legs around) I think it looks even more odd because the bach has to just stand there because of the camera.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
Ok first off if I wanted to run up and jump on dh with my legs wrapped around him, it would be a minor miracle, giggling just thinking of the mental image.lol

Secondly his back would be out if I could ever get that high off the ground, and third but not least in importance he would think I had lost my frickin mind.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Let's not forget Rachel. She was always jumping into Brendan's arms on BB and still is doing it on TAR! Just once, I would like to see the guy fall over.

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
I just think it's weird and so staged. My husband was in The Marines and I never thought I am going run and jump in his arms and I have never seen anyone else do it. My husbnad was gone a year one month after we got married and I still didn't feel like doing that. I think the feelings are real at the moment but it isn't really love. you get caught up in the moment and the feelings and you fall in lust. I think they think they love him but just think how many times they have to re say things and re do things and stop and look at the camera and smile or whatever just not real! I think the shows make them do this stuff and I thing girls who think it's cute need to grow up . You could hurt a guy!!!!
Falling would be funny

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
If the guy doesn't know it's coming, I think he would be knocked backwards.

I wouldn't even know how to jump on somebody that way!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think it obviously depends on the couple's emotional relationship, personality and physical size and ability. While it may be orchestrated on shows like The Bachelor, I think it is a genuine display of affection for some couples in real life. I'm not sure why it bothers people. Maybe it has something to do with a general disapproval of showing affection in public?

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I think it has to do with the fact that "it may be orchestrated on shows".

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I doesn't bother me and showing affection in public doesn't bother me either, I just think it's odd because I never see that outside of these reality shows. My husband was in the navy on a huge ship and I never saw any wives or gfs greet their guys that way. Of course, there wasn't really enough space to get that running start!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My hubby spotted this online for me this morning. Ben and Courtney were apparently out and about in San Francisco yesterday:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2012/03/bachelor-ben-fiancee-courtney-are-casual-in-san-francisco/1#.T2dSxcWPWuI

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well, that solves the mystery whether or not Courtney is filling in for Gladys Knight on DWTS.