TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 03, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Pad : Archive through September 03, 2012 users admin

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
I can't understand why Erica would even want to keep coming back. She is never liked and sadly the guys are pretty rude making it clear they have interest in hooking up with her. Why continuevtonput up with that humiliation. Oh I know! Exposure!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
There is word for that. But I can't say it here! :-)

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Costa, Erica has been on numerous reality shows going back several years. In each and every one that I saw her in, she was no different than she has been in the Bachelor Pad. She makes it hard to like her.

I felt really sorry for her last year, though (I think it was last year). There was a contest where the guys had to write down the name of which girl they thought was the best at/worst at whatever. Then, one at a time, they revealed their answers to everyone. Erica almost always got the most negative responses. The harshest question was something along the lines of who they (each guy) found least attractive or they were least attracted to. If memory serves, Erica was unanimously named. There she stood as each man revealed his answer. As much as I dislike Erica's behavior, that "contest" crossed the line. That was not the only time she was put down in the game, but that was the one that most irritated me.

After the way she was treated last year, I questioned why in the world she came back this year. I kind of wonder if her big blow up at Michael this year was just kind of the accumulation of last year, Michael's betrayal, and that Michael was the one person she probably knew she could, in the moment, get away with having a temper tantrum.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Oh, one other thing, I am now convinced, producers willing, Erica will be back to the Bachelor Pad next year.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
There is word for that. But I can't say it here!

Yes, you can, Costa. It will just show up as red dots, but we'll all know what you mean.

Erica is a pretty unlikable girl. She was mad at Michael and just saying every hurtful thing she could think of. She just wanted to hurt him as much as he'd hurt her. I thought his idea was brilliant, just obviously not carried out very well. I blame the producers for wanting to stir it up a little. Same with all those questions and the game show thing. They just want to stir it up for the drama. At least they didn't seem to be quite as mean with the questions this year (who's the least attractive woman in the house? Really???).

Chris is very immature, as he was on The Bachelorette. His solution to having a difference of opinion with someone else is to get angry and belligerent. It just cracks me up every time he yells, "I'm a grown-a$$ man!" Very, very immature.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Wasn't there some contest last year on BP where they had to throw water balloons filled with paint at the one girl they least liked? And didn't Erica get splattered the most? Something like that. I thought then that I would be surprised if she showed up again yet... there she was stepping out of a limo THIS season?

Debbborra

08-17-2012

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debbborra a private message Print Post    
I just find it funny that Bachelor pad feels realer than the bachelorette did. I didn't believe any of them!

I don't mean that I disliked them. They all seemed like nice enough people for the most part. But you never lost view of the fact that it was television. And they never seemed to lose sight of it either. It all felt forced.

Bachelor pad while kind of cheaper and less geared toward the genuine actually feel far more believable.

Wally

08-13-2011

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wally a private message Print Post    
well, Erica ousting Michael was a total blindside in this season overall and probably thee only way Michael would've been booted since he seemed to be in the driver's seat of the power couples alliance

thought it was weird how _ after all the preview hype of a blooming Michael-Rachel romance _ all we got of that was a cheap non-date cuddle with some unshown guitar serenading?

oh well, gawd's will

the real elephant in the room regarding the Emily The Bachelorette's whole trip was/is: her Little Ricki really isn't all that cute, somewhat monstrous-looking actually

but no one's gonna come out and say, "Hey, Emily, Little Ricki isn't even cute!"

as far as tearful Tony and ball-busting Blakely go, no wonder the guy was hanging around the house, son or no son back home!

I really like them as a couple: Blakely's the va-voom Tony needs to spice up his domestic life and give his son a strong-willed mom-stitute, while Tony's the solid good guy father-husband that Blakely can finally trust in and start to build a beautiful life with

Hell, I'd even like to see a whole new reality show covering the post-Bachelor Pad couplings, especially including a Tony-Blakely and son follow-through

that said, heck, I think I'll root for them to win this whole shebang _ them or uh Ed and Jaclyn

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I could go for a show like that too Wally. Some interesting pairings seem to come out of Bach Pad. holly and Blake quietly got married. Kalon and Lindzy are still togheter. If it's true that Tony and Blakely are giving it a whirl, well good for them!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 24, 2012 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, did nobody else notice that the song that was "playing on the radio" when Blakely and Tony were dancing was good ol' phony baloney Wes's "Love Don't Come Easy"??? Didn't he originally write that for Deana and then used it on Gia last year? He was the one that she thought wrote like a "modern Shakespeare." Ay yi yi. I'll bet he got paid some money for the use of his song.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
"she's my girl on the show"....what a pig

Denirob

08-17-2006

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denirob a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, do you mean Jillian's season. I don't think Wes was on Deanna's season. I did hear the song and it sounded like the song that Wes was pushing on Jillian's season.

