TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 18, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: The Bachelor - All Seasons: Archive through April 18, 2012 users admin

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Some cute photos of Melissa, Ty, and Ava:

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelor/gallery/cute-family-pics-melissa-rycroft-tye-strickland-and-baby-ava-grace-on-a-summer-picnic?utm_campaign=vrl&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twu-bachelor

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sweet baby! Thanks for sharing those pics, Hypermom. I'll bet she was thrilled to be able to show off her new baby. Little Ava is adorable!

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
For some reason I had in mind this already happened, but I must have just gotten ahead of myself as this was just online today.

Former 'Bachelor' bachelorette Chantal O'Brien reportedly engaged

An interesting excerpt:

The former The Bachelor runner-up -- who had failed to receive Womack's final rose and the marriage proposal he offered fellow bachelorette Emily Maynard instead -- had reportedly already signed contracts to serve as the current The Bachelorette star over Ashley Hebert earlier this year.

Here's a link to the full article --

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/former-bachelor-bachelorette-chantal-obrien-reportedly-engaged-12432.php}

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've added a General Discussion and a Spoiler thread for the upcoming season. Unless we are speculating and / or making general non-specific comments, we should be posting specifics in the Spoiler thread. I'll move some posts over there. Thanks! :-)

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/2011/12/emily-maynard-is-new-bachelorette.html

It doesn't appear that it is quite a done deal yet.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 5:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
"Emily is America's sweetheart," adds the source. "Fans are going to be thrilled! Everyone loved her."

uuuuhhhh.... okay

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Not Everyone! :-)

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I wish they'd get new people on ALL the reality shows and quit recycling people we've seen before, I am NOT on the Emily-love bandwagon.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I love recycles. It takes me too long to figure out who someone is when they do someone new. Love them or hate them, at least I have an opinion.... which is all I need when I watch! I'm OK with Emily. Not sure how interesting she will be... but I am OK with it. Plus she is from my state (NC), which is always fun.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was watching "Selling New York" (think that's what it's called) the other night and Prince Lorenzo was on it. They were looking for a home for him and kept showing him these outrageously huge and expensive houses. Apparently he's still single. They were all falling all over him, cause he's a Prince and all. It was funny to see him on another show. Wonder if he got paid or just did it for the publicity?

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I think Bentley is definitely going to be on Emily's season:

Would Em go for that? “He would really have to show remorse,” Emily tells People Magazine (via HollywoodLife.com). “But one thing I have learned is to never say never.”

It sounds like both Emily and Chris Harrison are open to the idea, if the guy grovels at their feet. But would Bentley want to come back to reality TV after getting raked over the coals? Wouldn’t he just want to stay far, far away?

Would Bachelorette Emily Maynard Consider Dating Bentley Williams?
about 16 hours ago by Gina Carbon

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I'm ok with recycles sometimes. But it's been a real long string of them. It would be nice to have someone new. (I sure wish we didn't have Ben right now. I am surprised that I ended up being so disappointed by him. With Ali, I was pleasantly surprised because I couldn't stand her from Jake's season.) We haven't had anyone new since Brad was on the first time.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Happymom, I'm pretty sure I read that Mike Fleiss will never have another "new" bachelor or bachelorette because the recycles come with a built-in audience. That equals better ratings. As much as people complain about the recycles, they always come with some kind of history which makes them more instantly relatable than someone new. It'll never happen.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I read that too. It makes good business sense. I still wish we could have a non recycle every once in awhile. Maybe a celebrity of some sorts would give them immediate viewers but someone we don't know from this franchise.

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
Tim Tebow On 'The Bachelor': Chris Harrison Says The Denver Broncos Quarterback Has Been Approached
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05...
Could Tim Tebow be the next "Bachelor?" Host Chris Harrison looked pretty confident on "Access Hollywood Live" when he revealed that "The Bachelor" has approached the Denver Broncos quarterback to be the next contestant on the successful match-making reality show.

Sia

03-10-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
I'm expecting Kacie B from the current "Bachelor" season (with Ben Flajnik) to be announced as the next Bachelorette. I think the show orchestrates a woman's exit from the show (usually right before the overnight dates) if she's an audience favorite but not someone the Bachelor intends to choose in the final round. I think the producers/writers of the show have much more to do with which girls stay/go than they want the viewers to know. I don't see any way on earth that Ben could have kept Courtney around until the final round, except that the producers love to keep someone controversial/crazy around for as long as possible.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ginger, while Chris H. said Tim Tebow was approached, he absolutely will NOT be the next Bachelor. After they get done filming Emily's season, the next season won't start filming until smack in the middle of football season. I don't think Tebow is going to take off the entire 2012-2013 football season to appear on the trash that is The Bachelor (6-8 weeks of filming and then another 2 months of interviews). And then there is that pesky little thing called his contract with the Broncos.

Sia, speculation right now is either Linzi or Emily will be the next Bachelorette.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I hope Tebow does not stoop to the depths of this train wreck of a show. Surely he is better than that.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Why in the world would anyone go on this show? Seriously. Has anyone ever become 'famous'? No. Every single person has been ridiculed beyond belief and drug through the coals. Why would you do that? I don't get it and that's why I don't watch it! :-)

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Just watched the reunion show for Top Chef/Texas and have decided that single "Malibu Chris" would make a great bachelor. Does anyone else agree?

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Most are more famous than before the show....and they have an interesting story to tell people! I can see how they would go into it for the experience.... very cool dates in awesome places. Not all get ridiculed (well, or at least to their face)... and I am sure no one would expect that to happen to them when they go into it! It is a crazy emotional experience that even could make a sane person crazy....but most are in their 20s. Their lives are a series of emotional experiences! I haven't heard many of them say they regret having done it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
This is really about both Bachelor/ette. There is apparently a lawsuit being filed for never having had a black bachelor or bachelorette, even though many have applied.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This isn't worth the paper it is written on. Evidently, the two people that filed the "class action lawsuit" must not be fans or they would know that there hasn't been a new Bachelor/ette in YEARS !!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Part of the problem is Chris Harrison doing VO commercials for people to apply to be the next Bachelor/ette - but yet they don't cast the actual Bachelor/ette from those casting calls. They only cast the 25 boyfriends/girlfriends from those casting calls.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I realize it was a different channel, but Flava of Love, Real Chance at Love, and I Love New York come to mind....