Denirob

08-17-2006

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denirob a private message Print Post    
Kalon and Lindzi have gone home. They voted as couples to vote out a couple. Kalon jumped into Lindzi's limo before they left the lot. How cute.

Denirob

08-17-2006

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denirob a private message Print Post    
Now there's a new show called "Bachelorette Party" featuring former Bachelorette Deanna Pappas and her upcoming nuptuals. Her fiance, Stephen, is Michael's brother. He looks so much like him. Does anyone know if they are twins?

Allym

07-29-2012

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allym a private message Print Post    
Gees that was dumb to give Blakeley and her partner a rose. Maybe if she wins and has some money she will go away. She makes me uncomfortable to watch her aggressive behavior. But she would probably lose it quickly and have to come back again. I liked what Kalon said to Lindzi. I wonder if she likes him or is just pretending.

Wally

08-13-2011

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wally a private message Print Post    
Tonight's episode seemed like the first time this season they've shown Lindzi talking all animated-like; she mostly just angles her head/face into weird obtuse positions. When she was saying her parting words in the limo, Kallen's face looked like he was about to kiss her as she spoke. They both have odd pretty, featuristic faces.

Ed and Sarah's ? satirical imitations of Tony and Blakely during the ending production credits was a hoot! The whole bit about merging their cable channels together (Sarah as Blakely: "But I don't even have cable!" - Ed as Tony: "See, see what I bring to the table?!")

Nick, what a spazz. I like Rachel, but I think they should've gotten the boot.

Jaclyn and Ed's strange relationship continues on that overnight date. Jaclyn even looked the prettiest she've ever been this season, but I feel bad because she's just giving in to this super-casual fling-thing with a non-committal might-have-a-gal-back-home Ed.

I'll puke if Chris and Sarah win the enchilada!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'll puke too and throw my shoe at the TV!

I'm done feeling bad for Jaclyn. Ed told her he has a girl back home and she continues to throw herself at him.

Denirob -- yes they are twins.

I think I'm hoping for Blakely for the win now. Yes she's over the top at times, like a train wreck, but if she can make it to the end, I think she's earned it. I don't think Nick has done anything to earn it. I think Ed is a lush and Jacyln a fool. Chris is just so immature and awful, so that leaves Tony and Blakely. Tony seems like a nice enough guy.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Denirob -- DeAnna got married a while ago:
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-style/news/see-deanna-pappas-wedding-dress-20112610

Denirob

08-17-2006

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denirob a private message Print Post    
Thanks Brenda for the info. I live in Canada and we get a lot of these shows way after the fact. I knew she was engaged, didn't know she got married already. It has been almost a year apparently. Little did I know.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Denison, yes I meant Jillian's season, rather than Deanna. I get them all mixed up!

I think it was a much smarter game move to keep Rachel & Nick. Kalon & Lindzi were much more of a power couple & Kalon was a total liar. Nick & Rachel will be much easier to cut loose when the time comes & they're much more reliable than Kalon, who lies so easily. I think Kalon & Lindzi make a cute couple (love that he jumped in her limo), but I'm glad they're gone.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree from a game perspective -- Kalon and Lindzi could be a tough couple to beat, so I can see why they were sent home.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I am home alone for dinner. Can't read about BB because the show won't come on for at least 2 hrs. still and I don't want to be spoiled before I see it. I have no interest in the Rep convention...need something to read during dinner.

Ashley S's blog from ep 5. SO funny! link

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Ashley's ep 6 blog

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I also read Michael's blog. He did not even mention his phone call with Rachel. hmmmm....

Denirob

08-17-2006

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denirob a private message Print Post    
So, Tony and Blakely got sent home early in the show. Nick and Rachel won the final comp and get to decide who goes with them to the end.